Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why Did They Have To Die?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 1booty, Aug 21, 2006.

1. I have just started growing plants outdoors. I had 6 ICE plants growing for about 1-2 weeks. Then 2 of the plants at different times shriveled and began to die overnight. Is this common outdoors, is it possible that a third of my plants just died or is there a major problem. I pretty sure it isnt under watering. Would they shrivel like that from too much water. If anyone could give any advice on the problem i would really appreciate it. Thanks....

2. There are 2 reasons why your plants shriveled like that?

1.Their pots or containers were too small-which causes root bound.

2.You started the plants indoors as babies and moved them outdoors-which means the plants did not develop a tolerance to UV rays.

Both of these problems happened to my friends plants and they shriveled up and died.

Write a reply if you think one of these could of been a problem and I can help you out a little more.

3. The plants have been outside their entire 2 week lives. Also im pretty sure they had enough room. Are the roots get really big at about 2 weeks? They were about 5-6 cm tall. The pots were very large in comparison to the plants. Are the roots bigger than i think? I think it might be too much water, its been pretty rainy. Thanks for the help.

4. 1st off bud, dont use pots outdoors, u have the ground. use it. plants need lots and lots and lots of root space to get Super big, the more roots the bigger plant. possably not enuf sunshine or maybe u nuked them with some ferts already? too many factors outside. maybe a bug chewed ur cambium layer off and they croak. pay close attention to them and treat them like your children... or better and then u smoke the crap out of it.

5. Yea maybe they didnt get enough light, or they got over watered. I havent used enough fertilizer to kill them. I did my last crop of plants in the ground but where i live it rained so much that the plants would get flooded and other stuff like that. Thanks for the help