Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why can't I do anything while stoned?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Derwin94, Oct 7, 2012.

1. If I do anything that involves moving or thinking I begin to lose my high. If I'm not sitting down on the lounge after I've had a few. Then I just forget I'm high, because I'm so focused on what I am currently doing. It's really weird. Does anyone else get this, or is it just me?

2. it's normal. are you new to smoking? i find that it takes some time to adjust to the high experience to be able to do everything 100% normally, like driving a car, talking to people in public, or multitasking

3. Pots not new to you anymore, so you aren't giddy from the "I'm high" phase anymore. Congrats, you are now a man.

4. A high does wear off, sadly it can't last forever. So :smoke: more!!!

5. [quote name='"Derwin94"']If I do anything that involves moving or thinking I begin to lose my high. If I'm not sitting down on the lounge after I've had a few. Then I just forget I'm high, because I'm so focused on what I am currently doing. It's really weird. Does anyone else get this, or is it just me?[/quote]

I feel the exact same way sometimes. The more shit I do the more my high comes down.

6. Yes, it happens to me too. It's the fact your attention focus shifts to something else, whereas, if you just sit down, you focus on how you feel, which makes you notice the high better. Make no mistake, you are still high, even if you "forget" you're high - e.g. I once talked over the phone to a close friend and felt as if I was sober, but, at some point, it occurred to me that my thought patterns were not the way I'd have had them were I sober; in fact, they were pretty different and I was making lots of surprising associations between ideas. So I was still high, my cognitive function was still affected by the THC, it was just that the subjective experience didn't feel the same.

Do you know the concepts of set & setting? They are very important for any psychoactive experience. The setting is the external context (location where you smoke the weed, location where you spend the time you're high, the people who are around, the activities you engage in), while the set is the inner, subjective context (your expectations, motivation, attitudes related to weed, any possible fears, how you feel about the people around you, your overall emotional state). All of this has a tremendous impact over your subjective experience. And weed is a very, very subjective drug...

7. I think it's different for all people. I have a coworker who smokes before he goes running, but I could never do that :/

8. I still notice im stoned if I have stuff to do or not.sometimes I notice it more when I have shit to do.

9. Try some edibles ^^

10. Overthinking it. You can be stoned while you do things. Whenever I move I smoke and it helps me unpack. Just because you are focused on something doesn't mean you aren't still high.