Why are women attracted to assholes?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by xEtceteraaa, Feb 28, 2011.

1. What really sucks is when your nice AND ugly.

2. It has to do with the fact their brains are so small. They swear they hate assholes yet they keep going for the same types of guys. Then act surprised when nothing changes.

3. #103 Perpetual Burn, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011
    I doubt most women are attracted to assholes. But I imagine most are attracted to confidence. The asshole seems very confident, but few of them are. The ego is a charade to protect insecurity. The confidence women are really looking for is ultimately truly humble. When you really don't care care about what people think they think, you've got no cause to impress them... there is no 'being cool.' If you're trying, you're not... and if you act like an asshole, you're actually trying to impress people which doesn't make you all that cool.

So, women aren't really looking for an asshole, most of them don't consciously want to be mistreated... but the 'asshole' is loud and obnoxious, so he gets their attention first. The truly confident man doesn't seem so on the surface.

As mentioned in this thread, there is also a type of mentality where a woman thinks she can change a man. Well, probably not... people usually change at their own rates. Besides, if you can't accept someone else for who they are, then you're probably not that much of a catch yourself which will create conflict in the relationship bringing out the man's asshole side.

But the biggest factor besides the attraction to confidence is that it makes a girl feel special to think that they can make an asshole be on their best behavior, that they are worthy of such good behavior. Assholes are assholes publicly (such is the nature of the ego,) but they all must be nice in private (at least some of the time) and show their sensitive and sweet side. A difficult charade for women to see through, I'm sure... but that's the key. It's when the 'asshole' is nice that gives him his true power over girls.

The initial leading factor is that a 'nice guy' respects women and does not want to objectify them, so he does not immediately approach them. He tries to get to know them which could get him in the friend zone. When the asshole sees a pretty girl he says, "I want to fuck that." And it works... why wouldn't it? Women can only pick from the options available... they can't be sure the nice guy is even interested, but the asshole makes this known rather quickly (if not rudely.)

Of course, maturity is a major factor. It takes time for people to figure out what they're truly looking for. In short... Girls like assholes, women like gentlemen.

4. /thread we have a winner:hello:

5. I'm sorry for you, dude. Her levels of pain varies. Sometimes she likes the dude for a week, sometimes for longer, then when she fucks them over they hurt.

I find that sad. Nice guys should be treated as such and not as doormats for pretty girls who can't seem to do anything for themselves.

See, she's funny and flirty. I think that's mostly what it is.

Then you have me, I'm smart, funny and mostly intimidating to dudes. Especially because i don't give off that "fuck me" vibe.

She has the IQ of a candle.

Now that i'm older it doesn't matter AS much because i kinda feel like dudes are attracted to her because she seems easy. (Which she is)

:D

I just want you all to know that not all girls want an asshole, i like confidence, but i also want a guy who does nice things for me. I don't want to be able to walk all over him because i'm a pretty strong willed girl and it's very easy for me to do it without knowing it. I want a guy who will fight back when it's necessary, a guy who stands up for himself without caring what other people think.

But i do not want someone to treat me like shit.

6. yeah,,, never been with one, dont plan on it ..

7. Are any of these guys that are assholes good looking? That might be why.

8. i would never be with someone thats cocky and arrogant, its suck a turn off, so is bulky muscles jmo ;)

9. women are cunts...thank god for drugs and alcohol since I've never had a girl in my life who needs em my hand does the job fine anyway:devious:

10. I'm surprised that your attitude hasn't gotten you laid millions of times. ;)

11. some girls is jus stoopid

12. I'm only slightly stoopid. :p

13. I've started to realize that girls seem most interested in you when you're kind of an asshole and then you're really sweet later.

14. i cant stand when a guy is an asshole. for me it's because i consider myself more than a sex object. but i would agree that some girls are in to guys like that. not sure exactly why though.
    but on the other hand i cant say that im in to "nice guys" when it is to the point that they are total pussies. the biggest turn on for me would probably have to be charisma...a characteristic that probably entails kindness and confidence/smooth talking now that i think of it.
    oh and i also have the occasional jungle fever lol

15. I think most girls think that about themselves. Unless they were abused as a child I don't think anyone just thinks that they are one

16. close your eyes. relax. chill bra
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziNx7V1iA2Y]YouTube - Slightly Stoopid - Collie Man (Album)[/ame]

17. I dont give a fuck how many girls are attracted to me, im being nice untill I die

18. chicks dig nice guys, I AINT LYING!

19. 'till it gets wet was written about me, just saying. :p

20. What is jungle fever?

Also, to turn this around for a sec, confident chicks are a total turnon for me. When I was 19, for the first time ever a girl came out of nowhere and asked to buy me a drink. For a guy who's used to fighting for women like they're freakin' Stalingrad, that blew me away.

I was under her shoe for the next 2 years xD