Why are the Jews hated so much?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Do not post anything anti semetic here.. The intention is to discuss why such hatred exists..

This is something that has always bothered me.. If you leave aside the Israeli/Palestinian problem which everyone has a view on and in world history is only a recent conflict.. It is beyond me and anyone i have discussed this with has not being able to come up with a legitimate reason..

Of all the extreme fanaticism which plays havoc in man's nature, there is not one as irrational as anti-Semitism. … If the Jews are rich [these fanatics] are victims of theft. If they are poor, they are victims of ridicule. If they take sides in a war, it is because they wish to take advantage from the spilling of non-Jewish blood. If they espouse peace, it is because they are scared by their natures or traitors. If the Jew dwells in a foreign land he is persecuted and expelled. If he wishes to return to his own land, he is prevented from doing so.”
    - Lloyd George stated in 1923

2. Because they are jews.
    /thread

3. ^^ Exactly!

Hitler thought jews was taking over the world.

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPi4OcUrHkE]YouTube - Mel Gibson apologize publicly to the jews[/ame]

5. WTF does that mean?

6. Weak attempts at being funny

7. I think he was trying to say that there are so many morons out there that hate them simply for being Jewish.

8. Historians have classified six explanations as to why people hate the Jews:
    1. Economic -- "We hate Jews because they possess too much wealth and power."
    2. Chosen People -- "We hate Jews because they arrogantly claim that they are the chosen people."
    3. Scapegoat -- "Jews are a convenient group to single out and blame for our troubles."
    4. Deicide -- "We hate Jews because they killed Jesus."
    5. Outsiders, -- "We hate Jews because they are different than us." (The dislike of the unlike.)
    6. Racial Theory -- "We hate Jews because they are an inferior race."

As we examine the explanations,
    we must ask -- Are they the causes for anti-Semitism or excuses for Anti-Semitism? The difference? If one takes away the cause, then anti-Semitism should no longer exist. If one can show a contradiction to the explanation, it demonstrates that the "cause" is not a reason, it is just an excuse. Let's look at some contradictions:

1. Economic -- The Jews of 17th- 20th century Poland and Russia were dirt poor, had no influence and yet they were hated.
    2. Chosen People -- a) In the late 19th century, the Jews of Germany denied "Choseness." And then they worked on assimilation. Yet, the holocaust started there. b) Christians and Moslems profess to being the "Chosen people," yet, the world and the anti-Semites tolerate them.
    3. Scapegoat -- Any group must already be hated to be an effective scapegoat. The Scapegoat Theory does not then cause anti-Semitism. Rather, anti-Semitism is what makes the Jews a convenient scapegoat target. Hitler's ranting and ravings would not be taken seriously if he said, "It's the bicycle riders and the midgets who are destroying our society."
    4. Deicide -- a) the Christian Bible says the Romans killed Jesus, though Jews are mentioned as accomplices (claims that Jews killed Jesus came several hundred years later). How come the accomplices are persecuted and there isn't an anti-Roman movement through history? b) Jesus himself said, "Forgive them [i.e., the Jews], for they know not what they do." The Second Vatican Council in 1963 officially exonerated the Jews as the killers of Jesus. Neither statement of Christian belief lessened anti-Semitism.
    5. Outsiders -- With the Enlightenment in the late 18th century, many Jews rushed to assimilate. Anti-Semitism should have stopped. Instead, for example, with the Nazis came the cry, in essence: "We hate you, not because you're different, but because you're trying to become like us! We cannot allow you to infect the Aryan race with your inferior genes."
    6. Racial Theory -- The overriding problem with this theory is that it is self-contradictory: Jews are not a race. Anyone can become a Jew - and members of every race, creed and color in the world have done so at one time or another.
    Why Do People Hate The Jews?

9. I dont hate jews at all but honestly besides the zionist movement the fact that the Jewish religion seems to be seclusive to only those who inherit the religious ideologies- therefore alienating people and making them jealous:rolleyes:- is kinda frustrating :eek:

10. Clarification on the term Semetic.

Semitic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just felt it was necessary since people don't realize how ridiculous they sound invoking claims of anti-semitism in a discussion of Jews vs Arabs. I know that you weren't doing this in your post, but I do think it is necessary to know the meaning of words in order to use them correctly. And you need to know how to use them correctly in order to communicate effectively.

