Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why are there no fat stoners, Even though we get the munchies.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ITNinja, Jan 19, 2010.

1. You ever notice that the stoners portrayed in movies and stuff are like scraggely. But it's true, I know alot alot of people, And I know not one fat stoner......I assume it increases metabolism in some way, But why is this.

P.S. If you know a fat stoner, i apologize, I am not being insensitive.

2. There aren't any fat stoners?!

[​IMG]

3. It may also have to do with cannabis' anti-inflammatory properties. There is a strong link between obesity and inflammation
    Obesity, inflammation, and insulin resistance. [Gastroenterology. 2007] - PubMed result

4. I have heard it can speed up your metabolism. and maybe it just proves stoners arent really that lazy?

5. I know both anorexic(believe it or not) stoners and morbidly obese stoners.

6. I have smoked with 3 different fat stoners myself. One of them I still smoke with often.

7. Ok, good to know lol. Thanks guys

8. I'm an obeast stoner.

If you're a fat stoner just buy some weights and work your upper body and maybe some cardio. Having a gut ain't no thang if you got a huge upper body, you just look like a football player.

9. whatchu talkin bout ninja? I know A LOT of fat stoners

10. I'm not fat but...I'm kind of chubby. :(

11. I was asking for that hahah.

5"10, 170 lbs, I'm planning on hitting that damn treadmill sooner or later :smoking:

But seriously OP, I have noticed that a lot of stoners aren't fat, regardless of munchies. It takes a lot of eating to actually get FAT (unless you have some sort of problem)... and we all know what the blessed herb does for work ethic. Maybe I'm just getting fat and obese confused though, hehe

12. #13 Klao, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
    I'm pretty heavy, but I was that way for years before I'd ever inhaled my first hit. My uncle is the same way, but he stopped smoking long ago.

People are just people, I think....

I'd say it has a neutral effect on weight, maybe, but it's definitely easier for a person that's already inclined to be large to get into a pattern of weight gain when smoking a lot. I know this firsthand, unfortunately. :(

Mmmm .... no. Not really. It takes someone either ignorant to, or willing to ignore, their ongoing weight problem to hit that point of true obesity .... by failing to adjust eating/exercise habits. However, it's a myth that it necessarily takes a lot of overeating to get there. When you're young, yes, but as many people get older, the body really does hold you to that 2000-2500 a day calorie limit. And, by "older," I'm talking mid-to-late twenties, early thirties at the latest.

It by NO means requires a "lot" of food to start gaining weight. Even if you only exceeded your body's caloric requirements by 100 calories per day (the equivalent of about two chicken nuggets, about 3/4 of a can of Coke, 1/2 of an average cookie, maybe 9-12 almonds .... you get my point, it's not a lot), over the course of 5 years, you'd have gained 50 pounds of body fat. That's not a lot of food to anyone, but to someone that started out relatively slender at 150 pounds .... it means you're going to look rather doughy. It's not that the quantity of food is necessarily obnoxiously large (though in some cases, it certainly is) ..... the flow of time and a failure to make minor adjustments is a factor, too.

There are people for whom their body continues to give them a lot of wiggle room when it comes to their caloric intake well after adolescence, but that's kind of a genetic lottery. For most of us, it's an increasingly thin line with each passing year ... until you get REALLY old, and your appetite starts to wane. :(

13. I know one fat stoner. He's not a stoner really though, he only smokes when I smoke him out which is all the time lol. I usually go over there 2-3 times a week.

I smoke eveyday and I'm 6'3 165lbs.

14. .......lmao

15. Wut? There are overweight, underweight, middleweight, whatever stoners...

I don't know what you're talking about man. I'm sure there have been overweight stoners in movies & TV, none are coming to the mind at the moment though.

16. I know a few fat stoners, but they were all fat before they became stoners. And one of them has actually lost quite a bit of weight since he started smoking weed.

17. His name escapes me but, the main guy from pinapple express was pretty "healthy" lol. Not obese though.

18. Seth Rogen is a bit overweight is that's who you're refering too,

[​IMG]

obviously it's not a good picture of him, but he's one of few overweight stoners I can think of. probably the most well-known stoners, Cheech and Chong were pretty fit. The kids on That 70's Show were skinny. Shaggy was thin.

then again, you don't see a lot of overweight people in the media anyways, much less overweight stoners.

19. Fat stoner here
    6'2, 260 lbs

I smoke everyday usually, but I was fat before I started smoking. I will say that I get quite a bit of excercise smoking, as I have to walk halfway across campus to smoke a bowl or at least a ways behind my dorm to smoke a blunt or a joint.