Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do i cough up tar or resin? And what exactly is it?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Jessejames1129, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Ok so maybe 4 months ago i started to notice that i was coughing up black stuff and so i looked it up and found out its resin but im worried because my friends dont cough this resin up and they smoke more than me. Why do my friends not cough this up? Am i the only person that coughs it up instead of swallowing it? Or are my lungs trying to show me a sign that i shouldnt smoke? It happens with any flower so im not smoking bad weed.

2. Go see a doctor a bunch of stoners on a forum can't tell you what's wrong dude lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. It's just bits of your lungs. Nothing to worry about.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do more edibles. Problem solved.
    LMAO
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Here is how.
    Smoking-vaping-dabbing is all irritating to your lungs and they are telling you about it.
    BNW

4. sounds like tar and resin. If you smoke weed or darts enough you'll get that .
    Breathin out that dark smoke you know some is gonna stay behind. It sticks to bongs does the same to your innerds. I you don't like that then vape, thats what I try to do but joints are just too fun.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nasty. That guy died like the next day eh. I remember reading about him.
    It was a blood clot perfectly shaped like the inside of his lung.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Im just looking for another stoners opinion on it a doctor cant tell me what a stoner normally goes through if they havent smoked

7. Do your friends that don't cough shit up also smoke tobacco? I cough up some tar every now and then, your lungs are using their cilia clearing themselves of pollutants aka tar. Smoke from tobacco on the otherhand paralyzes the cilia so it can't work the tar back up, if your friends smoke tobacco and don't ever cough up anything that is probably why.

8. They actually dont use tobacco at all and they smoke about 10 times the amount of weed as me i almost feel like they judt swallow it becausr their bodies are so use to it

9. Got me, I smoke a decent amount and cough crap up usually every few days, been to the doctor plenty and they say my lungs sound great and have had a chest xray showing everything is good.

10. Huh im glad i cough it up then! I actually cough it up within like 30 minutes of smoking then i usually dont have anything else to cough up for the day.

11. Your puttin stuff in. Its gonna have to come out right. Better to cough it up then keep it in there. I had to quit smokin blunts casue it was gettin too rough on the lungs. Just once a month or so now

12. Ya thank you for the information i will definitely be switching to all dab and edibles hopefully soon im just waiting for a better job as they will most likely make my tolerance go way up and ill be spending more on weed

13. Flower vapes are nice too
    And i still smoke js most days so you know....

Sent from my SM-A530W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Ya im looking at the mega toke xl or the v2 i forgot which one but its kind of spendy but when i get it i know it will be way healthier than smoking with butane although i buy 11x refined butane for my lighters so i dont think its all that bad for me

15. Combustion itself is the real source. Butane is pretty damn clean compared to plant matter

16. Ya i was very confused when i heard someone tell me that butane was bad to breathe in because its just 4 carbon and 3 hydrogen per carbon and thats all stuff we breathe in and out on a normal basis right?

17. i
    It will be more of a complete combustion with butane then plants. Plants all kinds of tar and smoke and shit results from it. And decarbed canabanoids

Still even breathing air is slowly killing us so U do U G

18. Does smoking flower all the time damage your lungs? Id feel like oils would definitely destroy your lungs over time with my experience with them

19. Its the tar and smoke and heat. The THC CBD etc. is actually good for allot of people. Not everyone tho some react poorly.