As for why they are hated, I haven't lived in a world were the Jew is the underdog or persecuted in any significant way. I'm not saying they haven't in the past. Accounts of history are easily manipulated, and if I've learned anything its that most of what we learn are based on biased viewpoints, extreme exaggerations or just straight up lies. What I do know is that in todays day and age the Jews are far from their humble beginnings. Just take a look at how many rich and powerful Jews there are all over the world, but in particular in the developed nations of the world. Jews command immense amounts of global political, and more importantly financial power. This whole "woe be unto me for being a jew" attitude just doesn't align with the reality of their current circumstances. Unlike other minority groups with similar histories, Jews are way past the days of their persecution.

11. because god damned them to be the marked people of the world.

12. hrmmm I have to say because of the high prevalence of Jewish people being bankers. this happened waaay back in the 14th century or earlier because of the Vatican's view on Usury. So when the money goes sour and people get mad at Bankers who are most likely Jewish. thats what I'd say

Hardcore Christians that hate Jews because of Judas fail to remember that Jesus was Jewish. So I guess one of God's chosen people (like what they say) can either be a Judas or Jesus??

13. #13 Zylark, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
    Again with your silly word games. Congratulations on using Wikipedia, you're learning to look stuff up. If you put your two braincells together, you might even be able to look up antisemittism on Wikipedia as well.

Just in case you are to lazy for that, or to pre-occupied with your confirmation bias bullshit, I'll help you:

As for your contention that "Unlike other minority groups with similar histories, Jews are way past the days of their persecution." you obviously have not been keeping in touch with current events, where jewhatred is rampant throughout europe. With attacks on their persons, property and places of worship. And it is not europeans behing behind it, but muslims.

You may ask why muslims of the islamist kind hate jews, the reason is simple, they are just following their deranged ideology and texts. Given to them by their "perfect man", Muhammed the misogynist pedophile jewhating pirate torturer and rapist. Amongst other titles he hold.

14. #14 NIXXXON, Jul 25, 2009
    because jews spelled backwards is swej, and nobody likes a swej

in all seriousness, people who hate others based on race are fucking worthless in my book.

15. Trying lighten up, that's all.

I don't hate jews at all.

16. Nah man he is right on those linguistics. Tell me what Judaism is... is it a religion or a people?

What do some Jewish people speak... Hebrew

Hebrew is a semitic language... just as arabic is.

Wikipedia too
    ;)

17. Still do not change the fact that anti-semitism is a term used exclusively with regards to jews. So one can stop splitting hairs now.

18. You're philosophy amazes me man. All I'm saying is that hate towards Jews has been highly over exaggerated especially in today's day and age. Somehow you totally disagree. You rather believe that there is 'rampant' (very accurate and reliable measurement that rampant is) hate against jews, while in the same breadth displaying hate towards muslims. All I've seen on these forums is either love to minor dislike of jews, but certainly not hate. Yet there are various posters like you who have not only made it clear they hate certain other non-jew groups, but advocate this hate as the 'proper way of thinking'. And we all know your all about the 'proper way of thinking' with your periodic rants about conspiracy theories and how we should all argue only within this very limited perspective of events and history in only this very limited manner you prescribe. Grow up and learn to debate without the need to patronize and belittle.

19. yes it is but it is really a term with a twisted meaning. Shit if you are ever described as someone who is "Anti- Something" it already has a negative connotation.

Look at the Abortion issue.

Republicans say Pro-Life

Democrats say Pro-Choice

I wouldn't want to be labeled either "anti-life" or "anti-choice"

20. #20 Zylark, Jul 25, 2009
    So reality is a "limited perspective" now?

By the way, I do not hate muslims. That is just you erecting a strawman. In numerous posts which you have read, I've made a very clear distinction between muslims in general, and islamists.

And yes, there are an enourmous problem with islamists attacking all that is jewish here in europe. I do live in europe you know, I do read newspapers.

Last year there was an attempted terror attack on the synagogue in Oslo Norway. Just this year, rioters in Rotterdam targeted jewish shops. More on the netherlands here. The same is found in France, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden and Germany. Not to mention the UK, where in 2007 alone there were nearly 550 attacks attacks against jews, and rising at an alarming rate.

But ofcourse, you are a conspiracy-theorist, so I'd expect nothing but inanities from you.