Why are we all so afraid to be ourselves?

Discussion in 'General' started by BIGCHIEFlilshit, Jul 1, 2012.

1. If the majority rules, is the majority always right? and even if they are always right why do we need to follow them. What if i don't want to bow to conformity? to do what society expects.

Why do we hide behind the possessions we accumulate and the jobs we do?. why do we allow ourselves to be neatly labelled by our ethnicity, beliefs, political leanings and sexual preferences. Do these things truly define who and what we are?

Why do we lie to eachother and ourselves about what we like/dislike and about who we really are? why do we try to hide or remove parts of our being, trying to bash square pegs into round holes. Who benefits from this in the end.

Isn't variety the spice of life? does it not take every kind of people to make the world go round?

It seems to me a lot of these things detract from who and what we really are, from our "humanity".

Maybe you think Im talking shit, maybe you like what i said, or maybe you don't give a fuck either way. Its all good.

To thine own self be true.

Goodnight GC:smoke:

2. cause your insecure.

3. Ya I don't have this issue.

Lol

I'm pretty mofuckin straightforward bout myself.

4. ^ right i agree.

speak fer yourself; or for the masses that are, but im not. haha.

5. Me too..personally I don't give a fuck what people think about me.:smoke:

6. [quote name='"BIGCHIEFlilshit"']If the majority rules, is the majority always right? and even if they are always right why do we need to follow them. What if i don't want to bow to conformity? to do what society expects.

Why do we hide behind the possessions we accumulate and the jobs we do?. why do we allow ourselves to be neatly labelled by our ethnicity, beliefs, political leanings and sexual preferences. Do these things truly define who and what we are?

Why do we lie to eachother and ourselves about what we like/dislike and about who we really are? why do we try to hide or remove parts of our being, trying to bash square pegs into round holes. Who benefits from this in the end.

Isn't variety the spice of life? does it not take every kind of people to make the world go round?

It seems to me a lot of these things detract from who and what we really are, from our "humanity".

Maybe you think Im talking shit, maybe you like what i said, or maybe you don't give a fuck either way. Its all good.

To thine own self be true.

Goodnight GC:smoke:[/quote]

I totally agree with this I feel I don't really care much to people's opinions of me but I also never feel fully confident or think myself as a person is up to much although if you knew me you would think the polar opposite I am normally the one crackin jokes if im out talkin to girls n takin the piss nothings to serious be confident n stuff but I'm really not it seems like a front I feel I be myself but to an extent I relate to this and also struggle to understand why and even why I do it's unreal and strange

7. Deep, Deep down, we're all afraid of judgement, afraid that people won't accept who we really are. Sure, we can put on a facade and tell ourselves that we don't act that we don't pretend, but at the end of the day, all of us are terrified of showing our true emotions. It's an intrinsic, instinctive part of human nature and the more you deny this premise, the more desperate your attempt to uphold your facade really is.

#realtalk

8. This fascinates me as this never crossed my mind till I seen this

9. It's because no matter how much some people deny it. Every single one of us cares what other people think about us.

10. [quote name='"Demiurge"']It's because no matter how much some people deny it. Every single one of us cares what other people think about us.[/quote]

It's like every one on this earth is a character and people are playing upto roles like what they want to be seen as although there are a few individual but that may also be a front I agree everyone cares or society wouldn't be lime it is

11. i feel u bro. i feel u

12. [quote name='"Pch340"']Deep, Deep down, we're all afraid of judgement, afraid that people won't accept who we really are. Sure, we can put on a facade and tell ourselves that we don't act that we don't pretend, but at the end of the day, all of us are terrified of showing our true emotions. It's an intrinsic, instinctive part of human nature and the more you deny this premise, the more desperate your attempt to uphold your facade really is.

#realtalk[/quote]

Fucking truth.

I hate when people say that they're different from 99% of the rest of the world in that they are "realer", and that they don't ever act when every one else does.

I find it slightly somewhat ironic that sooo many people think they're a part of that slim minority. Absolutely everybody "acts" or puts up a front from time to time. Some people just aren't willing to see it or admit it to themselves.

And there's nothing wrong with a little acting once in a while. It doesn't make you fake or some shit. Shit's natural and in some cases it's easily the most logical and reasonable route

Every single person I've met who claims to be real 100% of the time, I've come to find that it was just a front. Sometimes not so bad though and for the most part they didn't act different in certain situations.. but then some of those people have been the "fakest" I've ever met

13. We are afraid to be ourselves because the real version of ourselves requires much more effort and beauty than what we've been led to believe.

My thought process is that we all start off as silhouettes and through tough life experiences we let the light shine through until we fill in the dark and empty spaces.

Smoke on, GC :smoke:

14. if i was to be my self, a lot of that shit would be socially unacceptable. theres i time and place for everything

15. You wanna know why, its because sometimes we dont even know who ourselves is or even sometimes you scared of yourself so you dont be youself bam im Einstein

16. i gonna be real, you make a good point. who are we really? are we extroverts or introverts by nature or by nurture from both society and parenting? i feel everybody

Edit: and are we us if we act by our nature or by the said nurture? that's deep

17. [quote name='"thekushking420"']You wanna know why, its because sometimes we dont even know who ourselves is or even sometimes you scared of yourself so you dont be youself bam im Einstein[/quote]

I can put my hand on my heart and tell you I don't know who I am I can sometimes get asked something n think..... What am I supposed to think? Haha all sorts of shit like that we work in strange ways lol