Why do Blades Always Fight About Music?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by athensman, Jun 29, 2011.

1. It's not exactly apprentice tokers material, but the topic comes up alot, and since I really like music when high, I'll give it a stretch and say it fits.

Back to the point.

Music is one of a couple things in life that is purely PERSONAL preference. Some people like Wiz and Wayne, some people like dubstep. None is better than the other as a conclusive statement. I like Wayne, you like dubstep. I am just as right as you are. It's just my preference and your preference. Sure, maybe for you rap sucks. That's just you. I just don't understand why people in general always argue about music. It just seems really stupid to me.

Why can't we just live and let live and quit saying everyone else's music that they like sucks.

Just my rant.
    /rant.

2. For the same reason people argue over other issues.

3. Because Wiz Khalifa sucks.

lol jk :D

I know what you mean tho, everyone has their own taste of music and some people just love to argue :rolleyes:

4. I think people argue about it just to have something to argue about. Me personally I like to argue about music but I try to always say why I believe so. Like if one band is more musically talented than another I'll say so. But I listen to all types of music. I have my preferences but music is just an expression of ourselves. Avenged Sevenfold is da shit

5. Because for some reason people think "because I'm a stoner, I automatically must like and obsess to bob marley and reggae and wiz khalifa" while people like me just enjoy the same music I liked before, even more.

6. Cuz everybody is a total bad ass and can fight behind words on the internet.

7. I like Wiz Wayne and Dubstep! Hell yeah

8. I dont start an arguement on music, but if someone tells me the music i like sucks, i am going to argue it, even in factual info instead of opinion. For example, if someone who listens to pop tells me my music sucks, i argue about how much skill the music i listen to takes to make and how creative it is. Like, lets be real, most of the mainstream pop we hear on the radio today isnt creative at all. All you need is a good voice and some money for studio time. I think its bullshit how easily people get famous through pop but its so hard to e part of the rap game. We dont need anymore pop, thats all i hear today.

9. rap and dubstep suck because they arnt real music

10. But...What if their music choices really, really suck?

11. Kanye or nothing

12. I mean as some people have said, there are people with no musical talent who attempt music. And general, the majority of people agree they suck.... IE rebecca black, nickelback, and a few others I can't think of bc of my current mental state :smoking:.

13. Not enough open-minded people. I have learned to appreciate some music over the years that I NEVER would have listened to when I was younger.

14. Because everyone wants their opinions heard, and since music is personal, there is no right or wrong answer. Thus there is always an unending argument on it

15. No, it's a known fact Lil Wayne is garbage.

16. #16 liltunechi24, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Nickel back does NOT suck. Just listen to far away

17. I actually personally like two or three of their songs, I was really just trying to think of bands that the large majority of people hate. But I must admit... most songs sound exactly the same with different words to me, but, that's just me :)

18. Because rap takes no skill to make. They come out with like 5 albums a year

19. cuz music isn't subjective, bro.

20. It's obvious you're trolling but why wouldn't rap qualify as music?

It's rhythmic and has lyrics that blend with the sounds. The type of "beats" used can resemble classical, rock, jazz, and any other kind of music. People dance to rap music just like they dance to any other music.

So why isn't rap considered music again?