Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why but metal?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by icefozen, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Why do people but metal bowls/pipes?
    Why not just buy glass? Like I've seen a 5$ glass bowl at a smoke shop. Why not buy that over metal? Idk I'm just wondering why anyone would buy metal?

2. it doesent break if you drop it... :smoke:

3. Well, I'd get a glass one if I could, but it's not something they have at my local headshop. Answer me this, OP. When you use glass, you don't need screens, right? Like with metal?

Secondly, I guess the fact that they won't break if you drop 'em is nice.

- Serenity

4. Dude i know what you're talking about, I see people buying Pepsi all the time, what fools!!! Don't they know that Dr. Pepper is thousands of times better? So now I just sit next to vending machines and violently assault all the people who have a different opinion then mine.

Sarcasm aside, people have their own preferences and everyone looks for something different when buying a piece. I'm a very careful person, so I knew my first bowl would last me a long time, so I made sure it looks awesome. Some people drop shit all the time, this is where metal is a better choice of piece over glass.

5. [quote name='"True Serenity"']Answer me this, OP. When you use glass, you don't need screens, right? Like with metal?

- Serenity[/quote]
    Yeah u don't need them... U can still use tho..

Also I never thought about the breakable part of glass.. Lol

6. You cant buy glass in some places. I couldnt find any glass where I useto live so I bought a metal piece that I used for about a year, nothing wrong with using metal. Metal pieces are also smaller and can fit just about anywhere.

7. Metal is just horrible to smoke out of tho...it tastes nasty...it gets way too hot...I'm with OP its definitely a waste of $$$ to get a metal piece....even the shittiest little glass piece will always be 100 times better

8. Some people like the taste of metal? :confused:

I think it's lack of available glass, coupled with the fear of breaking glass.

Be careful with glass, and it'll make you happy for a long time.

9. I'll just throw my opinion out there.

I love my glass spoon, but I aslo love smoking out of a metal pipe. Imo, it's a unique taste, and I enjoy it. Plus, a metal pipe is much more durable.

10. [quote name='"sk8njam"']Metal is just horrible to smoke out of tho...it tastes nasty...it gets way too hot...I'm with OP its definitely a waste of $$$ to get a metal piece....even the shittiest little glass piece will always be 100 times better[/quote]

Glass gets super hot too cheif

11. [quote name='"Phisherman"']

Glass gets super hot too cheif[/quote]

Not nearly as bad as metal, I've used a fair share of both

12. Some clumsy, pipe-dropping stoners need a metal pipe! lol

Granny

13. The real issue here is a clean pipe. It dosen't matter what you use for a pipe if you clean it regularly. Foul tasting pipes are a result of poorly cleaned pipes, not the material they are made of. Many times a smoker will say glass is the only option, then pass a pipe so filthy that nothing smoked in them, even the best of varieties, will have any pleasant taste. Keep your piece clean and enjoy a good smoke regardless of the pipe material used for your piece. Let convenience, price, and ease of purchase guide your decision, not people preaching, "my way or the highway ".

PW

14. We do not have glass bowls in my Country. Aprox 14 days until blaze 9mm 11 arm perc comes *giggles*

15. Metal also never gets cold enough (Just sitting) to make the resin buildup solid, which makes it quite a bit easier to clean in my opinion. I have both glass and metal, and I can say I've never broken my metal pipe while cleaning it. Glass however..

16. Glass isn't as durable as metal... I could chuck a metal pipe onto a freeway and have it get run over by hundreds cars and i bet you i could still smoke out of it but you do that with glass and all you have left is... sand.

17. I have one of these metal pipes here:

Share The Pipe aka Share II Metal Handpipe - Chrome or Stainless Steel - Grasscity.com

I love that pipe. It cools down the smoke and never gets hot. I enjoy taking it apart and cleaning it (yeah I know I'm weird) so it never really has a funky taste. It's always the pipe I use when I'm going somewhere, as I don't have to worry about it getting dropped, etc.

I've got a number of pieces, but I rotate through them all. I don't think I have a favorite.

18. I have had a metal pipe and the smoke did taste different, and To me it tasted nasty (clean or not). Although the bowl had a screw on cover so it was better for travel. I personally would never buy a metal pipe again, although the proto pipe looks pretty tempting

19. Sturdy, cheap, ghetto, don't care if you lose it

I personally don't like them.. toked out of a metal pipe a few times but would never buy one