why Do Guys Keep Putting Me In The Girlfriendzone? / Friendzone Inverse

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Zeddy, May 23, 2013.

1. Sucks but you can't really blame a guy for how he feels about a girl.  Its a huge disappointment to find out a girl you pursue doesn't want a relationship with you. 

How is he gonna be your friend if everytime he sees you he still thinks about his feelings for you?

2. Just because I wanna fuck a chick doesn't mean I can't simply be friends with her. I'm not gonna say fuck her cause she won't fuck me. :confused_2: I've seen the refusal to befriend chicks many times, but never really understood it.

3. Same here bro. shits fucking hard especially if they flirt back sometimes

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #124 Zera, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2013
    I despise the idea that people can't be friends with someone they have the potential to be romantically interested in. 

People argue that whenever a straight man and straight woman spend time together or are friends, one will develop romantic/sexual feelings, and therefore cannot be friends. As a bisexual person, I can be attracted to males and females. By the above logic, I cannot have friendships with men because I might develop a crush on him, and I cannot have a relationship with a woman because I might develop a crush on her.

Pfffifle.

What's so destructive to friendship about a little attraction, anyway? How does that make it impossible to enjoy another's company for its own sake, or make a friendship miserable? What's a little sexual tension among friends?

I personally find that I like the prescence of attraction between myself and my friends. We don't have to act on it, and we won't if either party can't handle it, but how does the simple fact of it being there make friendship impossible for some people? Isn't that, I don't know, juvenile? We're not in high school anymore, romantic relationships are expected to be more complex, why not friendships?

For example, I have 3 very close best friends. One is the first girl I was sexual with, we worked better without the sexual element, went back to platonic friends, but the tension is till in evidence at times. Another is a guy who I had rather a crush on when we met, though the crush has subsided and is now just general attraction. This guy has a long distance girlfriend, they are monogamous, and though he knows I think he's attractive, I won't touch him as long as they're together. A third friend, another guy, best friend with benefits. I talk or text with him every day, and when we are in the same town, we have sex as much as possible; he is a romantic, and is trying to find a girlfriend who will love him in the romantic way he wants, and I do not fit that description. When he does find her, the sexual element of our relationship will end, but the rest will remain. (if they break up, we'll probably continue as we do now)

I fail to see what is wrong with this.

I realize that it is not "normal" or "usual" but I don't understand how it is "bad".

5. ^^ who said something was wrong? Seems fine to me. Seems like you and your best friend with benefits are mutually happy about the level of your bond/friendship. 

6. #126 Zera, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2013

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, or the other friendships I have where people are attracted to one another--acting on it or not. 

What I don't get, is why everyone else seems to think it's wrong. "Oh, being friends with a girl is pointless because I'd want to sleep with her" kind of nonsense. How does wanting to sleep with your friend make the entire friendship null and void?

Maybe it's a bisexual thing: I mean, straight people have about 1/2 the population that they have 0 chance of being sexually attracted to, and assume they must limit their friendships to that gender and have only sexual or dating relationships with the other. But being bi, nobody's ruled out based on gender, but instead based on things like stupidity, boringness, lack of common interest, assholish behavior etc, which are the same things that rule out people from being potential friends. I draw friends and potential mates from the same group (and more often than not, I draw potential mates from my group of existing friends)

anyway, I don't understand the seemingly pervasive idea that if you find someone attractive, you cannot really be friends with them.

7. Men seek as many partners he can because our cavemen ancestors did the same thing.  They had sex with as many women as they could.

Truth.

8. THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS.