why Do Guys Keep Putting Me In The Girlfriendzone? / Friendzone Inverse

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Zeddy, May 23, 2013.

nah, i've had a few unattractive female friends. its easier to be friends with girls i'm not attracted to.

one that i just stopped talking to, because she got clingy and started calling me multiple times a day. its like, i don't even talk to my best friend every day, what makes you think i want to talk to you as often? she broke up with the guy she was with, and asked when i was gonna leave my girlfriend so "we could be together". and when i told her it wasn't ever gonna happen, i was leading her on from the start (according to her). she sent me like 10 messages on facebook, running the entire spectrum of emotional response to the situation. i blocked her.

2. There's so much wrong with so many guys POV here. Friendship is friendship. Point blank. I didn't know that friendship was a precursor to a relationship because obviously, you get along so it only makes sense to be together.

No. Just no. Don't call girls dumb because they like your personality and they have a good time but they don't want to fuck you.

Sometimes guys are ugly but they're still cool as fuck and I like hanging out with them because they make me happy but I'd puke if I had to date them.

OR sometimes a guy is a cool person as a friend but I'd totally never date him because our morals don't match up or there are other huge things that don't affect a friendship but would affect a relationship.

I.e. If one of you wants to have kids in the future but the other doesnt ever want kids. That's something that could negatively affect a relationship but it doesn't make a person a good or bad lersonbso our friendship could still be in tact.

Do you ever like spending time with old people? Little kids? Can you see how you can carry on a friendship or a meaningful relationship with someone thats totally innocent regardless of if you want to date them or not.

I think the problem is that you guys don't date enough women so you're so focused on getting one girl that if you get her close to you at all, you immediately want to date her.

You probably don't have much experience with friendship in general and having a lot of friends and a lot of different types friendships.

They all don't have to be drinking mountain dew and playing video games. My guy friends and I go to dinner, go to movies, go to bars, ect. They pick up girls. I do my own thing but that's it. Both of our expectations have been met because we are mature enough to just let it be what it is.

No offense if I've jumped the gun and said that the guys who feel like friendship with the opposite sex leads to dating don't have much experience with women. I don't mean it in a negative way.

It's just the only thing that I could think of. It's almost like you only see women as sexual objects. Sure you want to treat her nicely but you don't see women as regular human beings who are worthy of a plethora of different types of relationships where none of them involve your dick.

Btw, when you are friends with a girl, do you ever tell her that you pretty much see her as a potential girlfriend or nothing? Or do you just hold it inside until you get feelings and expect heterosexual to feel the same way? And then when she doesnt, you scream friendzone?

I guarantee if you guys who felt that way were open to women from the start about your little belief,, lots of girls would probably stop talking to you from the beginning.

3. And I didn't mean to put heterosexual. I meant to put her to. Too lazy to edit

4. #64 docleary, May 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
    i think girls think about the qualifications someone needs to be worthy of a relationship far more than guys do.

guys are just more flexible. "she's attractive, we're close, lets fuck and have fun!" goes the thought process.

5. I can be friends with girls. I have a lot of friends that are girls. They tell me they wouldn't date me because (best answer anyone can get) I was too smart or nice for them. So a nice, smart guy wasn't enough? Plus I have a job and go to college, and know how to protect someone. (Occasionally trains MMA) Best way to explain it: most women just won't be satisfied. If no one is owed a romantic relationship, then no one is entitled to a just-friend relationship.

6. Meh, you were in the army or something were you not train? I think your POV is gonna vary from almost every woman on here, not saying thats a bad thing at all but i just don't think alot of people can talk where your coming from and appreciate the thought behind it.

What i mean to say is that you would actually address the issue at hand rather then "I have a vagina so your argument is invalid!" or vice versa and actually dedicate some thought process to said issue. FIND A WAY AROUND SAID ISSUE. Meh, i got better shit to do with my time myself then try and mend broken or awkward friendships. 

