Why do I fall for girls so easy?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Wiscompton, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Please help me!! I'll meet a girl and hook up wit her maybe once or twice and talk to her and all of a sudden I get jealous when she talks to other dudes and it sucks becuase we aren't dating or anything and I know she could give a shit about me. Any body have any tips on how to help this or any reasons why i might do this? Please help it's really bothering me.

2. You are insecure about yourself. Not trying to be a jerk, but that's just what it sounds like.

When you think very little of yourself, it's easy to project that onto other people: "I think I'm pretty worthless, so why would she be into me at all?" This becomes that basis for your jealousy.

You need to begin looking at yourself in a new light. Emphasize your strengths, the things you are best at, and keep them in mind at all times until your self-attitude begins to change. It helps if you spend time working on/with your natural talents so you can see those aspects of yourself grow and develop.

For example, if you've always been funny, why not take an improv class and tryout for a local group? When you receive positive feedback from others, it can really turn your attitude around.

Once your attitude is on the right track jealousy won't creep up as often: it's easier to say "Why needs her? I'm happy just as a I am,"

3. ^^ what he said;)

4. Now that I think of it I kinda am insecure about myself :-/ I know I should show my strengths but I don't want to come off as cocky. Damn I need major help ha.

5. Probably not major help, to be honest you just sound a little bit on the young side (no, I am NOT calling you "under 18"!).

Don't worry about being cocky so much. I understand it's a real concern, but unless you're throwing girls out of your apartment at 3am because you're "finished" with them (true story about an ex-roommate), it's not really a thing.

It's not so much about showing your strengths as just believing in them yourself. You can be a devout Christian but not talk about God to your friends everyday. Similarly, you can believe yourself to be an intelligent, funny, capable guy without going out and saying to every woman you meet "Did you know I'm the smartest man in the world?"

Take a little time to throw yourself into a non-girl related goal (maybe working on a degree or a promotion at work, maybe a musical side project, whatever you're into). Once you accomplish it, the thrill of victory should propel you past your current issues.

6. I do consider myself on the young side bein 20 and thanks for the help man. I really appreciate it!!

7. haha this sounds like one of my college professors talking in a lecture.

8. Yeah...I used to TA some classes as a grad student so I get that from time to time...sorry if it was condescending, I didn't mean it to be, old habits just die hard!

9. I don't think this is a blatant indicator of insecurity.

It could be OP's just more of the relationship type as opposed to the hit it and quit it type.

At least this was the case with me. I used to get the jealousy thing too and think why the fuck do i care until I realized it was because I wanted to keep these girls (well not all them specifically, but I wanted to keep -a- girl).

so idk, too much jumping to conclusions there imo

10. Take it as a complement, it sounded like great advice:D

11. I tend to have this problem sometimes, it works out sometimes but other times i just end up getting hurt from caring more than they do. All I can really say is that things will work out eventually.

12. You don't need major help, in fact you are quite normal. Just boost up your confidence and you need to realize that girls aren't some impossible prey to capture. They're stupid just like you and me.

13. Haha dude i feel the same way all the time with girls.. shits annoying.

14. hah, true that !

15. eat bacon every morning like me im on top of the world

16. to the OP, something that has kinda helped me with my current situation is that girls would be straight up with you and if they did'nt want to hook up with you or text you a bunch then they would tell you that.

17. Gotta love yourself before you can love anyone else my man.

18. Fuck wat everyone said.. U let ur dick tell u wat to do
    u jus don't want no1 else bangin her

I say this because I'm the same way I find a bad bitch n I hate when other dudes try to flirt even if it's a normal convo

After a few weeks I'm like fuck it in cant deal with her do me the fav

19. ya know I do the same shit alot!.. And don't know why either!..

Like Madrid said, and I quote "At least this was the case with me. I used to get the jealousy thing too and think why the fuck do i care until I realized it was because I wanted to keep these girls (well not all them specifically, but I wanted to keep -a- girl)."

That's the situation I usually find myself in!

Fuck dog, I just need to get my dick wet.... hahaha, sorry, but it's true, you probably do too! Human's have needs!