why care

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by dirtydingusus, Jan 13, 2010.

1. some people just cant understand because they would never go out of there way to try and help others....and some are just jealous cus they know they couldnt stand strong and make it thru real challenges ...thats a choice they made
    everything in life is choices ither you chose to be strong and accept the challenges that come your way as a way to become a stronger person or you lay down and fail and never grow!

anytime in history when one man has stood up and told others that they to can be strong and face this world with there head up and succeed that person has been attacked by the small minded people of the world because those who do stand up on there own make them look bad

2. "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.”
    Mark Twain.

But I think "patriot" can easily be replaced with hero, .etc. I'd call MLK a patriot in this sense, even if he wasn't working for any country. It just applies to anyone working for right when the collective is off the track.

3. I think it's a process. I think a lot of the time, in order to want to help others, you too must have once been suffering and been in need. Once one has experienced loss, and has had others selflessly care and help them, then it cultivates a profound empathy.

I want to use my life to help others, because I've needed help in my past. I've spent a long time learning about how often this is not the case, and how many people genuinely need help.

Simply put, I can see no better purpose or meaning.

I'd like to share this quote.

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.

- Edward Everett Hale

4. this is just how i am man....

5. Thanks for the quote. I often look at things from a fall-short point of view. My progress doesn't seem big enough for my liking. I miss the fact completely that it *is* progress.

6. its hard to give help to someone without the expectation that something will come back your way. that is the tru selflessness of giving and helping. it is much easier to give back and help wen in sometime in your life you were the one that needed the help. but its not like that for everyone people that have never needed help look down upon you as if your weak and stupid for helping someone less fortunate then yourself. this isnt the case tho because believe it or not it takes alot more strength to freely give wat you have to help someone that cant help themselves then to turn a cheek and give them nothing. in the end karma takes it all and in your life if you've been selfish and hatefull upon others people will be hatefull towards you.

7. there is a reason why the 2 paths in life are the easy broad road that takes little effort to transverse. It offers little in the way of true reward, yet is full of material reward and everything you could want out of taking the easy way. Altho this road may not always be lonely, for misery loves company, but it is rarely joyous. Something is always missing...no amount of material things and easy living can ever bring true happiness. it breads a greed that is never satisfied. It all ways wants more and always gives less and less in return

Those apon this path look down on those apon the narrow path.
    They put you down and try to bring you down to their level. In truth, to those apon the narrow path ,these people are just another obstacle.Or at times a new challenge,or even an opportunity.
    and there is the narrow path the one filled with obstacles the one filled with challenge and opportunity and with these things comes joy and true happiness. Here one can develop an understanding of the events of your life and realize without a doubt regardless of what elts is going on "i am doing what i believe i should do ." no matter who thinks i am wrong or stupid or foolish ....I am doing what i believe i should do.
    you can develop the awareness to be able to say "i think for myself"
    find that voice of strength inside and listen to it!

what you put out comes back to you.
    you reap what you sow
    karma is a bitch!

they all agree on this......
    so if you walk the easy path and you put out as little as possible what are you going to get in return? If you constantly put out negative what is going to come back to you?

Many of the people on the easy path were in fact tricked into taking that path. Because they allowed themselves to be convinced they couldnt handle the hard path. Or they where convinced that all the obsicles and challenges where there to harm them. Instead of seeing how they make one grow and what benefits this offers. they see only hardships. Instead of opportunity!

we determine our own reality

what a thing is
    whether its a hardship or an opportunity is all a matter of how you look at it