Why can't I smoke any more?

Discussion in 'General' started by mrsofficer9, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Hey guys! It's been a while, and I need some advice. I used to smoke every single day, no problem. I felt great. I would relax, laugh, and smoke all the weed I possibly could. Now, every time I smoke I feel like I'm having a panic attack. It doesn't matter what kind I smoke, who I'm with, or where I'm at. I don't even have to be very high for it. It started almost a year ago. I'd still smoke and be fine once in a while. Around this time I would have very horrible panic attacks from drinking energy drinks. On top of one energy drink in the morning, I would usually drink a few cups of coffee in the afternoon, possibly followed by another energy drink in the evening. It was no surprise I had panic attacks from that. My heart rate got up to somewhere between 120 and 130, and that's when I quit drinking energy drinks. After I got off energy drinks is when the panic attacks started from weed. If I could keep busy though, I'd pretty much be fine. I kept smoking for a little while, then eventually, it was every single time I smoked. I was smoking with the same people in the same places, and usually the same types of weed. I gave up on smoking because it wasn't worth the panic attacks. I really wish I could smoke normally, but it doesn't seem to be an option. I was wondering if anyone here has ever had a problem like this, and what you did to fix it? I will not get on anxiety meds, I have no desire for that. In normal everyday life I do not have anxiety problems. It just seems to be when I smoke. Am I just screwed on ever being able to smoke again? Any advice or related stories are greatly appreciated

2. Well first off, cut the fuck back on caffeine. It's better if you drink coffee instead of energy drinks, especially in the morning.

This is pretty common though. Like the old saying goes, "Everythings better in moderation". I can vouch for it too. I started smoking it everyday and it eventually wore off on me. I can still get nice and baked, but now I'm usually anxious about something.

3. I have been through this process.

Taking a break is the key, or quitting altogether if the problem persists. Like you, I could smoke weed all day every day and have a great time without exception. But I started to notice the enjoyment being sapped out of it after a year, and by a year and a half I was having similar experiences to what you described (not attacks as such... just general anxiety).

I don't know why it happens and can't offer a logical explanation. But taking a break worked wonders for me. I figured it was just too much of a good thing, so I spent a few weeks sober, got back into it, and it was great again.

If the issue comes to rise again, then I will take another break. If it persists then I'll stop altogether. Consider following a similar path.

4. Thanks for the advice guys. I hardly drink any caffeine anymore, besides maybe one cup of coffee a day or some pop. I certainly will not touch an energy drink ever again. I have been on a break for a little while. Smoked two nights ago...took one hit. Got a pretty decent buzz considering my tolerance dropped a lot and it was pretty dank weed. Got a little panicked, but it wasn't as bad as it was before I started my break.

5. I'm so happy right now because after searching through GC I've found countless posts like this that discuss experiences that are almost identical to what I went through. Like you said, taking a break is the key. I'm currently still taking a break and it was the only way to avoid the anxiety.

I think I just need to get my shit together. I need to set some priorities and get better discipline. My anxiety started half way through last semester in college when I was sick of going to class and starting really slacking. Weed only amplifies. If your happy, you'll get more happy. If you're sick of school and slacking, you'll get anxiety.

6. Cool story bro.

7. do stuff when your smoking up ... anything really ... get into something ... that will make you forget about your anxiety ... arts work, sports work, sex works, very hardcore conversations help, just dont sit back and do nothing .... your mind will try to tell you that sitting back and doing nothing is not good ... and cannabinoids do boost your heart rate ... for me when i use to smoke it was always like 120/130 ....

cheers

8. [quote name='"CHRONIKKKK"']do stuff when your smoking up ... anything really ... get into something ... that will make you forget about your anxiety ... arts work, sports work, sex works, very hardcore conversations help, just dont sit back and do nothing .... your mind will try to tell you that sitting back and doing nothing is not good ... and cannabinoids do boost your heart rate ... for me when i use to smoke it was always like 120/130 ....

cheers[/quote]

This, if im just sitting around baked my mind wanders and I get nervous like I should be doing something. So just start being busy and you can better enjoy the high bro. I haven't taken a break in years is this ok to smoke everyday for years and years? It doesn't bother me that much but is it ok?

Sorry for shitty post, stoned and on cell phone.