Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why did this happen to me!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by weedaterian, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Hi I have been smokeing for 22 years and just last week I was smoking with my best friend. I was getting ready for a good game of basketball, when my chest started to hurt and I became very scared it was like I was going to die. I ran inside and had very bad shortness of breath. I was very high when all this happen. It might of been a panic attack. I asked my 87 year old dad and he said it happend to him when he smoked once. Why did I have anxiety attack when I was doing something that is suppose to help? Happy tokings!

2. When i was 15 this happened to me twice. Its due to dehydration. Felt like you were gonna pass out and things went kind of dark? Just try sipping on a little extra kool-aid next time you blaze man.

3. I had a panic attack the very first time i smoked weed. Eventually i knocked out and didnt matter but it was the same thing that happened to you. Not sure why I got it im pretty chill and has never happened to me. Havent gotten on since so whatever. Who knows I am sure you are fiine tho

4. Damn does ur dad still smoke? If so that's pretty awesome lol

5. this happened to me when i smoked a fat bowl of keif. My heart was beating like crazy and scared the shit outta me, i thought my heart was gunna explode and accepted that i was gunna die......

It kinda scared me cus now whenever my heart beats fast i feel it and try to calm down, even if its just after working out or something physical

6. i have never personally met someone who said weed made them less anxious. Sure while your high its very possible to be mellow, but its also very possible to get paranoid to, but either way, in my experience, when you smoke alot and your not high it seems most people ive met get waaay more self conscious and anxious so maybe thats it?

7. Just take some deep breaths and space out on your smoking sesh for the day..i'm sure youll be fine :)

8. With an eightyseven year old father you are more than likely in your late fiftys.
    When was the last time you had a check up? You're at the age when things start to go wrong so don't think, It's just the pot", as it could be something a lot more serious.

9. Panic attack or you actually smoked too much bud in too short a period, remember its a bronchodilator so it can cause chest pain from expanding airways if consumed to much to quickly, its like using your whole inhaler in one day - it'll just fuck your chest up

10. I had my heart race, short breath, and chest pains once and I thought I was having a heart attack which would have been crazy because I'm in my 20's. It was a combination of being stoned, smoking cigarettes, heat, dehydration, and too much activity.

11. http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/1105964-sad-story.html
    Reply #22

So with a little math that means you started toking at six years of age and you were born when your father was 59 years old.

12. Its dehydration, drink lots of water when you smoke, even soda helps a lot

13. You should find a way to ask God about this before you possibly die from it