Why can you be racist to mexicans but not blacks?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by themeatsandcheeses, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Howcome anytime on tv or in movies when a mexican walks into a room an acoustic guitar plays or mariachi music or the character talks major spanglish like "Amigo, it's your choice. Pero you dont have to do this, think about your familia." & trust me we dont all talk like that. I always find this corny as hell. i notice this all the time waching Dexter. Or their always really in touch with their mexican food like its a religion (ok maybe that one is true haha)

But directors wouldnt even dare associating african americans with anything that would remotely be offensive.

In no way shape or form am I trying to be racist to either mexicans or blacks but im just going off of what i notice constantly from just turning on the tv.

2. #2 Joker., Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
    have you not seen django unchained? lol

3. Where's Dave Chapelle when you need him?   He'd for sure have something hilarious to say on this topic.   He's another example, he made fun of all races, including black people. 

4. What about django i havent seen it

5. once you watch it, you'll delete this thread.

6. Is this a slavery thing?

7. #8 Joker., Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
    A slavery and revenge tale, it's fucking epic cause tarantino directed it.

8. Taranfino fucking rocks.

9. I guess it makes sense but ifk i still get offended when that damn mariachi music plays lol

10. Mexicans are cool, plus their women are hot.

11. You bet your ass our women are hot.

12. whats with all the white people on tv hanging out with their rich friends, drinking wine and bitching about everything...damn sterotypes

13. Sold. I'll watch it. :)

14. i noticed this on american tv. Django Unchained isnt mocking black people though, it displays real hard hitting racism of the period its set in. Mexicans seem openly mocked on American tv as well as Irish. I suppose theres a degree of guilt in america over the slave trade. Its frowned upon culturally. If "No Irish Need Apply" and the American invasion and butchering of mexicans was as well know/popular in the media I doubt theyd be openly mocked too. People know a lot about black history and the slave trade so feel less comfortable mocking them due to what I guess is guilt and the more known past. thats my guess anyway.

15. is today ethnicity day on grasscity or something. this is like the 5th racial comparison thread i've seen today

16. [quote name="themeatsandcheeses" post="19119685" timestamp="1386448560"]You bet your ass our women are hot.[/quote]You should see the Mexican broads around here, fugllllyyyyyyyySent from my ba ba booey

17. I'm shocked. Since when is racism ever acceptable?

18. because the NCLR does'nt have muscle like the black panthers.

19. Where at haha