Why are we here?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by flapflip, May 12, 2011.

1. #61 flapflip, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    It makes sense

2. #62 errorUAtaken, May 14, 2011
    Trying to make up for some past failure or behavior
    Some people don't even realize it or their baggage they just grow up in an abusive household put the memories in the back of their head and remember once more, maybe, when they turn around and go to their family what was taught to them

3. #63 flapflip, May 15, 2011
    I was raised in a home where both my parents left me when I was 5, and again when I was 13. I didn't forget. I've taken my pain and used it as an example of how not to raise my kids.

4. #64 errorUAtaken, May 15, 2011
    Yeah I hear you ive faced a lot of abuse over and over and so on and I agree with you and I've sworn this on my future kids
    But that doesn't mean there isn't that guy who turns around and smack his wife

5. #65 errorUAtaken, May 15, 2011
    Not to sound insensitive sorry

6. #66 flapflip, May 16, 2011
    True. I dunno, I was just raised to be respectful to women, no matter how much of them are bitches at times. I just take whatever they throw at me =) its stupid to me when guys are all like "and then I slapped that ho!"

I mean honestly. Yea, your fuckin tough, beating on a woman.

7. #67 errorUAtaken, May 16, 2011
    Lol yeah I hear you, not to mention they act that way as a means to guard themselves from guys like that in the first place

8. #68 flapflip, May 17, 2011
    What do you mean?

9. I know what you mean OP

I also got a good laugh out of this

Attached Files:

10. #70 errorUAtaken, May 17, 2011
    Women come up with certain behavioral patterns as a way to screen guys
    Some guys test them some try their hardest for one get crapped on and then start testing them, they dont just start acting like that there's a reason behind it all not to say that they're perfect it's just an intimidating planet for them

11. because you have to be SOMEWHERE, doing SOMETHING, your whole entire life, right? right?

12. Too blazed to give a damn haha

13. To do some things then die

14. To experience existence. Life is love.

15. i agree and would only add "to realize our nature and natural state" to what you said.

16. To be..............Remember, be here now!

17. i can go with that green doc but... we already are so to be may not be the reason we are here as much as to 'Realize' that we Be/Are while prancing (or stumbling) around in the physical...

if it is true that the creator (Infinite Being, intelligence, or God if you will) was manifest and or just a lot of space with no planets, stars, etc. until.... this creative energy decided to turn itself inside out so to speak and coughed up creation as we know it... Seems that we humanoids created in "His" image would want to dally in the physical as well...

thing is that we humanoids got lost in the drama, scenery, props, toys, etc. and forgot Who we Are... thus the seemingly long journey to eventually lose interest in "more and more" out there finally turning inward to discover it's all there (inside us) and more...

18. im gonna post this, so when you guys figure all the tough questions out one of you can please let me know. Thanks.:wave:

19. We are born to die. When we are born, we all share the same fate, at one point or another, we are going to die. We have so little time on earth, you should embrace it, see as much of it as you can

20. There is no why, there is no reason, it just is.

To be.

:D