why buy nice glass bongs ??

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by RubberUndies, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Well guys, I am considering buying a nice glass bong (brand name) today.... I am new to the whole nice glass scene, so all i know is you can get "percs" on a bong that makes the hot smoother ....is that all it does or does it actually somehow get you higher ? And would it be worth getting one that has a perc if the bong will mainly be used for vapor.bonging ? So do all percs do the same thing ? How well does an ash catcher world ? And lastly , can i expect anything good with 110$ limit ?

2. If you are mainly vapor bonging then a perc might not be necessary but then again, why not? but you can definitely get a great bong for that amount of money. Make sure you shop around and don't jump at the first seemingly good offer you see. Get a sense of the market so you will know when you actually get a good deal. Also remember to haggle the price down.

3. Do not get a perc bong.

There extra water creates a massive drag (extra slow bong hit) and they get you less high.

The harsh, hot smoke is what gets you high. not weak minute long bong hits. Fuck Disfusser stems too....

4. #4 IzZ Tip C, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
    ^
    The misinformation you spew is astonishing.

5. [quote name='"homo"']Do not get a perc bong.

There extra water creates a massive drag (extra slow bong hit) and they get you less high.

The harsh, hot smoke is what gets you high. not weak minute long bong hits. Fuck Disfusser stems too....[/quote]

I love my perc and if you tried telling me this before i got it i would have been mad cause my perc is an 18" 8 tree medicali its has a little more pressure(drag) cause of the perc but nowhere near enough that would impair you from taking a fast hit or clearing it quickly...

Its smoother i get soooo ripped and the temperature of the smoke doesnt affect the high..... dont know where you heard this....?

Ive ripped steamrollers and they are hot and harsh hitting but in no way do i get higher smoking a steamy over my perc.

IMO get a perc best piece ever to smoke buds. And you can get attachments for any bong really for vaping or even dabbing.

6. [quote name='"jahithber69"']

I love my perc and if you tried telling me this before i got it i would have been mad cause my perc is an 18" 8 tree medicali its has a little more pressure(drag) cause of the perc but nowhere near enough that would impair you from taking a fast hit or clearing it quickly...

Its smoother i get soooo ripped and the temperature of the smoke doesnt affect the high..... dont know where you heard this....?

Ive ripped steamrollers and they are hot and harsh hitting but in no way do i get higher smoking a steamy over my perc.

IMO get a perc best piece ever to smoke buds. And you can get attachments for any bong really for vaping or even dabbing.[/quote]

I smoke alot of bud too.... By no means would it be a vape ONLY piece. But my question remains. The ONLY thing a perc is made for is a smoother hit ? Thats it ? How WELL does an ash catcher work at keeping the bong clean when smoking plant. And would a perc effect vaporbonging

7. [quote name='"RubberUndies"']

I smoke alot of bud too.... By no means would it be a vape ONLY piece. But my question remains. The ONLY thing a perc is made for is a smoother hit ? Thats it ? How WELL does an ash catcher work at keeping the bong clean when smoking plant. And would a perc effect vaporbonging[/quote]

Im confused i never said vape only just stated you can attach a vape, but yes a perc does little else besides smoothing your hit but its worth it imo...

And i use a 3 tree diffuser ash catcher attachment and its keeps my piece really clean but the catcher gets quite dirty

And as for vapor bonging ive tried it before (not with my perc) and it worked great but you got me wondering...

If your forcing water vapor through water will it reduce the potency?

Good question, but i dont know the answer

But i would assume it would affect it imo.

8. The Black Leaf Inline "Nautilus" works great for vapor bonging and its right in your price range!

9. if you plan on vapor bonging and smoking flowers out of it, consider a carbon filter over a ash-catcher. You don't want to vape out of a dirty bong(tastes like res instead of the great vape flavor), it kills the experience for me. A carbon filter would keep it clean much better than a carbon filter.

Take a look at ssfg. They have travel tubes/beakers for a killer price. You can upgrade it with a showerhead downstem for cheap and I'm sure they have/could easily make a carbon filter.

10. 1, I believe you're thinking of e-cigarettes and 2, thc isnt water-soluble.

Vaping through a bong is very effective.

11. #11 jahithber69, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
    Edit: double post

12. No, in no way was i talking about an e-cig... just got mt info wrong about water vapor... what kind of vapor is produced from cannabis?

An oil vapor? If so if you were vaping out a dirty piece wouldnt all that gunk absorb some of the vapor?

But your right i forgot about polarity's and such... so vaping through a clean bong doesnt reduce any potency. Like i said i tried it before it worked great.

13. [quote name='"Teed Woker"']if you plan on vapor bonging and smoking flowers out of it, consider a carbon filter over a ash-catcher. You don't want to vape out of a dirty bong(tastes like res instead of the great vape flavor), it kills the experience for me. A carbon filter would keep it clean much better than a carbon filter.

Take a look at ssfg. They have travel tubes/beakers for a killer price. You can upgrade it with a showerhead downstem for cheap and I'm sure they have/could easily make a carbon filter.[/quote]

Yes exactly. I want whatever will make it easier for me to keep the bong spotless... What's a carbon filter look like. Could i find one in a headshop ?

14. the diffusion smooths and cools down the hit for me, helping me take bigger rips, getting me higher faster. even with alot of diffusion i still find the herb to be flavorful.

here is some of my vaping setups.

HIon - YouTube
    vapocane - YouTube
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkJG0i8k7pQ]Arizer Solo Bubbler Rips - YouTube[/ame]

15. I would look into a möbius bubbler as a great cross piece for oil and flowers. It might not be as large as a full tube but you can take just as big of rips. The reti perc is fantastic for oil and flowers.

Personally I stick to smaller rigs for oils

16. Probably could find one in a headshop. Just has 2 joints(one to go into your tube and one for the slide/bowl. It will have a chamber in between to load carbon into. Some have built in disk screens. Id suggest one like that since the only thing people have against carbon filters is the drag. That should eliminate that.

Heres a picture:

Attached Files:

• cf.jpg
      cf.jpg
      File size:
      21.3 KB
      Views:
  17. wow really? cuz the percs on my new bong work like jet engines incinerating my hit and taking it no longer than 10 seconds to do so!!!! and it takes me to the moon and is almost like inhaling air!!!

18. :rolleyes:

Obvious troll is obvious.

19. lol

while i personally hate percs this is definitely not true. i still recommend not getting a perc. get a nice beaker bottom with ice pinches for days when your looking for a hit thats a little easier on the throat. also you should get an illadelph. ive hit a good number of bongs and of all the non heady bongs i have to say they hit the best. well maybe better than some heady bongs as well but heady bongs look so cool you kinda have to buy them if you have the funds

20. With only about 100 to spend, I wouldn't look into getting a percolated bong because its likely to be china glass for that price. 100 bucks is great for a nice clean straight tube.