Why Are We Doing This?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Old School Smoker, May 30, 2013.

I'm not sure they purposefully surround themselves with innocent civilians. Some probably do. But many of these "terrorists" are simply pissed off civilians. And civilians are usually surrounded by other civilians.

2. OMG do not tell me that the US is bombing for the sake of bombing. That's redicuous and we would never get away with it in the eyes of the world. That would be stooping to saddam huessien's level when he invaded kuwait

I didn't say that.

4. you said we were bombing civilians.

5. #45 Johnny Cash, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2013

Well you are, aren't you?

6. Just a little disclaimer: *WE* don't bomb anybody.  A small group of individuals claiming to act on my behalf bombs people. Personally, I never elected for them to do so, and I will not be an apologist for the murder of civilians. 

If "we" bombed somebody, "we" would be in prison. 

7. Ok Ok I said we as Americans in the eyes of the world.

Anyway, what you guys are saying, is that there are no more terrorist targets, but we have all this left over milatary stuff that needs to be used for $$ so lets just bomb the middle east randomly?

Do you think terrorism can be eradicated by killing people who fit the description?

9. In the eyes of the world? Most people in the world are able to tell the difference between the common citizen and the criminal government. 

And, no I don't think anyone is saying anything remotely close to that. 

10. Terrorism will never be eradicated. I know that. Doesn't the u.s. government know that?

And nobody on this thread can come up with a single answer as to why the USA is doing this. Again I ask. Why is the USA milatary bombing innocent civilians with remote control planes? And i guess i can expect some silly answers like "it saves money and soldiers lives" But this is a serious question. WHY?

11. Nobody is answering the question. All I understand is the USA is sending remote control planes to randomly bomb innocent civilaians in the mid east and the rest of the world is saying "ok...no problem" Bullshit.

12. I think it's been answered a couple times in previous posts

Nobody said anything along the lines of randomly bombing innocent civilians.

Could you get rid of anger by killing all angry people? Its a little silly.

These "targets" are not YOUR targets, they are not MY targets, they are not "OUR" targets. They are targets of a few individuals who call themselves "government" and maintain their power via the obedience of people funneling their taxes to them.

You and I have no personal beef with any of these individuals across the sea whom they are bombing, except for a little resentment they possibly hold against us tax slaves that still funnel our money toward its operations. Who are their targets? Probably people they feel are a threat, but a threat to whom? A threat to them more so than a threat to us? I feel more threatened by police officer than any terrorist. And if a "terrorist" happens to be of any threat to us then its thanks to those who provoked such hatred which stem from military operations that are usually kept hidden from the populace.

You did nothing to create such an enemy, yet somehow we must obey and praise our "savior" "government" to protect us from it. Its like a good for nothing friend from highschool who becomes a junky and gets into some bad shit with the mob while he hides away at your house while you praise him for protection while he uses your super awesome weapons.

15. Ok I understand that. So the rest of the world accepts this? Why is thier not a coalition being formed in the world to stop the USA? Is north korea the only ones? When saddam husenn invaded kuwait, the world formed a coalition to get him. Why is the USA getting away with this?

16. All countries are ran by these parasitic "leaders". Perhaps some have good intentions, but those are unlikely to reach the top. (see Ron Paul)

Its not just america.

17. #57 Lenny., Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    There's  people that have a problem with American imperialism, you're just unaware of them. Go poll people in the middle east. Or even Europe.

What more of an answer do you want? 

You're asking a bunch of people who (hopefully) would never even think about murdering someone in cold blood what the reasoning is behind a bunch of people who  murder innocents in cold blood and get away with it. We're not sociopaths. You would have to ask one of those. 

18. No one said there are no terrorists.

We are saying terrorism is a result of blowback from American imperialism. And that bombing innocents is not the answer.

2000 wrong still don't make a.right

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Ok then, I was right, there are remaining pockets of terrorist networks that can re-build al queda or the taliban and threaten the USA. That is who we are going after. But why in the mid east? there are anti-american terror networks all over the globe. Oh god forbid we go global with our bombing.

20. Ok then, I was right, there are remaining pockets of terrorist networks that can re-build al queda or the taliban and threaten the USA. That is who we are going after. But why in the mid east? there are anti-american terror networks all over the globe. Oh god forbid we go global with our bombing.
    </blockquote>
    I don't think anyone here ever argued that terrorist were not a threat, or that they didn't exist.

The argument was that terrorists are created by oppression. They wouldn't exist or be a threat in the first place if not for people meddling

Granted there will always he evil people, but violence will always be circle.

There will never be peace if we keep.solving.problems with war

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app