Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why but metal?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by icefozen, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Sturdy, but there smoke is the roughest ever. Id get one if I got dropped my bowl every time I toke but that doesn't usually happen.

2. $5 metal pipe vs $5 glass spoon i would go with the metal... i have bought a cheap bowl before and i swear to god the pressure from hitting it plus the heat shattered it. if that was a dry pipe some one could have seriously been hurt.

how ever i still only smoke out of glass haha

3. Metal sucks

4. Could someone fill in my ignorance, you started talking about bowls(I assume the thing that goes on a downstem we call them cone pieces). But then fourtwenty4201 says pipe/spoon which makes me think it is not a bong BUT then he said "if that was a dry pipe some one could have seriously been hurt". Where I live a pipe equals no water every time it is one of the defining factors of a pipe here.

5. I think it's common in the states to refer to the piece of a pipe or bong that holds the weed a bowl. It can be of different material types (metal, glass, etc).

6. I like that you spelled buy wrong ... twice

7. #27 Octus, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
    Any glass bowl you get for 5 bucks is going to be thin as hell. I actually, in recent times, have switched to metal from glass. Sold a glass pipe for a metal pipe actually.

Reasons why:
    1) Unbreakable (Never broke one but it's a nice factor to have)
    2) Smoother smoke (no carb)
    3) Longer smoke(I feel glass bowl last 10-15 hits when I get 20-25 same sized hits)
    4) Detachable (For any reason I may need IE. Gravity bong)
    5) Lid (I love the lid, I use it to pack my bowl, I feel it makes it burn slower, and sometimes I'll put it upside on while hitting for a crazy hit)
    6) Pack-bility (I can pack it for later, and smoke whenever instead of packing right before smoking)
    *pack it and throw it in your pocket for later.
    7) Little cheaper

7 reasons why.

Also I taste no different.
    I use a glass screen in my metal bowl.

8. Dont break, and the bowl detaches and can use for something else

9. i don't like metal pieces, but it definitely is a plus that it can't break.

10. Metal doesn't break, it has different sizes of bowls you can put on, and I can't tell a difference in taste. It's also easier to pack the bowl since the weed doesn't slip on the glass. Personally, it really doesn't matter to me. It just depends on what mood I'm in.

11. Man, now I want to go buy me a metal pipe.