Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

why do anti marijuana people say this

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by drug100, Mar 31, 2012.

1. why do people say that marijuana is worst for the lungs than tobacco? i am asthmatic and when i smoke marijuana it never affects my lungs but when i smoke tobacco my lungs feel very tight and uncomfortable. i don't understand this theory

2. #2 nforcer4, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
    because they're not doctors, yea combusted materials inhaled is bad but not as bad as tobacco. It's lack of knowledge, common sense, 1st hand experience.

3. myths started to keep it illegal. enlighten the idiots who say that. weed opens your lungs up so more tar comes out than with tobbacco. also i smoked tobacco in a cig and pulled the filter out it was soaked with nasty crap. do the same with weed (put it in a filtered cig) and im saying its about 1/10th of the tobbacco tar on that filter. tobbacco is so much worse for your lungs.
    weed is bad for your lungs but it isnt going to affect very much at all. like you wont even be able to tell neither would a doc or anyone really.

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHW9a4QfSoA]Still Smoking? Watch This ( HQ Short Edition) - YouTube[/ame]

5. Because their following theories from long ago that haven't been scientifically tested.Today new result's came from actual scientific test's on marijuana proving it's harmless.But because weed is in the category of drug's,people still stick to those lies against it.

6. because they dont smoke it, they really dont care about the truth....all they care about is an agenda to either
    #1 eliminate marijuawna and other drugs becayuse they feel drugs r bad
    or
    #2 to slowly chip away at our liberites and increase goverment control over people

they are also stupid. you should try to educate them...some of them actauly listen

7. either way theres tar going into your lungs, i know weed opens your lungs up compared to tabbacco closing them so maybe all the tar comes right back out. i wouldnt be surprised.

8. Why waste a joint to just burn when you could smoke it. Weed's not cheap.

9. When they say that ask them where they went to med school

10. Its obvious.

They have been lied to.By there government.The ones put in power to protect not harm.What have they done?Lied to you about everything you think you know of ass truth.They've been lying a lot a lot a lot more than just about Marijuana.

Yet no that can't be the case.They ain't going to lie about that.Come on now.If they lie about a fucking harmless plant that could save a few peoples live they won't lie over anything else.Damn sure not aliens or anytinhg of the sorts.

Yeah get out of that thinking process.They lie about everything.People are waking up and becomming aware.They are lossing control and its amazing how us humans are taking power back.Slow but steadliy.

These bank ceos and top 500 companies all resigning.Somethings about to go down.Or atleast they do believe that to be the case.

If its Super Flares or a polar shift I don't know.It doesn't really matter as long as we take back our planet.Or share it whatever but the fact remains the same.The government isn't a good entity and they've lied to you all your life.

11. The better question is why did we evolve cannabanoid receptors?

12. Who ever said it had to be an evolutionary process that created them?

13. if anyones ever used a sploof, tar and shit from the weed smoke sticks to the drier sheets and you can see it right there, so yes tar and shit get into your lungs, but it doesnt have the fuckin hundreds of chemicals that are in cigs. rat poison is in cigarette smoke, as well as a ton of other harmful chemicals, that is why cigs cause cancer and are worse for you. these people say that weeds worse because they wont open up their minds to the idea that smoking weed is actually ok, and believe the above the influence bull shit facts and all those other anti drug websites that give out facts but have no sources or anything that support them

14. #15 Storm Crow, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
    Because they have old Harry Anslinger's ghost whispering in their ear!

You can exorcise old Harry by handing those anti-cannabis folks these!

Marijuana Less Harmful to Lungs than Cigarettes (news - 1994) Marijuana Less Harmful to Lungs than Cigarettes

Comparing cannabis with tobacco—again Link between cannabis and mortality is still not established (full - 2003) Comparing cannabis with tobacco

Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic (full - 2005)
    [FONT=&quot]Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic[/FONT]

Smoking Marijuana Does Not Cause Lung Cancer (news - 2005)
    US: Web: Study: Smoking Marijuana Does Not Cause Lung Cancer

Cancer Risk from Tobacco Greater than Marijuana Smoking, Researcher Says
    (news - 2005)
    Cancer Risk from Tobacco Greater than Marijuana Smoking, Researcher Says | The Partnership at Drugfree.org

Cannabis Smoke Is Less Likely To Cause Cancer Than Tobacco Smoke
    (news - 2005) Cannabis Smoke Is Less Likely To Cause Cancer Than Tobacco Smoke

Are Cigarettes More of a Drag on Teens than Marijuana? (news - 2007)
    Are Cigarettes More of a Drag on Teens than Marijuana?: Scientific American

Hypothesizing that marijuana smokers are at a significantly lower risk of carcinogenicity relative to tobacco-non-marijuana smokers: evidenced based on statistical reevaluation of current literature. (full - 2008)
    Hypothesizing that marijuana smokers are at a significantly lower risk of carcinogenicity relative to tobacco-non-marijuana smokers: evidenced based on statistical reevaluation of current literature. - Free Online Library

