Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do I always feel like there is something going wrong with my body?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bigskyky, Dec 19, 2013.

1. When I smoke, no matter how much or how little, i almost always start panicking that i'm having a heart attack, a stroke, kidney failure, burst appendix or something. I still have a good time, its just the nagging thing at the back of my mind that is telling me that something is wrong. I've been smoking for about a year now. this didn't start happening to me until i quit my job about two months ago. could the negative affects that losing my job had on me cause me to have bad trips? or could it be that i need to get into better physical shape? or could their actually be something wrong going on with my body? i've talked to other people that have had panic attacks while high, but none seemed quite the same as mine. they all tell me just to focus on something else, but usually it won't go away even when i'm concentrating on something else. can anyone tell me whats up? i never have any of these problems sober, and i don't ever feel like this when i'm drinking and smoking. 

2. Man, I literally was browsing the forums looking for a story like this because the is exactly what I go through nowadays when I smoke. Back in the day I could smoke 3 bowls and never have anxiety or anything but then after 2 years of constant smoking I started having bad anxiety about earthquakes, aliens and shit like that. After my first panic attack, I started constantly worrying about my health mainly my heart. I had to quit weed. A year ago my Dr said I had generalized anxiety disorder. I just started smoking again a few months ago and I'm trying to get used to it again so I can enjoy it like I used to. Seems like everytime get high now I start to worry and it feels like I'm losing control. Worry about my heart rate while high too. I'd definitely be down to talk to you sometime. Maybe we can beat this thing with each other's help.

3. I'm kind of interested in this topic because it seems relatively common. A buddy of mine has this same issue, but he didn't have any problems when he first started smoking.

4. I recognize that feeling but don't often feel it. I did last night for the first time in ages. I was away from home for 2 days.me and my brother were smoking dope, i got paranoid about some plants in growing and i couldn't shake the idea that the plants were going to be found by my landlord or the growing lights will set the plants on fire! I was scared. But im home now and they are great! But you were saying getting scared about health issues as if you were dying and i have experienced that as well. It was MUCH worst after i smoked synthetic cannabis. My advice to anyone who suffers from worrying too much would be to make sure you have done everything you can to prepare for when you choose to get high. For example do all your jobs around the house before hand as if you are preparing for a l.s.d. trip . That way if you are smoking weed at home your anxiety will probably be lower. Also maybe the weed you are smoking is a bit too strong for you right now for some reason (mentally). It might be a good idea to smoke less potent gear or during your smoking sessions you might want to take in consideration to the number of "waves" you may experience from the dope.for example if i smoke some weed out my pipe,i will feel a hit within 1minute but over 2 hours the weed will bring other surprises with it as well. So what im saying is try allowing for a small amount of your chosen product to stop run its course before re-dosing. That way you might enjoy a shallow high rather then have a bad trip from smoking just over that threshold which nobody enjoys.

5. #5 2Pac, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2013
    And here's me thinking this only happened to me. I used to be able to smoke and be fine, chill. I still can be, but I get pains in the lower right of my stomach like my appendix has burst and I worry about the future for some reason. It's a complete buzz-kill and happens to me regularly. I also have been diagnosed with both 'social anxiety' and 'social phobia'. Maybe it's to with anxiety? I dunno.

Guess it's nice to know I'm not the only one.

6. I have had experiences similar to those mentioned as well. For an extended amount of time it was every time I smoked and it began becoming an unappealing experience. Eventually I moved passed it and came to realize it was just me freaking out.

Something that I considered when it was an issue for me is that your high is constantly going to be changing based on your thoughts, enviorment, and the bud you are smoking. There is almost an evolution to your high as you continue to smoke.

That being said about a month ago I smoked 3 globs of shatter back to back and I got so high I thought I was having a heart attack and almost threw up on my friends floor as a result. Happens to the best of us

7. This seems to be an all to common thing with pot smokers now.  I'm assuming pot does make the part of the brain that controls paranoia over active over time of pot use?

It could also be that pot nowadays is getting way more potent than ever before.

There are way too many threads nowadays that people are saying pot made them into an anxious wreck or they actually had to stop smoking because it makes them have panic attacks.  Some so bad it seems to have ruined their life.

Just my opinion of course.

8. Yeah i get this too, had a pnic attack about a week ago, was convinced my heart was moving around and beating irregularly 

9. My first year or two I got really paranoid... that's about it. Occasionally I think I'm gonna get hit by a meteor... :laughing:

10. #10 Pot4fun, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
    yea this has happened to me before, weed makes some people paranoid and self conscious. dont let worrying about it waste your high though. when you're sober you're gunna wish you were still high as shit being paranoid about yourself lol. try not to think about it, as long as you havent been mixing any other substances with your weed your worst fear should only be the munchies

11. I have had anxiety my whole life. when I get high i dont even notice, but all of a sudden i'm breathing fast sometimes, like my heart is racing feeling. once I notice it I just breath slower and do better. try and smoke a lil less, or try not to talk so much/so fast(lose your breath), just remind yourself to take a relaxing breath every 5 mins or somethin. if you have a hard time wear a bracelet when you look at it to remind you to calm down. sounds dumb but I have anxiety worse when I'm not high in everyday life situations and sometimes the difference between being stressed and calm af is just a rational realization that there is no plain reason you need to be stressed out, you minds just gettin ahead of itsself.
    other wise weed makes me a lot more open and less self-conscious. no reason to get paranoid, just remind yourself to relax, that your just on drugs and this is what drugs do lol.

12. I know a few people who smoked for years and loved it and then just randomly started getting paranoid and major anxiety attacks from it. Your body does change . 

13. I just take a few deep breaths and keep telling myself you can never die from smoking over and over again in my head and it helps a little

14. look. what happened to me was i was starting to become a little anxiety freak about everything even when sober, and when i got high, even one hit i'd start to freak out. I'd still enjoy it but i'd freak out. I quit smoking for like 4 months. When I got back, I took it kinda slow the first time, cautious. I was sketching a little at first, but as time went by I just took deep breaths and fizzled out within 10 minutes. After that, I started smoking more and more, to the point where I smoke every day now getting baked every day and I have little anxiety. Usually I notice that I start panicing and I don't even know why I'm panicking I just am lol. Deep breaths man thats all you need to remember to do is take deep breaths and in your mind whenever you get a thought like "what if i'm having a heart attack" or "im having a heart attack omg" just think "what if i'm not?"

15. Haha yep this happens to a lot of people, but you're lucky cause once i got so high i thought i was dying. There is an easy way to get passed this, just know that marijuana has never caused any health problems and it never will :)Sent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. so does this happen to you when your doing something? like the last couple weeks i've been noticing that its only been happening if i'm bored, or doing things that i don't like to do. for example, i'm not much of a gamer and i get bored with video games fast, and after awhile this feeling just sneaks up on me, but when i'm playing music with my friends and having a good time this doesn't happen. 

17. i used to do that to but id think i had cancer lol it sucked occasionally il have a panic attack still but thats only when i have a lot on my mind

18. New development for anyone following these. I took a break from smoking for about 3 weeks, when I started smoking again, I was having really good highs not sketching out at all. Last night, I had a panic attack that I was having a heart attack. Once I ate some good food, and got into a movie, it completely went away and I had a great time