Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why did you decide to smoke?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Hyp, Sep 25, 2009.

1. I was at a party, this guy's house was trashed & the police had cleared everyone away but me, the owner of the house & some stoner guy who I don't know. He said "I know what'll make us happier!", rolled a joint & we all got high. It was a fun night lol & we ended up breaking into the back of a van for somewhere to sleep & hotboxed it in the morning. But things have changed since then, for the better :hello:

2. i was 12 and still in hawaii. it was just apart of island culture. we didnt have big gangs selling it, we had local rastas, surfers and musicians growing it and selling it.

i kept doing it because i like the feeling of it. it keeps me relaxed and its one of those simple pleasures in life that i think we are all allowed to indulge in.

3. I grew up with my parents smoking, and through most of high school I smoked with my mom. My dad got into harder drugs and went completely sober and was against me doing it all these years.

Well, when the first time I ever smoked was with a good friend of mine who I met through my sister. It was my freshman here, he was a senior. I told him at the beginning of the year that eventually I would try it. He kept pushing me and pushing me until I finally told him I would try it. So I went and smoked a bowl with him. I didn't get very high that first time.

Though the first time I got high I was with another friend that I grew up.. We took like an 1/8th of weed from his dad's stash. We went up into the wood like a mile from his house and smoked what seemed like thousands of one hitter packs and bowl packs from his homemade wood bowl. We smoked it all and got soo high we couldn't stop laughing. He got so paranoid on the walk back.

4. In 6th grade because I never got along with my mom since my parents got divorced 2 years earlier and times were tough and shitty...My friend offered it to me cuz his brother was a stoner and I said fuck the authoritys and got high....smoking ever since and im happy i did it...prolly not the best reason to smoke but I got a different mentality about it now so happy blazing my fellow smokers:smoke:

5. I was in like 7th grade and it was the summer. I was down at Wildwood with some friends of my mom. It was this woman who had two sons who were a few years older than me.
    The two sons and I were out on the deck late one night drinking and they broke out a pipe.
    And such is the tale my friends!:smoke:

6. To deal with social anxiety. It eased it enough for me to actually go to school, instead of paniking for no reason and staying in bed.

And it's gone now. Go figure.

7. I'd been interested in psychedelics for a while, and was interested in shrooms, so I spent 2-3 months researching them online, planning to try them. Then I ended up stumbling on a few posts about weed on shroomery, ended up spending another month or two researching weed, and eventually tried it. :)

8. my brother started toking, and he said dude just try it, and if ya dont like it, you dont ever gotta toke again, i did, and now im like the biggest stoner in my school lol

9. I just wanted to try it, everybody else was.
    Now I live by it, nobody else does.

10. Just said fuck it one day!
    I was actually one of the biggest anti pot people around. Not that I didnt like people who did it etc... but I wasnt going to do it. Was just taught otherwise didnt ever wanna get caught whatever..... I married like the biggest chick pot-head in our whole clique at school had been her friend all through Middle school and High school. I went into the military, was doing that got married to her, my brother was a pot head. I was about to get out of the military they were there, the pushed and pushed till I did it and from then on I havnt stopped. Who'd of guessed.

11. Well, I really decided I would try it after I had gotten drunk for the first time. I enjoyed being in an altered state, so eventualy I smoked with my friend one day. One of the best days of my life. I'll never regret that decision, it changed me forever for the best and worse (but mostly best).

12. I smoke for many reasons. One, its fun, and I love just chilling out alone or with friends, it doesn't really matter. Reason two is that I do not sleep very well and have problems falling asleep, and I would much rather use a harmless drug then that crap that the FDA approves of that will make you drive your car in your sleep ([/rant]). Also, it helps me eat. I am never really hungry when I am sober, but after I smoke I can eat and not feel sick to my stomach

13. wasnt purepresser nor anything like that
    my friend asked if i wanna blaze i said sure (since every1 in my family did it)
    i liked it(didnt smoke it alot only with friends) now i got a job good paying i blaze more then enough =)

14. I began smoking just out of curiosity. A couple of my friends smoked and I was always sort of interested in what it would be like to get high. After a couple times, I realized that I really enjoyed the feeling of being high. I still love that feeling, it helps me to relax at the end of the day, and I find that it helps my ability to write poetry. I have also recently been discovering that smoking seems to help me write computer code, which has made class a lot more fun:smoking:

15. my buddy and i were in health class listening to the side effects of marijuana and as they went down the list "euphoria" "hilucinations" we were like "well shit that sounds fun" so we we asked everyone we knew to see if we could find some. finally we did. we went out to the woods with a pop can a 10 bag and a lighter and smoked. we absolutely loved it.

16. pretty standard story i suppose. Was offered a pipe at a party about 6? years back. Took a hit, and NEVER looked back. On a more serious note, as a teen i liked the amount of freedom the mind had when i smoked, which i never had otherwise.

17. I grew up messing around with house hold highs, so getting high has always interested me, so of course when I got to high school and hear someone talking about weed, I wanted to try it,

18. I didn't decide to, I just opened my eyes this once and there was a spliff between my lips :)

It was through a mate, he got me some, cause he wanted me to try it, so he pushed one in my hands, lit it, and so the story began....

19. Started smoking because I'm allergic to fucking idiots. And as you can guess, they are just about everywhere.

20. It's my miracle drug (I'm manic depressive, bi-polar, have anger problems, insomnia etc...)
    It fixes everything. But I started (and still) use it for recreational purposes. :)