Why do a lot of people dislike Lil Wayne?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Jayohe12, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Yo lil bro, there's nothing to respect in this comically retarded screen capture 
    This is the epitome of shit rap. Juvenile sentences that are ten billion miles far from good lyricism. 

If you really like hip hop, spend some more time looking around. 

2. I love hiphop to the point where I don't discriminate. From 2pac to Royce da 59 to nas to immortal technique. Everyone has different rap styles and for you guys to say someone is whack ain't right just plain old hating.

3. but we gave you reasons.

4. I mean its cuz he's really bored after topping the charts so many times what else is their to do but form a new lifestyle ie skater..

5. Because he sold out and poses as a skateboarder... plus his label YMCMB breeds shitty rappers

6. Random irrelevant question ..
    You like Jay z

7. #48 llllllllll, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
    Lil Wayne @ his best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBVCPKA0wZA
    if you cant atleast admit this is good music you are a sightless hater

This is coming from someone who detest anything wayne does recently aka since like 2005

34 minute freestyle straight from his notebook

8. I mean its cuz he's really bored after topping the charts so many times what else is their to do but form a new lifestyle ie skater..

9. #50 Huey_Freeman, Jul 27, 2013
    I like Jay Z. I like some old wayne too. His new shit is only good to party to, and only a handful of them. I'm on one I liked that.  But his new songs have no real value other than at partys.

one of the last wayne songs i actually liked
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fjV7krmYobI

10. K toward your ymcmb breeding no talent. Jay gave props to Drake. JAYZ. Also busta rhymes is on ymcmb and mystikal and I believe dmx is too

dmx is not on ymcmb.

And breeding does not = signing washed up artists.

Example of YMCMB shit artist breeding; Tyga, Mack Maine, gutta, etc, etc, etc.

12. Tyga is good for riding and banging chicks to.
    idk why you people hate riding music for.

13. What do you listen to in the car.?country?

14. #55 LQ142, Jul 27, 2013

Good hip hop with thought provoking lyrics and non computer generated beats 

Something that Lil Gayne lacks....

15. #56 llllllllll, Jul 27, 2013

I listen to the same music all over unless I have no control over what im listening to

Currensy, nas, los, freddie gibbs, etc etc i could go on for a while listing artists but thats besides the point

This what i been bumpin in the whip lately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=histRy-jy64

aka not lame tunes made for chicks.  If a chick dont like my music she can find the door. Plain and simple.

16. All hip-hop has comp generated beats btw..

17. So what does currensy have that Wayne doesn't?

18. #59 llllllllll, Jul 27, 2013

consistency throughout the however many years hes been making music. Good vibes, talks about things other than how many bitches hes fucked and bitches pussy flaps. Not to mention he doesnt need to use "like" in every other bar to make a rhyme.

Wayne as of recent is nothing more than what i detailed above. If you like that then thats good for you but that stuff to me is childish, watered down trash.

As i said before wayne was good, but that was 7-8 years ago.

19. To me they rap about the same concepts they both talk about bitches cars clothes weed just like the other 90% of rappers. Even nas talks about bitches weed cars money etc. Wayne has ok wordplay. So what he uses like wordplay is wordplay. But I can't change people's opinions. People just don't know hiphop