Why cant I use the app!!!!

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by devilzlettuce, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Everytime I try using the app I can't see my messages or my subd threads or even post in threads I just get a permission denied notification but I can access everything from my computerhelllllp I need my gc fix

2. have you logged on in the app??

SJ

3. Which vApp are you using Android or iPhone ?

4. Yea I logged out then logged back in but nothing. I tryd deleting the app and reinstalling it but still have the same problem.

It's the iPhone app

5. iPhone app is working flawlessly for me without an issue. There is not much to say without knowing further details

6. What is your iPhone model and your iOS version ?

7. I'm having the same issue. I got a new Android device and the app allows me to login, it says I've logged in successfully, but when I try to access any pages which require authorization (subscriptions/messages/profile), I get permission denied or a message saying I must login to see this. So I checked the app I use on my iPhone and it worked fine. I then logged out of the app and now I'm having the issue on both my iPhone and Android devices. I've removed the app and reinstalled it on both devices. I haven't dug any deeper, say into the HTTP headers to determine what's happening, but just thought I'd share that I'm having the same problem as the OP.
    The OS I'm experiencing this on is 2.3.6 for Android and 5.0.1 for the iPhone.

8. iPhone 4 iOS version 5.0.1

9. Can you please try uninstalling and reinstalling app. We updated something on server that could be the cause of the issue.

10. I uninstalled and reinstalled but still having the same issues I also logged out and logged back in but nada

11. Reinstalling doesn't work for the iPhone or Android app. The same problem still exists.
    After initial authentication, the elements on the site requiring authentication don't work. (ie: messages/subscriptions/profile)
    Do you see my failed and successful authentication attempts in your logs?

It almost seems like the authentication attributes aren't being passed in the request, or aren't valid on the host the request is being sent to. Is the site load balanced? Was the site always load balanced via DNS? Do you think it could have anything to do with session persistence not working across servers?

Can I enable debugging in the app to see my actual HTTP requests?

12. So upon some debugging, I have the following to add:

You do not encrypt my credentials. My username and password are passed via HTTP in clear text... Yikes!
    It turns out when the app tries to access the various elements which require authorization, the credentials aren't passed to the request.php.
    If you guys need help with debugging or configuring your site, let me know. I'd be glad to volunteer some time.

13. Hello ,

Are you talking about Mobile App not encrypting password ?

14. Yes, the mobile app does not encrypt my password.
    It's POSTed to request.php in clear text...

POST contains:
    frp=ip&frv=1.5.12&cmd=login&username=<username>&password=<password>

Security aside, did you figure out the problem with the mobile apps not working?

15. I'm having the same problem with the Android app. Just all of a sudden started a couple days ago.

Uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't work

16. We are examining the issue

17. Same issue it was working today

18. Earlier today till just now

19. A new app version has been pushed live today. Please let me know if you still face this issue or not.