Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do I get high for so long?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JesusGreen, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Okay, now to start, I don't believe it's tolerance. I smoke once a day and I have a tolerance, not the biggest one in the world but I don't get as high as I used to.

When I first started smoking the "peak" of my high was about 2 hours after smoking, then for the next 2-3 hours I felt just as high, and after that I slowly felt like I was coming down for the next 4-5 hours. My highs were ridiculously long and there were days where I'd smoke in the morning and still feel a light buzz when I was going to sleep.

Now my highs aren't as long, but they're still very long. I normally smoke around 8pm or just after.. About 30-60 minutes later I'm at my highest, but I'm just as high for the next 2-3 hours after that, and I'm normally still quite high when I go to sleep (between midnight and 2AM).

So why is it that even though the intensity of my highs changed with tolerance, my highs are still so long?

I don't think of it as a bad thing, it's certainly a blessing, but I'd love to know the science behind it.

2. I experience much the same thing. I think it's just God's gift to us! Too bad i'm dry now...

3. sometimes i think this happens to me. I believe that its 1. the mindset (at least for me) if i with friends and were all chilling and everyones going crazy or something i feel high. but then its like i go home and i can easily turn it off. Also for me i think the body high is still going for a while at least for me. With some stuff feel that isnt mental is felt for me. Idk though sometimes this happens to me i smoked last saturday at around 4 20 and i was still feeling high at like 9

4. This is how I was when I first started out.

Enjoy it while you can because eventually you'll be lucky if your highs last even an hour.

5. I've been smoking pretty much daily since January, how long and how much smoking each day did it take for you to decrease the duration so much?

6. Yeah for real..

You rookies are lucky.

7. Wow are you sure you aren't confusing mild come down effects as still being high?
    Theoretically you should peak at 15 mins and plateu for the next couple hours then come down.

If you are seriously fresh as far as smoking,then yea 5 hour highs aren't uncommon,when I first started I would be asked by my friends if Im still high when they had clearly sobered up,and I was still fucked up.

Give it time and you'll gain more tolerance,although try to avoid doing so if you can help it...

8. ive been smoking for about 2 years the 1 hour high is definitely not true for me.

9. Lol then you are doing something wrong bro.

No matter what you want to think, you build up a tolerance for EVERYTHING. Weather it be cold medicine, caffine, or straight THC. There's no way you can smoke habitually for a matter of years without building up a significant tolerance. There's no such thing as being God's chosen one where you just get incredibly high every time; it just means your new to smoking. Its no big deal, but like I said it wont last.

I've been smoking for 3 years with a few breaks here and there, none longer than a month. My friends are all the same way, dank or mids we always need another good boost about 30-40 minutes into the session.

If that's not the case for you then more power to you. But nobody is "immune" to this; it will happen eventually... So enjoy your stoney bologna ass while you can.

10. I've built up a tolerance. I need to smoke a fair bit of dank to get high, and I don't get anywhere near as high as I did several months ago. I'm sure it'll happen to me soon though, but I've just wondered why after 10 months of pretty much daily smoking it has barely decreased.

Now that I think about it, it could be low blood pressure. I'm quite thin and have lower blood pressure than most. Low blood pressure usually makes people get mad high or high for really long.

11. Rookies can stay high for that long? I must have some really bad stuff or need to smoke more of it cause my high only lasts about an hour. But then again it was only my second smoke... maybe that had something to do with it? Cause I didn't get high at all my first time.

12. And you're complaining?! Haha my mom was like this too, but my highs only last like an hour and a half then I'm just real relaxed for like 45 minutes. And I've only been smoking a year and a half or so. Some just respond differently I guess.

13. If you take aderol for any reason, that might be why.

14. Enjoy it while it lasts, you may find yourself in a struggle to get high after your tolerance kicks in. :eek: it sucks

15. im so high i noticed you said high about 20 times

16. I think your blood pressure theory might be right, when you get high I'm guessing you don't eat ridiculous amounts of food? Cus usually when I munch out hardcore its a bit of a buzz kill..