Why Did You Start Smoking?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ThatHighGuyInOntario, Aug 3, 2014.

1. #1 ThatHighGuyInOntario, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
    Did you just wake up one day and decide to smoke? Did something big happen in your life? What is your story?

Also what happened the first time were you at a party? Were you By yourself?

2. Started back in highschool, it was a way to cope with life, go to school 7 hours, then work for 5 after school, it takes a toll on you so marijuana gave me the strength to get through the day-to-day grind of everyday life.  First time was in grade 7, party smoked a few grams of kief out of a wooden bowl, didn't think I was high but looking back I think I was for sure. 

Main thing it helps me with is going to bed at the end of the day and relaxing my muscles/body.  I am going to toke for the rest of my life, if I feel like it.

3. When I was a sophomore in high school I started dating this girl who was into smoking and drinking. I think I would have started smoking one way or another, the only time I can deal with my family's bullshit is when I'm high.

"Everything's better when you're high, if you don't smoke I don't know why"

4. To look like a man lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. It was just offered to me and i fell in love. We have been together for 5 years now haha

AN UNDERCOVER ALIEN

6. Probably started as a way to fit in in highschool. And its exciting as hell to alter your state of consciousness when you are young and don't know shit.

Now it has changed my life and made me a better more compassionate person.

7. Because my buddy told me it was the bees knees, and it gave us something to do and a way to rebel.

It wasn't until I was out of my teens that I realized what a profound effect it had on my character.

8. I like experimenting. Curiosity mostly.

Love enables!

9. Not one hundred percent sure. Was looking for a place to stay, had money to pay rent. A guy offered me a room for $300/mo, all utilities included. When we were done fishing and talking, I told him about a cool recipe for shrimp tacos that're really good. He said we should make it, so we went to the place I was gonna be staying and made shrimp tacos. About that time he pulled out a blunt and offered me a toke. I said I'd never smoked before, but it was sort of like a natural thing. 

So not really much of a why. There was no real reason. Just felt like accepting it and seeing what it's like. Figured I'd had alcohol before, why not give it a shot?

10. My sister did it so I got curious and my friend agreed to smoke it with me or tobacco. He never did it and pussied out so I ended up doing it with this older kid. Didn't get high til my 5th time

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Just started, at the time it was the least common denominator of drugs I could use...Ended up trying them all eventually anyway though, fuck all that did, huh? 

Anyway, so we skipped off from school and headed over to Jesus' humble modern abode back in the hood...We all pile out of Tubbz' Ford fuck-all thing, and I light up my Camel Wide and chill back for a bit while they all fly into the house.  Finished my stoge and headed down to the basement with the rest of them all circled around a table with a bomb ass four-hit bong sitting on it, so I went and sat down next to Arab and Jesus and smoked until...Some fuckin' time later anyway and Jesus' hot ass sister comes down, meanwhile Arab heads out to grab a stoge and I'm still puffin' away on all the weed, all the weed...So much weed. 

His hot ass sister sits down next to me and by this time I probably look absolutely obliterated out of my mind and she asks "Are you alright?" with this nice ass smile, and I'm all, "Shit, son...I'm fine" like a boss and shit.  Some hazy shit, black, car ride, fumbled keys...Lost keys later and I wake up in the morning all foggy and shit with my mum yellin' at me that I chowed down the Cheetos.

No way, man...I fuckin' hate those...My God, that is a big ass empty bag of Cheetos...Fuck!!  Shit!!  Orange cocksuckers! :cool:

12. Curiosity of a 12 year old. Way too early should have waited until highschool.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I think my first experience I was with some friends and I wanted to try it, I used to smoke tobacco and I decided to stop and move onto bud

Now I work 9-5 it's pretty stressful and I like to chill out on the weekends

14. my first time I was w/ my siblings. I'm the youngest of 9. I was 11 yrs old & my mom had died from cancer. one of my brother asked me if I wanted to smoke after the funeral & I did. but after that, it took me till I was 14 to smoke more than like once every 4 months.. when I turned 16 it became an extremely normal thing but still not everyday. & now I'm 18, it's an everyday thing now.

low&red

15. One of my good friends smoked weed and I knew he did. I knew about the plant was just always curious of why people smoked weed. Then my other friends I worked with asked me one day if I ever smoked weed. I told them nah but kinda curious. My mom and I were going on vacation so I took my work friend and good friend with me. I asked my good friend to bring some bud too so I can try it. He said I'll look around and try. So I started out of curiosity.
    The first time I smoked we walked across the street from the hotel room and smoked it was like 12am too. Then we decided to walk around the town at night and my friend was high as shit and said "there's two types of stoners bunnies and turtles, bunnies are very energetic and turtles feel like they're levitating and are quiet and chill mostly" hahaha it was fun though then the second time I smoked was the next day when we went to great escape.

16. Wanted to try it. Looked fun and I wanted to see something different. I was 12 but have no regrets :).

"I'm to drunk, to taste this chicken" -Talladega nights

17. Was curious about it since I was in 5th grade.. Tried it when I was 15 because my two best friends at the time had been smoking for like 2 weeks or so and I never pictured my one friend doing it so when he told me I stopped dead in the hallway (at school) and demanded him to find some bud cause if he actually does it then it can't be all that bad (not that I did at the time, just reassurance) and I smoked everyday for a month after that day and didnt get high until the 6th time or so, couldn't inhale properly lol.

18. Small town, nothing to do, and bored.

19. #20 csfxm, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
    I didnt start until around 16. My grandfather had just had a stroke and was in a coma and I was hell upset about it. I knew a close friend of mine smoked it so I gave him a call and headed on down there. I felt really sick my first time smoking it for some reason.

I started smoking every day around 17 after I got kicked out of my parents house.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Grasscity Forum mobile app