Why do a lot of people dislike Lil Wayne?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Jayohe12, Jul 21, 2013.

1. ahh how i cant stand you right now. im telling you WHY he'd be considered a GOAT if he dies but you dont wanna hear it.

2. who would consider him the greatest of all time?  

a bunch or chicks and pop listeners?  hardly worth acknowledging

3. and people who didn't listen to hip hop growing up in the 90s

4. and you're crazy, slugs the shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM13JMhDIbM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4TxDj8pqhs

and i'm not a huge sage francis or aesop rock fan but i believe they are both better lyricists than wayne

5. #185 Deleted member 42976, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    let me specify even more with my statement about people growing up on hip hop in the 90s

im almost 26 years old. I grew up on Wu Tang, Tribe Called Quest, Rakim, EPMD, Naughty By Nature, Black Moon, The Pharcyde, KRS1 and so on. I was a white kid listening to hip hop in elementary and middle school.

the only people who give lil wayne credit are the people who talked shit about me being white and listening to hip hop as a kid (or probably would of if they knew me) and people who are younger than me and grew up on the watered down hip hop.

6. im the type of dude that says "Big Pun and Big L" before people even finish asking "who was better 2pac or biggie?"

7. x2

Shame what happened to that dude. His whole career got fucked with bad situations. His first two or three albums went unreleased because the labels went broke (while he was out of town), then he was in and out of mental asylums, and then ended up doing backup vocals.

From Pandora Artist Bio:
    "A soul singer who drew comparisons to such classic vocalists as Bill Withers and Bobby Womack, Anthony Hamilton struggled for the better part of the 1990s as two of his albums went unreleased. While he didn't always get the label support his talent deserved, Hamilton established himself during the 2000s as one of the rawest, most singular, and relatable voices in R&B. He did so while racking up several Top Ten R&B albums and a handful of Grammy nominations.

The Charlotte, North Carolina native got his start at age ten in his church's choir. As a teenager, he transitioned into performing solo at various nightclubs and talent shows. In 1993, while in his early twenties, he moved to New York City, where he signed with André Harrell's Uptown Records, a major source of the new jack swing sound and home to artists such as Jodeci and Mary J. Blige. By 1995, Uptown was set to push Hamilton's debut album, but the company went out of business, leaving the album unreleased.

Hamilton moved to MCA and was finally able to release that debut album, XTC, in 1996. Only one song, "Nobody Else," was released as a single; the song peaked at number 63 on Billboard's R&B chart, and the disc quickly disappeared from view. Another transitional period followed. Hamilton joined Soulife, an upstart venture run by some of his old Charlotte friends. While there, he laid down tracks for another solo album and wrote songs for Donell Jones and Sunshine Anderson. In 2000, he accepted an invitation to sing backup vocals on D'Angelo's Voodoo tour and traveled the world. Upon returning home, Hamilton discovered that Soulife had also gone belly up.

With a second album unreleased, Hamilton spent the next two years selling songs and singing backup for artists including 2Pac and Eve. Then, in 2002 a lead spot singing on the Nappy Roots track "Po' Folks" garnered Hamilton some much-needed attention, as the song was nominated for the Best Rap/Sung Collaboration at the 2003 Grammy Awards. A subsequent gig performing at a Grammy luncheon led to a meeting with producer Jermaine Dupri, who signed the singer to his So So Def label. Technically his fourth album, Comin' from Where I'm From bowed for So So Def in 2003 and featured "Charlene," a classic-sounding Southern soul ballad that reached number three on the R&B chart. In 2005, some of his Soulife recordings were dusted off and polished up for release as Soulife, and the new album Ain't Nobody Worryin' followed later in the year. It was Hamilton's third consecutive Top Ten R&B album. Southern Comfort, released in 2007, was another set of previously unreleased recordings.

The Point of It All, a proper studio release, was issued near the close of 2008. It was overshadowed by Hamilton's contribution to Al Green's "You've Got the Love I Need," which won a 2009 Grammy for Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance -- that is, until the following Grammy ceremony, when the set received a nomination for Best Traditional R&B Album, with two of its songs also nominated in separate categories. Back to Love followed in 2011."

Jay I can't believe you say Charles Hamilton is whack and wayne is good. To each their own.

8. ^look at his profile....he's 19 which explains A LOT

9. he's a Hood rat fake mother fucking talentless douchebag

Sent from my VM670 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Lololololol at OP still trying to defend this shitty "artist".

11. of course he's going to defend him, he grew up on wayne's shit music and without him he wouldn't have all his "swag"

12. #192 llllllllll, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
    Charles hamilton is pretty wack doe. I mean hes iight but hes just like a less powdered up danny brown.

13. #193 Huey_Freeman, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
    Idek how u make that comparison. Charles Hamilton is soulful , danny brown is a cokehead with an idgaf attitude, but his flow is crazy. They are both dope in their own ways. The pink lava lamp was classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jadi6bi5OXU

14. When I was 19 I listened to death metal. I am now 21, I still listen to death metal. When I was 13 I listened to death metal.
    Age is only a factor in some people haha.

15.   I really hope OP doesn't truly think that lil wayne is actually producing art haha.

16. Because Lil Wayne sucks.  People who have grown with hip-hop knows that he is not hip-hop but a disgrace to musicians and artists everywhere.

17. People like this are worse than lil wayne fanboys.

18. Which is obviously just your dimwitted opinion, not backed by any facts at all.  Well done kid.

19. Normally i wouldn't entertain such a pointless conversation with someone of your caliber who clearly has read only the first post of the thread, them barged his incredibly ignorant opinion into the thread, but sure, ill bite...

Tell me what is not hip hop about this, 34 minute freestyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBVCPKA0wZA

20. lol I love you try to sound so educated after he called your opinion dimwitted.