Why didn't Frodo just fly a giant eagle to Mt. Doom and drop the ring?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Based Gaben, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Yeah I'm sure with Saurons eye still lookin around that would have worked

2. Because that would make for a 30 second movie?

3. You got the two best answers right here

4. How do you know the giant eagles could even fly that far?

5. Well they get rescued at the end by the eagles so....

6. nazguls woulda torn them eagle bitches up

7. [quote name='"Chilltet"']nazguls woulda torn them eagle bitches up[/quote]

Super this.

The reason they could puck them up was because there was no more threat of being attacked.

Plus the eagles really didn't give a shit about the human war, they really just helped gandalf out cause hes there g

8. one does not simply just fly a giant eagle to Mt. Doom and drop the ring

9. lol cracked me up for some reason

10. because, despite what a bunch of pricks say about it being all about the ending, it isnt.

stories are about the journey to the ending, not the ending itself.

not to mention all of the actual shit going on in the story itself.

11. #12 Dannyscott, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    Hah just got done reading RotK again. I'd be more interested in finding a real reason Frodo left for the undying lands with elves he barely knew rather then stay in the world he saved and live as a champion among peers. Or even why no one considered consulting the armies of the eastern and western dwarves... the Eriadorians.. the Kingdom of Dale.. or even Rhun into joining the war of the ring... Lack of communication is the real problem in the Third Age..

Also remember when Aragorn sallied out the remaining Gondor/Rohan forces to the Black Gate? He had to distract the eye and the armies of Mordor for Frodo to cross to the mountain. With the armies of mordor still present and the eye fully aware would of seen the eagles coming and dispatched them with tons of Nazguls.

12. I think you mean Aragorn, because boromir died in the first movie :smoke:

13. because it was a novel then a film and that wouldn't of made a good story line. Surprisingly it's not real life and there are flaws.

14. I derped, I like Boromir's character better and wish he was king instead of Aragorn because I liked how tolkien made him rather than Jackson.

15. [quote name='"dannymueller"']

I derped, I like Boromir's character better and wish he was king instead of Aragorn because I liked how tolkien made him rather than Jackson.[/quote]

What?

Dude aragorn was a total bad ass. Boromir was greedy and power hungry, you can't have that in a king

16. #17 Dannyscott, Aug 13, 2012
    Only reason he appeared that way was the ring trying to find its way back to its master playing with his mind, same way when Frodo hesitated and was consumed by the majicks of the ring right before he was about to toss it.

He was not truly greedy and power hungry because of his endearment of trying to help his brother seem more worthy in the eyes of his father and the self-less martyrous love of his people and will to do what it takes to save his people and country no matter the cost.

Aragorn was bitchmade and hid most of his life and was overtly cynical and repudiative of his own people, culture, and bloodline. Despite how he came to be in the ending... You can't have that in a king...

17. Frodo had to leave b/c his Morgul wound was still festering. It was an eviil, spell-bound blade that wounded him, and nothing in middle earth could truly heal him.

Read the appendix to RoTK, it explains how Erebor, Dale and the remaining free peoples were fighting Sauron's northern army while Aragorn led Gondor and Rohan. Remember the black messenger Gloiin spoke of during the Council of Elrond?

exhibit 347b why Tolkien's world > reality :laughing:

18. [quote name='"dannymueller"']

Only reason he appeared that way was the ring trying to find its way back to its master playing with his mind, same way when Frodo hesitated and was consumed by the majicks of the ring right before he was about to toss it.

He was not truly greedy and power hungry because of his endearment of trying to help his brother seem more worthy in the eyes of his father and the self-less martyrous love of his people and will to do what it takes to save his people and country no matter the cost.

Aragorn was bitchmade and hid most of his life and was overtly cynical and repudiative of his own people, culture, and bloodline. Despite how he came to be in the ending.[/quote]

Wow you look way deeper into shit then I do haha

Very fair argument.

Now I have a question to anybody that read the books. Do you agree with me that the movies sucked ass, changed some parts and completely left out others?

19. #20 Dannyscott, Aug 13, 2012
    Hm.. never figured that and will do. Guess I'll have to reread the first book again.

If one truly wanted accomplish what Tolkien was trying to tell, one would need a writing staff able to work inhuman hours and establish a running series with about as many episodes as the simpsons...

Which is also why I am kinda not looking forward to how Jackson may butcher the Hobbit, dear god pre-production had already fallen through the roof along with budget holes every quarter. I have this itch they may turn Smaug into a mountain troll instead of a dragon... *shivver*