Why do girls lie about there pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Loud202Pack, Oct 8, 2011.

1. I know a couple cases where girls lie about being pregnant.
    Just curious.

2. A) To salvage a relationship in the gutter

B) To get attention

3. #3 GaiaGuy, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2011
    A good friend of my mom has an adult son whose ex claimed to be pregnant. She faked doctors appointments, borrowed a friend's ultrasound, my mom even attended a baby shower thrown for her by their friends and family.

She was never pregnant. It wasn't even a case of 'phantom pregnancy'* -- the girl was just a flat out liar.

His mom, who suffers from crippling arthritis in her hands, even pushed herself through agonizing pain to knit a baby blanket for her first grandchild and gave it to her.

Would you believe the chick actually had the balls to keep it?

Now, why do some girls lie about being pregnant?

I’d say it is a control mechanism. There is no better way to bind a guy to you than to claim to be carrying his unborn child. (The girl I mentioned even had the guy picking out names, and kept telling him, “I think it’s a boy!” Total mindfuck.)

Of course, as with most people who lie to attempt to control a situation, the control is an illusion. Only an ill mind would see it as anything else. But there are some ill people in the world, male and female.

As CanadianLady420, attention might also be a factor for some. I don’t know the girl’s history, but I heard that everyone was very welcoming and loving towards her. Maybe she had a bad life and was desperate to keep the positive attention flowing. But again, such logic is the product of an ill mind and is never an excuse. Her lies devestated an entire family and really hurt an innocent guy.

Having said all this...

Admit it guys: if we could get pregnant we’d be pullin’ that card at every opportunity. “Can’t work today, might be pregnant, going to see the doc. Te-he…

If anything we should commend the ladies for their overwhelming self-restraint. ;)

* Phantom or false pregnancy (pseudocyesis) is a real medical condition in which a woman's body displays all the signs of actually being pregnant. In some cases the belly will even retain water and swell up. However, an ultrasound will show nothing inside. True cases are also exceedingly rare, and in humans it is most often psychologically based.

4. As a last ditch, embarrassingly desperate, effort to keep you in their life.

It's some low shit.

5. Mental illness. Greed. Insecurity.