Report: Marijuana Less Harmful than Alcohol or Tobacco (news - 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]Report: Marijuana Less Harmful than Alcohol or Tobacco | The Partnership at Drugfree.org

[/FONT] Cannabis Smoke and Cancer: Assessing the Risk (news - 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws[/FONT]

Effects of cannabis on lung function: a population-based cohort study. (full - 2010)
    [FONT=&quot]Effects of cannabis on lung function: a population-based cohort study[/FONT]

Why doesn’t marijuana cause cancer? (news – 2011)
    [FONT=&quot]Why doesn[/FONT]

Marijuana Smoke Not as Damaging as Tobacco, Says Study (news - 2012)
    Marijuana Smoke Not as Damaging as Tobacco, Says Study - Yahoo! News

And if they bring up lung cancer-

Anticancer activity of cannabinoids (full - 1975) Anticancer activity of cannabinoids (Journal of the National Cancer Institute, Vol. 55, No. 3, September 1975, pp.597-602) - Drug News Bot

Antineoplastic activity of cannabinoids (full - 1975) http://www.ukcia.org/research/AntineoplasticActivityOfCannabinoids/default.html

In vivo effects of cannabinoids on macromolecular biosynthesis in Lewis lung carcinomas. (abst - 1977) In vivo effects of cannabinoids on ma... [Cancer Biochem Biophys. 1977] - PubMed - NCBI

Marijuana Unlikely to Cause Head, Neck, or Lung Cancer (news - 2000)
    Marijuana Unlikely to Cause Cancer

Marijuana Smoking Found Non-Carcinogenic (news - 2006)
    Medical News:ATS: Marijuana Smoking Found Non-Carcinogenic - in Oncology/Hematology, Lung Cancer from MedPage Today

Pot Smoking Not Linked to Lung Cancer (news - 2006)
    Entheology.org - Preserving Ancient Knowledge

Large Study Finds No Link between Marijuana and Lung Cancer (news - 2006)
    Large Study Finds No Link between Marijuana and Lung Cancer: Scientific American

There Seems to Be No Link between Marijuana Use and Lung Cancer (news – 2006)
    There Seems to Be No Link between Marijuana Use and Lung Cancer - Softpedia

{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.
    (abst - 2007)
    http://www.aacrmeetingabstracts.org...searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=1760&resourcetype=HWCIT

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news – 2007)
    Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows

Pot's Active Ingredient Halts Lung Cancer Growth, Study Says (news - 2007)
    Illinois NORML - Pot's Active Ingredient Halts Lung Cancer Growth, Study Says

Marijuana Ingredients Slow Invasion by Cervical and Lung Cancer Cells
    (news - 2007) Pot Slows Cancer in Test Tube

Marijuana Helps to Combat Lung Cancer (news – 2007)
    Marijuana Helps to Combat Lung Cancer ( An ingredient found in marijuana may he...)

Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors (news - 2007)
    Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors

Cannabis as a possible treatment for lung cancer (news - 2007)
    Cannabis as a possible treatment for lung cancer

Marijuana Beneficial in Fighting Lung Tumors, Study (news – 2007)
    Marijuana Beneficial in Fighting Lung Tumors, Study ( New research has shown the benefits of ...)

Cannabidiol inhibits cancer cell invasion via upregulation of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases-1. (abst - 2010) Cannabidiol inhibits cancer cell invasion ... [Biochem Pharmacol. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

Medical Marijuana; The active ingredient in marijuana cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread, say researchers at Harvard University. (news – 2010)
    Free News, Magazines, Newspapers, Journals, Reference Articles and Classic Books - Free Online Library

Cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2, as novel targets for inhibition of non-small cell lung cancer growth and metastasis (full - 2011) Cannabinoid Receptors, CB1 and CB2, as Novel Targets for Inhibition of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Growth and Metastasis

Cannabidiol inhibits lung cancer cell invasion and metastasis via intercellular adhesion molecule-1. (abst – 2011) Cannabidiol inhibits lung cancer cell invasion and m... [FASEB J. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

If you think you need more, just click that first link in my sig! I have most of the old myths covered!

For a giggle, set your anti-cannabis friends down in front of the computer, and click that link! Bet them $10 they can't read all the titles in one sitting! (420 pages!). ;)

You may lose the $10, but they will never look at cannabis the same ever again! :smoke: To hedge your bet, (improve the odds) send me an email, and I'll send you my big 2012 List- 670 pages! :eek: No way they'll get through it! lol My email is at the bottom of my sig)

Granny :wave:

15. Get emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

16. uneducated people

17. Uneducated people can be educated!

Granny