Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why did you started to smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by moe242, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Pls dont say peer pressure!
    Well I'm from the Bahamas and i started smoking the good greens or mary jane to me because i got sick with and ever since ive started it has allowed me to transfer my pain to remission. Thats my reason and yes its has changed my life and is the greatest thing to happen to me ever since that first toke! Whats your reason?

2. I read about it and was curious to see what it was like.
    I tried it, enjoyed it, and made a lifestyle out of it.

Also, I have a medical condition that Cannabis helps me get through.

3. I realized that society exaggerates the harmful aspects of marijuana....I researched it, not from random people off GC (sorry, still love the community :)), but from doctors opinions.
    I realized that although illegal, it shouldn't have been and I just feel the government thinks that if they legalize it, they will be giving into the public's demand which would show a weak side of the U.S. and would make the public think that they control the government.

4. was with my friend who had a mutual friends pot he was holding on for him (something about parents probly i don't remember). i remember asking to try it and saying i'd pay our friend back for it. so he texted him got a price i said ALRIGHT!! and i proceeded to smoke 5 bowls to the face.

goddamn i was so high

oh yeah i wasn't being a dick my friend didn't smoke yet or didn't want to or something

5. I was at my friends house and another one of my friends came over with like a dub and said lets try this. Lol.

I knew it wasn't a bad drug like unmentionables but I was still not that comfortable doing it. Needless to say, I'm glad I took that first hit :)

6. My friends and I researched it, because we kept hearing about it in school. When we found out most people who tried it loved it, and there were few negatives, we tried it out.
    All four of us fell in love with it

7. I was bored when my bro revealed to me the governmental lies of good o'l MJ.

8. Perhaps instead of your next 8th, you should get hookt on fonix.

9. My friend brought some for a week long trip to Myrtle Beach but whenever I asked if he wanted to smoke it he said he was afraid we'd get caught. A month later another friend said he's going to a party that night and asked if I wanted to go. Right before we headed out he said "If you come you might have to hit a bong". I didn't get high that night but I did get high (as hell) a week later with the same bong.

10. I started to clear my mind, I was a very introverted teenager at the time and had trouble relaxing and was always thinking too much, and avoiding contact with people. It opened my mind, allowed me to concentrate on the meaning of life and existence, rather than dwelling on the meticulous details. It allowed me to open my social life where I found love, and some of the best people I know. My usage of marijuana matured me, and definitely played a huge role in who I became and I don't or ever will regret introducing it into my life.

11. I researched the herb and realized it wasnt bad but i was still hesitant about trying it
    then one day i was with some friends and my friend that seems like the least one to do it said he was going to do it, so i said fuck it and did it

12. I was pretty much in the same situation like what Thorksosam ^^ said.

13. I honestly started habitually smoking after I broke my back to alleviate pain.

14. I started smoking socially, never had the need for it. When the need presented itself, I used it to suppress the inner beast.

15. i wanted to try it

16. I smoked when i was in middle school but quit because my close friends turned into real losers and it turned me off to it.
    Then a couple of years ago(im 29) I got tickets to tool for a friend and she asked me if i wanted some weed so i thought what the hell.
    I really missed out smoking when i was in college.
    But its really helped with my writing.

17. I was suffering from depression and I still kinda do. I have no insurance so I provide my own medication:bongin:

Aside from that though it makes everything more fun and interesting, I enjoy music alot more as well.

18. well it started when i was going to go to florida with my parentts during my febuary brake in 9th grade. But my grandpa died a few days before and my parents didnt think it was appropriate to go on vacation. Then my cousins who were both 18, and 20 at the time were going down to florida with their family, and were staying at my uncle's nice house in a gated community, so their parents said we could come along. the first day we got their we walked to the beach down this jungle trail, and my younger cousin ripped out a joint, i thought it was cool that they were both smoking a joint on the beach, so about halfway through i asked for some hits. I didnt get high the first time but for the 6 days after, the entire vacation consisted of me my bro and my 2 cousins walking around through jungle trails smoking joints, we went fishing everyday and smoked joints, and chilled out by the pool and smoked joints. It was definitely one of the best weeks of my life, and smoking with some relatives is a cool experience.

19. I had depression and anxiety disorders. I was a really shy, introverted kid. Prior to my freshman year in HS, I tried once and never again but after my hospitalization and diagnosis I decided to start smoking after a lot of research. I found that there really wasn't a significant harm and began smoking. It really helped me relax, concentrate and relate to people. I saw things as an analysis rather than jumping to conclusions and picking out details. I learned to observe things as a big picture then every detail in a manner that connected with the big picture.

20. Honestly, lol I grew up with it.. it was normal.. my mom,stepdad,brother,aunts and uncles.. I mean they attempted to keep it a secret from us.. but lets face it .. we knew what it was. Annnd.. of course my older brother was the first person I smoked with.. who was already puffin with the parents.. as I've heard them all say... " its a lifestyle, and a good one at that"

Smoke on my friends, smoke on!