Why do I bite my nails and pick at/rub feathers in between my fingers?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by AsthmaticStoner, Sep 22, 2015.

1. I had a blanket as a kid. There was one corner of it that I always rubbed between my fingers. It was so worn out! I miss that blanket

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Also I'm pretty ocd...like severe! Wether its cookibg cleaning or playing video games. I also used to chew on pens and erasers and shit lol

3. Biting nails, shaking hand from excitement, counting step on the pathway, and a few other quirky things. All this stopped for me after having a small traumatic brain injury followed by a few years of seizures. Im seizure free now and with no ticks anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have an obsession with counting. I once counted how many people were at the park....it was 53 of them!

5. I think we all have "our things" we do but under a time of stress or nervousness, we do them more. Mine is cracking my knuckles. Not very becoming and I try to crack them away from others but I notice when things are not balanced in my life, I will resort to cracking them until my hands hurt. That's when I know I need to take a look at my life to see what's bugging me to want to cause me to hurt my hands like that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #26 GrowQs, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    I think I myself have a slight OCD tick where I find myself lining things up with my eyes like gunsights especially while riding in a car like as the antenna passes poles or signs I like to watch them for when things line up exactly, closing one eye or the other playing with how my view shifts, viewing things covered by one eye but not the other, more or less playing with paralax if that makes any sense..

I have done it all my life and it's fine with me I guess but try not to let anyone notice me doing it, like shifting my head to make something in my sight align or closing an eye, lol..
    I find myself paying attention to what I can see from where.

It could be a good explanation for my decent shooting skills. I can shoot open site pistol or rifle with both eyes open quite well and easily employ the bindon aiming concept with low to even medium powerd optics..

7. I do something similar with the white lines on the road. I used to "lift" my toes up in betweem the lines as if I'm playing super Mario jumping over blocks lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Make a movie about finger nail eaters and their constant infection with round/anal worms
    the RU method is to see a hypno therapist where again you are instilled with
    an il-rational fear of micro bugs and their dirty habits
    super glue on the fingernails is a great deterrant

cheers/

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1