Like actually, i enjoy my time, i'm gonna dwell more on somebody trying to ram feminist bullshit down my throat then that, clearly, hahaha.

7. I think that was a compliment. So, thank you. I don't really get what you're saying though.

me neither wanna fuck or what

9. I think you're just way too nice.

Oh...

11. Well i guess thats it then

12. Thanks for being a friend.

But nah, I think the friendzone is bullshit so I guess you would probably call me a feminist of I went into detail about that. I just know that there is no use arguing about it because it's pretty much engrained in guys heads. If a guy turns me down, IIm not like, I'VE BEEN FRIENDZONED.

I think the real answer is probably: he thinks I'm ugly or fat.

Not his or my fault.

13. #73 UnsuspiciousUsername, May 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2013
    Just gonna slip this one right in here to 'enhance' the mode. :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijZRCIrTgQc

Also, one of my favorite threads in a while; currently reading through all the posts- halfway.

Let's face it, love and friendships can be complex.
    I've found my common ground. I don't have many friends. Friends are people I consider to have passed two very important requirements that can be difficult to attain- both trust and respect.
    I don't deal with emotions anymore, well, obviously I do, just not all that much. I've learned what's important is ensuring there are people that can consistently stay with you through your life. I've come close to most of my family, then I have a few friends, then a couple hundred "acquaintances," which includes everyone else. Just people I can chat with, hang with, work with, but knowing they can be gone in an instant. If you don't expect someone to be with your for a long time in your life (like family or marriage), then I don't see why you should get so butthurt about losing a simple "somebody." 

14. I would call you a feminist if you made accusations at men while saying women are something entirely different when they are both in the same situation, which your not agree or disagree i don't care just don't be "Men are whiny bitches and woman have virtues!!" or some retarded shit like that.

You can look for proof i wouldn't call you a feminist on page 1 anyways, im not that guy.

I agree though; i need to fucking sleep, its 7 am u fucks and i havent slept yet 

that touched my heart son

16. #76 Burnoutt, May 26, 2013
    I don't really agree with a lot of the posts here. It's all far too black and white. I'm a younger dude (19), and here's my perspective on it;

The friend-zone is NOT a thing. You have two options; 1) A friend 2) A romantic partner. If you're friends with a person, with the pure intent of being friends, and those feelings develop over time from option 1 (a friend) to option 2 (a romantic partner), that's on YOU, not them. It's YOUR fault for not communicating this sooner into the relationship between the two of you. It's YOUR fault for allowing them to think for the last few weeks, months, or even years that your relationship was strictly platonic.

And then you get mad / pissed off at them for not reciprocating? That's ignorant, stupid, and selfish. If you have feelings for someone, tell them immediately. Don't let them linger; the longer you do the worse off you are.

That being said; it obviously does happen. On both ends of the spectrum. I've been friend-zoned, and I've friend-zoned many as well. Their reaction is completely on them; if they feel that they can no longer be friends due to their feelings, be mature and respect that. It's a fair request. Could you imagine hanging out with someone you're in love with every day; feelings just growing stronger & stronger, while theirs don't? 

Sorry for rambling I'm stoned. Those are my feelings on the subject.

dude i thought so and I was used for my meat drill. Never saw the girl since. I cannot trust a female and it is ruining my chances of ever finding love

VERY wise words man, seriously. Thats deep and can help a lot of people if put to use. I wait to share my feelings.. then end up fucked

19. #79 Burnoutt, May 26, 2013
    Oh relax.

You can't seriously associate the indecent act of ONE girl with 3,385,657,600 others world-wide. That's absolutely ludicrous. 

Thanks man.  :wave:

I know it is, I truly do. I got hurt really really bad though. I am surrounded by a family of sociopath liars, and I have been betrayed by every person I have ever trusted.

I hope I change man, but at this point i consider it a damn disability. I know I have the trust issue, but I cant fix it. I just cant meet a girl that I feel wont fuck me over