Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

why do gravity bongs work

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by erchbob, Apr 3, 2010.

1. well, i just started using a gravity bong, and let me tell you, its fucking crazy. i can never get this big of hoots with my pipe. well im wondering what makes it so efficient. i use bareley enough for a toke on my pipe and BAM i got a full 1.5 liter bottle of smoke. it just baffles me, cuz if i smoke lets say 3 tokes on my grav bong. ill be ripped, if i smoke the same amount in my pipe ( i tested this i packed 3 grav bong bowls then just put that much in my pipe and i was bareley stoned. i dunno if this shit makes sence:smoking:

grand question, why does this shit get me so high

2. It's just more efficient and gets the most out of your bud.

3. Big hits+little smoke wasted=:smoking:
    I just made one the other week and have been using it everyday. About like .2 of green, a sprinkle of tobacco and it milkkkks so good. I can usually feel the effects a few seconds after.

4. I think he is asking why the gravity bong produces more smoke off of less weed.

5. They don't produce more smoke, they just fill the chamber with smoke VERY efficiently.

6. the simplest question to your thread title?
    Gravity is why gravity bongs work. lol

7. Damn,I was gonna say that haha.

8. The reason it appears to be a bigger hit in a gravity bong than in your pipe is because the smoke is in a gaseous state. Gasses can be compressed and expanded. There is the same amount of smoke being produced by both methods, but the gravity bong has a larger chamber for the smoke to expand into and thus makes it look like a bigger hit. It gets you higher because you're consuming all of the smoke in one shot where with your pipe you are most likely taking several smaller hits and losing some smoke in between.

9. What is the best way to minimize the lost smoke from a pipe?

10. Because you are taking large amounts of dense THC rich smoke into your lungs. :wave:

-ss

11. I don't know about store bought variety, but i used to make my gravity bongs with 2 or 3 liter bottles and a very small socket(like for a wrench) on top. There is a large vacuum created when the water displaces and air is forced to be pulled through a very small hole up top, the better you seal that hole the stronger the vacuum. You can tell if you get this nice strong vacuum if the water level in the chamber stays above the water level in the bucket or whatever you place your gb in while you are pulling the hit. The herb in the bowl is burned completly to dust and pulled into the chamber so you are more efficiently burning the weed in the bowl.

I used to use this method before i had a job, and i could not afford to buy more than an eighth every few weeks. Its very harsh and makes even smooth conniseuer bud almost make you hurl. Since i personally don't like to ravage my throat by inhaling very hot, harsh, dense smoke, followed by a coughing fit that matches someone with emphazema having the flu, and since i also prefer to enjoy the taste of my weed along with the high, i have retired this method.

It is very efficient as far as consuming weed, but you can get a similar level of efficiency by packing a water pipe with the same amount of bud you would fill a GB with and pulling on it till it snaps through. Burns just as efficiently and the smoke is a little cooler and tastes way better. You could also do this with a pipe, but the ash that gets snapped through will shoot straight to the back of your throat!

12. i 100% agree. my bucket choke gets me more ripped than anything, on less weed.

13. it doesn't fill with more smoke, just more air. It gets you more high because you push the smoke into to your lungs really fast rather than taking tokes on a pipe

14. There isn't really a perfect way to stop the loss of smoke in between hits unless you smoke the whole thing in one hit. You could try putting your lighter or fingers over the bowl in between hits to cut off the oxygen flow to the bowl and thus extinguishing it. This works pretty well, but your fingers smell like weed smoke for quite a while. lol. not always a bad thing, but in the wrong situation could be very bad. Personally I just like to load a one hit "snapper" bowl in my bong. Much smoother and better tasting than a gravity bong. Also very good high. I think a lot of the "I get really stoned off a gravity bong!" stuff is just because you cough so much harder off a gb than a regular bong and are getting a little light headed from lack of oxygen in addition to being stoned. Sorry, I'm rambling, I'm baked...:smoking:

15. agreed.. gbongs are mostly for noobs or people who love abusing the shit out of their lungs.. I used to gbong all the time and man it's pretty rough.. with bongs you can get smoother hits, and smoke much more cannabis all at once.. it's much nicer in my opinion

16. They do seem really efficient but I stopped using them a looonnng time ago..

They just seem hazardous to me, though I don't have any real reason for this.

17. Gravity Bongs are more efficient than pipes, and the amount that you smoke at one time depends entirely on the person smoking, not the chamber. I take it you've never heard of a yellow hit?

18. I wouldn't say gravity bongs are just for noobs. Sometimes you can't have a bong laying around your house (roommates, parents) maybe your at a party and there is no bong or pipe or papes anywhere.
    If I had my choice between a G Bong or really nice glass piece I am definitely going to choose the Glass but sometime you gotta make a G bong.

19. I can't make threads at this site for reason, so i'm just gonna ask it here.(if anyone knows why I can't make threads, please let me know. When I click "post thread" 99% of the time it just goes to a blank screen and never posts.

Anyways, are you supposed to take the whole bowl in one hit? Normally a bowl lasts a good amount of hits. How many times do you hit a gravity bong per bowl?

20. You are either putting too much weed in the bowl or your peice isn't creating enough suction.

Make sure you don't just cut the bottom off of your bottle, just put a few holes in for more suction.