Why cant we live in world peace?

Discussion in 'General' started by goodseasons, Jun 15, 2012.

1. For the first time in my life, i've actually wondered this question, and honestly why can't we? Why cant we all just aside are difference and actually get along, and just try to understand each other?! Its fine if we cant but does it really mean we gotta fight, start a war, kill masses of people? Like why do we have to push ourselves to that limit at all, if we didn't the world would be such a better place.

2. Difference of opinions, ideals, religion, and money.

Human greed, etc.

World peace will never be achieved.

3. i wish man, i really do. I think its our problem to naturally not care for strangers and type cast them based on previous experiences.

4. #4 goodseasons, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
    But thats what i mean, like why do all those differences have to push us to fight? Why can't we just try to understand each other, or atleast not be bothered by the differences in this world? I mean were all human we should understand that we base all are opnions, on what we beleive, and that their is no right or wrong.

5. Ego, intolerance, ignorance, etc.

6. Human beings are fucking morons.

/thread.

7. His answer still stands. Were pushed to fight because of money, ignorance, and opinions. Nobody will ever take the time to hear someone out because they have the mind state that they are right.

World peace is just something that you dream about it. Like being a My Little Pony. Something that'll never happen, I mean there can still be some peace in life. Just not world peace. People can't accept that, and quite frankly it's good and bad. Good because when people realize there will never be world peace people will be more violent. Right now though it's just a fantasy that sadly won't come true.

8. This is the root of it all.

Edit: Also, think it's absurd to say there will never be world peace. Really? Never? Why not? How do you know?

9. Money, Power, Greed, Hate

10. Because of human beings, mankind.
    World Government Oh yeah it can be done....
    World peace It just can't be done..Now that's the our f'd reality.

11. capitalism.

12. Because not everyone is looking for peace. Question answered

13. An infamous quote from SkunkMonkey "No place will never be peaceful as long as human are running it". Sad but true.

14. And what creature came up with capitalism? It all leads back to humans.

15. #15 BYOweed, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
    [quote name='"Blaze"']

And what creature came up with capitalism? It all leads back to humans.[/quote]

It wasn't world peace without us either, though. Animals kill animals for food. A lion goes right for an animals neck, nearly breaking its neck while it either suffocates or dies of blood loss. An alligator snaps down on it's prey with a force of a truck and repeatedly 'death rolls' to twist it into pieces. Killing isn't so peaceful ...unless you have a deer in your sights and a beer in your hand ;)

16. for food. they dont kill for pleasure like humans do.

17. We kill for food too...

18. Let me guess, are you a vegan?

19. the problem is "too" we should only kill for food.

20. "Peace can only be reality inside one's mind."