Why can't I grow two autoflowers with a Mars hydro 300w?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by alexjones, Sep 1, 2019.

1. You know for my grow light that's a 132 watt full spectrum LED grow light, I've been told that it is only good for one plant that's 2x2 area, but as you see in the pic related my grow tent fits two 3 gallon containers in it. 1567299745678.jpg

Sent from my LM-V350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. The general rule I believe, is 150w for the first plant, and 100 watts for every plant there after, within the same setup. At that rate you are a little shy of growing a single decent plant.

3. It can be done with proper training, but I believe you would be diminishing your yields by planting/training more than one decent plant in that area. Just my opinion.

4. It's not about the number of plants, but just the amount of surface area and colas. You could spread one plant out enough to use up that entire light, or keep 2-3 plants real small.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You could probably get away with using smaller pots for a small grow like that. My outdoors are in 3 gallon pots and are running close to 4 feet tall, and almost as wide. I plan on using smaller than 3 gallon pots for my indoor because they would never be able to utilize a pot that big with only 2 months of veg under a light.

6. What kind of light are you using

7. From everything I have read, and the PAR mapping I have seen Quantum Boards are changing that idea pretty quick.

I could be wrong, but I am going to be growing 2 autos in a 20x36 tent under a single 135w HLG QB288.

They list it as 2x3 max flowering...

8. Wattage itself seems to be a pretty lousy measurement. PAR does seem to be the most legitimate way to measure how much space a light will grow. Some lights have a very even spread, and some are more focused towards the center.

9. Oh bro, I’m just talking the older led’s I saw purple in the photo so o figured it wasn’t a quantum board. I’ll be the first to say I know nothing about quantum technology Brody.

10. Yup!

Efficiency is the key!

That said the OP's Mars blurple gets pretty terrible results in a few PAR tests I have seen.

The Mars TS1000 and TS2000, and the SP150 and SP250 are pretty decent in comparison.

In the end though @Tbone Shuffle showed me the way, and got me on to Quantum boards. The new QB288 Rspec was my choice, but the QB 96 was a close second after much research and deliberation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Youre just shy of 30w/sqft. 27w to be exact i was told 30-40 watts per square foot is good for quantum boards

12. I def agree, that with blurple you need more wattage, as they are pretty damn inefficient. In turn that is why they produce so much heat, and need fans, etc. Lots of wasted energy...

13. I was given a ViparSpectra 450w LED. Not sure if it's any good or not but I figure it will be fine for 2-3 tiny plants.

14. That is good to hear!

I will be training them, and trying to keep them relatively small so we shall see.

I will probably start a thread and see if we can't have some fun testing what you can do with a single board.

15. I think you will be fine with the light you have in that space

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. If it’s the one labeled 450 it’s probably the 200 true watt light. I could go one in a five gallon bucket with hella training lol, or like u said a couple tiny ones, but if u get at least four hundred blurple watts in there, you could be doing something with larger pots than three gallon

17. Plus it’s all about your box, there’s a guy claiming to grow a pound with I believe a lil over three hundred watts but I believe he’s using quantum technology. So that’s not exactly relatable to what you’ve got goin on at the moment but it’s all about getting that 200 watts back to the plant and not losing any

18. Grow that shit gromie. If need be plug another one in or upgrade, or pop some CFLs in there if this is how you are

Get some!!!

Sent from my KING_KONG_3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I'm not going to buy any lights, no need when I got a free one really. After seeing how big my outdoor plants got in three gallon pots, I just don't see the need for them on an indoor grow. It would take forever to grow a plant that will fully use the 3 gallon pots, and I'm limited to 7 feet total height. I figure 12" of soil height, add 3 feet for the plant, 2 feet for the light, foot or two of space for the light, I'll be cutting it close. No problem growing 3 footers in small pots.

20. have you looked into scrogging