Why are we not educated on importance of water?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by JT Fifa, Aug 3, 2010.

1. #1 JT Fifa, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2010
    Alright, 85% percent of Americans are chronically dehydrated. Dehydration is the primary cause of sickness, daytime fatigue, and diseases. All these problems that people have they just been told to take some medicine. For example, heartburn can be remedied by being hydrated, but peers tell them to take some tablets for it, which will not fix the source of the problem. Everybody's well being and health can be soooo much better if they just stay hydrated! I know from personal experience what happens when you are dehydrated for so long. I could not figure out what was wrong with me (fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, paranoia, loss of appetite, nausea), it could have got worse if I did not catch on. Ever since, I've been staying hydrated and felt great.
    I really do not like our education system. I value education, but I think it should start out with everybody's well being before anything else. Then you can get the best out of everybody in society and life!

P.S. Exercise, nutrition, and sleep are also required for good well being.

P.S.S. People do know they need water, but they do not realize what happens when they are dehydrated, and what they can prevent and cure with water.

2. So true.

3. yeah dude my moms drinks like a glass of water if that a week. id say 16 fl oz a month prlly. she just drinks mt dew. i explane to her that could cause headaches. she needs to drink like 16 fl oz a day haha. and even then it wouldnt be enough.

i drink around a galon of water a day usualy.

i dont feel as sick or sickish feeling. ne more. and it makes pop that much more sweeter. pop isnt a day after day thing imo. its good everyonce in awhile. but why drink such fatty and unhealthy shit when you can get juicy juice or some shit hahhaa. idk i love pop tho.

4. Because they're too busy teaching abstinance only sex ed in health class? You definitely have a point, drinking more water is by far the biggest thing people can do to improve their health.

5. i love water. one time i ran out of filtered water and started freaking out. whenever i drink water i always imagine how valuable it will become after the world ends or something crazy like that.

6. I currently live in AZ so I know how important water is. I get massive migraines if I become dehydrated. On topic of why people aren't educated on the importance of water, I know my gym classes and weight training classes pushed water on us. I think people are just to crazy for the caffeine drinks and whatnot.

7. Lol, we do take it for granted. With the big picture, we are trying to find ways to conserve and create resources (alternative energy for example rather than fossil fuel). It really is a huge challenge with our population growing exponentially everyday. Organisms originated from water. Water=life and I say that is the resource that we obviously have to put on the number one list to make sure we never run out! Then we can worry about other resources. But yeah, in the middle of the end of the world or whatever, my first move is to find a place with water lol.

8. Agreed, a significant part of our society function off of caffeine. I do not mind caffeine, but as with everything moderation is the key. Caffeine also acts as a pain reliever, so your body might be suffering and you wouldn't even know! I used to drink caffeine regularly back in high school, playing online games late into the night. I remember how it affected me physically and mentally, but I never really understood any of it. My health was not on my top priority list back then ha.

9. I fucking LOVE drinking water! I spend good money to make my water taste good. I drink Water, Milk, and maybe sports drinks. That's about it. Water is so underrated

10. Canada is starting to export it's water and shit. I find it ridicilous how they sell bottled water, it's so fucking bad for you it's not even funny.

Just think, if that bottle hasn't been sitting in the sun while it's been in your possession, what about at a factory? At the store? All that plastic leeching into your water...Thats fucking gross man.

On a positive note, i just drank 5 cups of water along with my naNOx and am about to workout!

11. This should be the water appreciation thread.

Water ftw.

12. LMFAO, i cant stop laughing and im not even high.

So yea people need to realize the importance of water. The human body on average uses about 86 oz of water a DAY to run its normal functions... Most people dont even drink HALF of that in a days course.

13. I'm with you man. I think it's insane that almost no one really drinks water that much, just caffene, sodium, alcohol, and high fructose corn syrup. Things that just make you more thirsty!! This mentality is destroying our youth, we need water!!
    I always caution people to stayhydrated.

14. well just because they don't drink that much doesn't mean they don't consume that much water. Keep in mind that there is water in all of our foods/drinks, as well as an assortment of other things.

15. Well DUH, of course water is the main ingredient in a lot of drinks. But like I already said, most of those drinks contain other ingredients that just make you more dehydrated. For example: soda contains a lot of sugar, salt, and caffeine(not to mention other unhealthy things) which won't help one stay hydrated. Same with energy drinks, but even more sugar, salt, and caffeine. "Sports drinks" are mostly filled with sugar.

You need to drink straight water EVERY day. Beverages such as soda, energy and sports drinks should NOT be our main source of water consumption.

16. Happy to see you guys value the importance of water. Drinking straight water is the way to go, but as an athlete it is actually beneficial to drink sports drink with electrolytes in it. From what I researched, we also need to balance salt, sodium, and electrolyte for water to be truly effective. We can get this from just eating food no problem, but when playing sports or training, I don't mind drinking a sports drink then the rest is water. But like you said NYC, should not be a main source for water!

Plastic bottled water definitely can be unhealthy, best way to go is home filtered water for the most part.

17. water is amazing. especially when blazing. all that dry mouth, i can never get enough. DONT REUSE PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES THOUGH! those things are super dangerous to keep reusing because they break down in the water. nasty stuff

18. how many litres in 86oz?

19. 86oz= 2.543 L

I think its because we have become so sugar addicted that we can´t appreciated anything as pure as water anymore. We always need more sugar and more salt with everything "to make it taste good". Water doesn´t fullfil this triffeling need.
    Kids get sucked into drinking sodas and pops by the media and theire pears, the adults are all addicted to caffeine to "stay functioning" with theire everyday work stress so they drink coffee, moccas,cappocinos and lates on the go from and to work and once at home need a beer to "relive all the stress". The same thing goes for all the sugar enhanced drinks like sodas and such, we become addiceted to the rush they give us.

Water can´t provide us with this rush, and it isn´t supposed to. It´s only supposed to help our bodies function properly, the only things that are supposed to enduce us into a state of rush are Drugs. Plain and simple. (And yes, i do, in that sense consider Sugar a drug of sorts) Water has been replace with all the syntheticly engeniered concoctions we produce in our factories for billions of dollars, yet they are cocktails of substances so unhealthy and acidic that some of them can disolve a 1 cent piece over night. And we choose to drink this? To put this into our bodies? We choose to cosume this over water?

Water, the creator and giver of life (as i believe it) has been pushed from its pedestal and needs our help to regain its former place of glory in our society.
    So grab your mugs, your cups, your bottles and consume some of the good old "clear gold". Drink some water!

20. [​IMG]This has everything u need to burning strong for hours and hours.