Why are we here?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by flapflip, May 12, 2011.

1. What say that we CHOOSE to come here as it is a learning experience (university of universe planet earth)? Yes, we all share the same fate but it is not death (unless you are talking about the "physical" body) it is to "realize" the eternal nature of the soul and Real Being (created in the image of God)....

Does God die too? If he created us in his image then he did not create us to die (the body is a vehicle for the soul that serves us well for awhile, then we trade it in for a newer model)...

It's not that the time here is so little but that we waste 99.0% of it living in the egoic mind of past/future caught up in the insane belief that happiness is "out there" in the world of things or people at some point in the future, or..... It has already past us by... All of this is insanity but just look around the planet and realize it is an insane world to which we try to rationalize justify by conjecture... :rolleyes:

2. [quote name='"svedka"']

What say that we CHOOSE to come here as it is a learning experience (university of universe planet earth)? Yes, we all share the same fate but it is not death (unless you are talking about the "physical" body) it is to "realize" the eternal nature of the soul and Real Being (created in the image of God)....

Does God die too? If he created us in his image then he did not create us to die (the body is a vehicle for the soul that serves us well for awhile, then we trade it in for a newer model)...

It's not that the time here is so little but that we waste 99.0% of it living in the egoic mind of past/future caught up in the insane belief that happiness is "out there" in the world of things or people at some point in the future, or..... It has already past us by... All of this is insanity but just look around the planet and realize it is an insane world to which we try to rationalize justify by conjecture... :rolleyes:[/quote]

Svenska?

3. Shit, sorry for bumping this. I thought it was a recent thread before I realized it was my own lol. Feel free to delete

4. Questions of why are like the empty pages of a journal, the pen is in your hand. Most of the rest of these questions, it seems safe enough to accept the shared observations. We are (at least physically) individual beings, the psyche likely evolved in parallel to the complexity of our symbolic thinking. I don't know if everything is there just for you, but if you heard someone else saying that what would be your reaction? I am compelled to reject it, myself, as a little self-centered (but it's a fair question).

5. [quote name='"Postal Blowfish"']

Questions of why are like the empty pages of a journal, the pen is in your hand. Most of the rest of these questions, it seems safe enough to accept the shared observations. We are (at least physically) individual beings, the psyche likely evolved in parallel to the complexity of our symbolic thinking. I don't know if everything is there just for you, but if you heard someone else saying that what would be your reaction? I am compelled to reject it, myself, as a little self-centered (but it's a fair question).[/quote]

But I mean, if I wasn't here, would anything exist? I know this is the whole "if a tree falls and Nobodys around to hear it, does it make noise?" kind of thing, but think about it

6. I think it would, just.. differently. Nothing to trip over though, since you are here now anyways.

7. Close your eyes and let your imagination take off.

Then write a science fiction book.

8. There is no answer

Science can't explain everything

9. [​IMG]

You must be one buff motherfucker with how much you post lol.

10. I'm here because I was bored...........Really

11. [quote name='"1Trismegistus1"']

You must be one buff motherfucker with how much you post lol.[/quote]

Just started it, and I normally bust out 20 every 4-5 posts

12. I shall answer your question with a question.

Why shouldn't we be here? Hmmmm :D

13. We're here because, where else is there to be?

14. life is a choice, death is a decision. God still needs you alive, that is why you are still here,

15. We're here to spread our seed so we can share the experience of life. Life is a ride so you better pick a good ride. When you ride a roller coaster, do you ask why your riding on it? To enjoy and experience the ride...

16. I think a more important question is "What good can we do, knowing that we are here?"

17. it really doesn't matter except in the world of matter.... matter is given way too much importance imo...

end the end, nothing (no-thing) matters as no matter lasts... on that basis all matter (as a separate form) is illusion due to not withstanding the tests of 'time' (another illusion)....

if matter was eternal it would warrant a bit more significance...

18. [quote name='"TheAtmansPath"']I think a more important question is "What good can we do, knowing that we are here?"[/quote]

So far we've succeeded in destroying our planet and killing each other. The majority of the human race kind of sucks :(

19. Cud be a couple things, i believe if it was all bout natural selection and evolution, then were here to fertilize the planet.. If its god and all that religion bs, then were here to prove ourselves to the almighty to get into his kingdom,...if we were created thru alien genectic mutation/ cloned, we cud be here as slaves, cattle, or to grow and colonize the stars, or we jus came from space all together