Why chlorophyl taste?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by MVelazquez2010, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Whatsup GC, its been a while since ive been on here; my last grow.

Last grow was my first successful grow/harvest

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/743298-second-grow-fem-blue-mystic-6.html

Everything went well however, the bud had a very strong plant like-chlorophyl taste to it, does anyone know what could have caused this?

I dried it for about a week, (still a little moist) then cured for about 2 weeks and some change.

Could it be the drying process was not long enough? Id like some feed back so next grow I wont make the same mistake,

Thanks all

2. Curing should be a month long process, not two weeks. This could easily be your problem.

3. even 2 months if you can wait.

4. Its best to fully understand what Curing is and how it works. Than just following some random posters suggestions. what may work for someone but in maryland might not work for someone in california. different size flowers need different times. after a month, my stuff really started to smell and taste way better.

5. I have the same problem, I was thinking not long enough drying and not long enough curing. Only time will tell mate

6. Longer cure time does not take away the Chlorophyll taste...you need to wait until your buds are dryer before sticking them in jars. Because there is still chlorophyll in the center of the buds. When you jar them too early this chlorophyll is still in your buds. How are your buds NOT dry after 2 weeks of hanging? Are you drying them in a fridge? Lol

7. [quote name='"washedmothafuka"']Longer cure time does not take away the Chlorophyll taste...you need to wait until your buds are dryer before sticking them in jars. Because there is still chlorophyll in the center of the buds. When you jar them too early this chlorophyll is still in your buds. How are your buds NOT dry after 2 weeks of hanging? Are you drying them in a fridge? Lol[/quote]

How about chlorophyll smell?? The smokes pretty smooth the buds just a little sticky and feels damp when breaking up. Crisp to the touch tho

8. Means ur drying too fast. Happening to me as well