Why are these there?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by triump, Jan 29, 2007.

1. I have some white hairs comming from my plants. The only problem is that they have be vegging for 4 weeks, 24 hrs of light since germination. What are these white hairs and why are they there?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. dont worry about it, thats natural. your plants arent flowering.

3. Do they indicate sex?

4. They are called "spicules" in no way do they show sex and they are perfectly natural. you need to induce flowering in order for your plants sex to start showing sex.

5. It looks like little white hairs to me. And those pointy things are called stipules

6. looks like you've got yourself a girl :D

When vegging long enough, ~6 weeks or more, pre-florwers will start to develop. These preflowers indicate the sex of your plant before it begins flowering. When this happens, it means that plant is mature or is reaching maturity.

8. those are preflowers, plants show sex after becoming mature... this does happen in veg, and its perfectly normal.

9. That plant is only 5 weeks old and is 5 inchs tall. Is it mature already? How big should the plant be before I take clones?

Thanks

10. the 2 plants that have these pre flowers are growing much slower then the others. Also, it looks like it is developing a bud at the top. Is this possible since they have been under light 24/7. I don't know whats happening here.