Why are we not talking about vaccines?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Knitting Mama, Feb 6, 2015.

1. You shouldn't post "evidence" without researching it

FALSE: CDC

That's what happens when you trust alternative medicine websites for credible information though.

2. It simply could go both ways and easily set a chain-reaction of going back and forth of what you just done. There is more than enough evidence about that info all over the net. Its not my fault you are conditioned to think one way and reject new information that does not fall into with what you have been taught.

I'm well aware of my years research and first-hand practice in these types of things. Unlike you know it all's, I have life experience with these subjects and actually know people that do tests with vaccines and cancer's from nutritional experts to bio-medical scientists proving that they are dangerous and do not belong in the human body period. This experience taught me to think outside the box and free my mind from the fixed stated. Oh and my point was as cancer cannot survive in an alkaline environment the cure is a simple change of diet and lifestyle. (Movement, Rest and Oxygen-Rich Food and Environment along with high doses of Antioxidants n specific Herbs that combat it ect..)

Thought that would of clicked on but i forget that i am on forums with a bunch that think they figured it all out based on what they read, heard online or been taught by a fixed system instead of actually working with people that specifically study these things and find the first-hand Truth about the subjects via experience and experiments.

There is more than enough proof out there, You just choose to ignore and stick to your old ways. Its a simply Psychological defense mechanism. Meditation helps.

3. Could you stop calling me a know it all? Incredibly immature

4. And you never answered if you knew what pH buffers are. And since you're going on about how diet could affect your body's alkalinity or acidity I'm guessing you have no idea what a buffer is

5. My son was due for a flu shot. I refused point blank. Research and statistics show that they *can* cause more harm then good. I'd rather not risk it. I was told that the jab is to stop them getting it which stops them passing it on to the vulnrable.

I was entitled to one for free. I refused. My grandparents didn't have them as kids, and they didn't have the jab later in life. They're old and doing fine.

6. There isn't a whole lot of research that shows the cons outweigh the pros.

And that's known as herd immunity, where healthy people don't pass on pathogens that could hurt or kill the immune weak. People who are old, young, and immunosuppressive benefit greatly from an inoculation that was free to you.

7. Lack of research isn't a reason to be "pro flu shot".

Expert questions US public health agency advice on influenza vaccines | The BMJ

Flu Shot Remains Most Dangerous Vaccine Based on Injuries and Deaths Compensated by Government

Enough for me to not bother. That coupled with the fact nobody in my family has had it, and are fine. Why would I want to introduce risks that my son develops a rare reaction? Or that the flu shot will not cause problems later down the line?

No thank you. They can keep their flu shots.

This is a similar argument to those that use nicotine vapes. Then they wonder why they develop a nasty cough from using. Like my brother, who has never smoked in his life and is now using one because it's cool.

8. "rare reaction "you said it yourself. Pros heavily outweigh the cons.

And vape pens isn't even remotely in the same league for an argument on vaccines and health gtfo lmao

9. Have you read Bad Pharma? Have you read how trials are skewed and misrepresented? Do you know that most doctors do not even research the trials themselves and base their facts on what they are told?

Nobody said it was. I was mearly giving an example that people blindly follow the crowd based on a lack of research and evidence and think it's the correct thing to do.

You keep swinging your battle axe. I still wont be getting no flu shot :)

10. I have not read bad pharma but I know how to read research studies on my own. So how a doctor interprets that is not really that relevant. It's about the scientific community when it comes to research, not doctors.

And I'm not swinging an axe. Just dismissing non relevant points.

I swear, people who follow this shit get so offended when you don't agree. As if you hold the values so close to yourself that it hurts when I say something else

11. So before you go any further pick up the book and read it before assuming you know what the book is about.

If you'd read the book, and it's credability, and who write it you'd understand that you can't rely on the misrepresented evidence given by "scientists" who conduct medical trials. And whilst you're reading your medical journals (we all know how to use Google Scholar, and how to find patents) you might just be able to make a rational decision.

You're assuming I don't. Didn't I just link to BMJ?

You're also assuming everything you read in a paper/journal is fact. That's wrong.

No what you're doing is thinking your view point is superior to the next mans view.

Do you work in the medical industry? Because as far as I'm aware you're some random dude on a forum who's responding to everyones comments with the "my view is correct" attitude.

Pipe it down, let people have their say, and stop trying to change peoples opinions.

12. Lmfao you don't control what I fuckin reply to here. Get a clue

• Like Like x 1
  13. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Very defensive thing to do to tell someone their opinion isn't welcome somewhere especially when they're being civil. Afraid of hearing something that contradicts your views? Insecure in your opinions?

15. Dude the fact is peer reviewed medical literature is the best source of information available on vaccine safety and efficacy, and there the science is clear. Despite a few rare reactions and outlying cases, for the most part vaccines are very safe and very effective at preventing horrific diseases. Like that's what's frustrating, is this isn't really even debatable, it's not up in the air, the jury's not out on it, and way too many people still resist it

It's not really the flu shot people who piss me off anyways, it's the parents who don't vaccinate their children for preventable diseases and cause outbreaks of diseases we haven't worried about for decades.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I couldn't give a monkey whether people agree or disagree with me. Such is life.

In the words of Sheldon Cooper ...

(6:40) Link

Ps. I'm an aspie. One of my "special interests" (as they call it) is The Big Bang Theory.

17. #237 imageek, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    Since when has the flu been something to worry about in children? If we're talking TB, or meningitus, different story.

The lowest death rate for influenza was in 1981, where it was 41. There was no vaccine then. There are no significant changes recently: Estimates of Deaths Associated with Seasonal Influenza --- United States, 1976--2007

Thus, I am not concerned of a flu outbreak that will kill lots of people.

It's 1 in 900,000 that my son will have an adverse effect from the flu shot. The chances he will die from the flu are much lower. I back the horse with the better odds.

18. If this is true... Why is life expectancy so much longer today than 100 years ago?

• Like Like x 2
  19. That's why I said that the flu vaccine is less essential, although it's still worth getting if you're old or have certain health issues.

I'm talking about your basic childhood vaccination schedule that includes things like measles/mumps/rubella/small pox/tuberculosis etc. Anti-vaccination sentiment has in fact led to several outbreaks of such diseases that, if not eradicated, were at least nearly so.

So skip the flu shot for your son, as long as you got him his childhood vaccines and make sure to keep up with the occasional booster, you're doing fine.

• Like Like x 2
  20. 1500's had a pretty good average too if you were wealthy. It's mad because back then they didn't have the medicine we have today yet they had a good life expectancy.