Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why Do I get anxious/nauseas everytime I smoke

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Logieberra, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Seems like everytime I get a good high I get all nauseas and anxious which gets my adrenaline going and it ruins my good high ... it's either i'm not high enough or anxious

is there any way to help this or is this just a thing I have to deal with

PS. I have only been a regular smoker for about 3 months and have panic disorder and OCD whicih I take meds for

2. it's triggered by your OCD and panic attacks, once you smoke more the high will be more mild and then if it still doesn't go away then you can keep smoking and deal with it or quit smoking

3. It's most likely the medication reacting with the herb. Try to stop taking your prescription and use weed to medicate. You never know it could be much more effective and it's defiantly a lot safer.

4. yeah plus theres no sexual side effects like my prescription meds have.. but I tried this already, I went off my meds in the summer and after about 2 months I started getting MASSIVE panic attacks and my OCD was so out of control I was late to a gig with my band cause I was washing my hands..:(

5. hell you don't even need meds for ocd/ panic attacks, trust me

6. I dunno I got it pretty bad, Just the thought I might puke when I'm not on my meds causes me to go into a full blown panic attack where your body is pumping with adrenaline and you can barely think or move... it's a terrible feeling and it's the reason why I don't touch the unmentionables

7. i used to get pretty bad anxiety in the first couple months i started smoking due to underlying feelings of anxiety/depression.

what made it stop for me is when i went on vacation to the desert. me and 3 friends smoked like a half ounce in like a period of 6 hours. & i remember just sitting in the back of a truck laughing really hard then calming down, then i looked at the campfire and it's like i completely 100% calmed down. and i was really comfortable, i got a sense of "self", because i love the desert, and i loved my friends with me.

my solution to you is try getting way beyond high in a situation you're really comfortable with, with your friends/boy/girlfriend/etc just not by yourself so they create a good environment for you in case your mind starts making a bad one. and i gotta throw in that i think nature is pretty key.

8. Yeah I have not smoked in nature since the summer when I used to smoke like 1 maybe 2 times a week and it would always be at band rehearsal or out doing stuff... maybe its me being at home that makes me anxious or something ... I smoke at least once a day now sometimes 2 if I'm home alone all day. You would think I would have gotten relaxed with smoking by now

9. Considering you have panic disorder it's almost definitely anxiety, which by the way causes nausea... might wanna see if you can up your dosage on the meds or better yet get off all the drugs for about 6 months and actually beat the anxiety.

Could have been a sativa dominant strain, try smoking indica next time it's anti-anxiety.

10. Not sure, but I smoke to get rid of those symptoms. Literally those are the 3 things that are eliminated when I smoke.

11. #11 BudBrownies, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
    I think it's the meds, although cannabis is safe and non-addictive when mixed with other drugs, the effects can be different because one drug is trying to control brain chemical levels and cannabis is upping the levels and the drugs are battling vs each other and the brain is freaking out.

You shouldn't smoke if you're taking psychotropic drugs. I'm guessing you're either taking some sort of antidepressant or antianxiety, it's not a good idea to mess around with brain chemistry because the drugs are doing two different things, one is controlling the levels and the other cannabis has a free for all effect of chemicals.

12. thanks for the advice, I'm actually on Cipralex (antidepressant) Clonazepam(Anti Anxiety) and Abilify (anti psychotic) so It's a bit of a cocktail of things plus I take liquid kelp, probiotics and horny goat weed if that makes any difference I'm not sure..

really sucks cause I love how much better music is high but hate the nausea and anxiety

13. I used to get bad anxiety whenever I smoked too. It never happened when I first started but about a year later it just came out of nowhere. One time I had a really bad panic attack while high and I almost had a heart attack. After this, every time I smoked I would have a panic attack about something stupid. I ended up taking about a month break from weed (before this I would get high almost everyday) and just started back. I pretty much just got over it. It's all in your head and you just have to find someway to beat it. Listening to music or watching TV usually helps by keeping your mind distracted. The more you sit and dwell on whatever is bothering you, the worse it gets. You just need to convince yourself that everything is all good. Good luck.

Also, I found that smoking with other people prevents anxiety issues as well. During that period of time when I got anxiety from getting high, if I smoked with a friend or at a party around other people I was perfectly okay. But if I was alone, it would happen every time. That goes back to the whole mental thing. My mind would be distracted by the people around me and stuff whereas at my house I'm alone.

14. Very true, It is just that when I'm home alone I get to listen to my music in peace

Do you think kief would make it worse, cause I started using kief in every bowl and its around the same time I started feeling anxious after smoking.. maybe I should smoke a bowl of shake tonight no kief and drink some fennel and ginger tea with it , sounds pretty relaxing to me :eek:

15. I'm telling you, I used to be the exact same way. After you've been smoking for a while and build up a little tolerance, I promise you won't even notice unless you're just waaayy too gone.

Sometimes still if I get hella twisted I can still get paranoid about my heart rate n shit haha. Gotta lay off the kush man.

16. that's good to hear, I thought that maybe over time It will go away and I can just enjoy my high ...

usually it plays out like this... smoke in garage until I feel dazed then come inside and listen to music and the second I sit down on my laptop it starts , I get dry throat and start feeling nauseas and then the anxiety comes .. last night was the worst I have had it in a while I had to pace around my house and try petting my cats as I hyperventilated a bit but once the anxiety reaches its peak after about half hour it goes away and I'm left with a tired high... not so nice

17. okay just smoked a half of a small bowl of shake and drank some fennel and ginger tea feel pretty good so far

18. i have a similar thing going since my t break but with headaches too