why aren't they sprouting?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by patch0i, Mar 14, 2007.

1. i germinated 5 seeds and planted them, root face-down, about 5-6 days ago. i don't know why they aren't sprouting. did i plant them too early? i leave em outdoors all the time. is it too cold? the lows are running around 55 degrees F around here for the lows. highs are in the low to mid 70's. i don't know why they aren't sprouting. they just ran out of water today and i rewatered them. WHY AREN'T THEY SPROUTING, GOD DAMMIT?!?

2. when planting sprouts, make sure the growing medium has been thoroughly watered BEFORE planting the seed.. seeds should be placed about 1/2inch deep.
    after planting, cover pot with a plastic bag, or cling film or something to keep moisture in. a couple of pin-pricked holes will allow oxygen and air to circulate. keep in the dark at around 70-80 degrees...
    hopefully if you try these changes, it should work nicely...

3. I highlighted a couple possible reasons why above..

My method of germinating is this:

1.)I first lightly scuff the sides of the seeds with sandpaper to soften the protective coating, then I soak them in water until the majority of them sinks, whether its 2 hours or 2 days, (U gotta wait until most of them sink).

2.)Then I put them between 2 moist paper towels and set them on a plate, flip another plate over top of it to keep moisture in(Same method you see everywhere on the net),

3.)then I place that whole setup on a heating vent in my house (heat speeds up germination, especially when they are kept at a constant 74*F)

4.)When most of them have taproots about 1/4" I know that they are viable and going to do well, so I plant mines in Jiffy Cubes#7, the ones you add water to and they expand.. (it comes with its own tray and dome..its perfect for starting seedlings and its only like $2.50) most of the cubes already have holes poked in them so they are already the right deepness, so all U gota do is soak the jiffy cube in water overnight (so it can absorb the maximum amount of water)

5.)stick the seed in the hole - taproot down and leave the tops of the seed uncovered so it will be easier for them to sprout..keep a little water in the bottom of the tray so the jiffy cubes can soak up water if needed, that way they are sure to stay moist, but not over watered. Place that setup on top of the vent so it stays 74*F and humid inside the dome.

in 24hrs they will start to root, and beign pushing up. But remember they grow down below, before they grow up top. and U really dont need to put a light on them until the shell drops...

another germination faq below...

4. ^^^thats a good seed Faq. it answered why all the seeds that never popped in my closet never did

5. i also planted 3 seeds 5 days ago and the one plant i didnt give as much attention too and was about to toss it just sprouted before the other two this morning so you might just wanna give it time, best tip i could give because this my first grow also​