Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why are spliffs so bad?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by da4headz, Mar 24, 2013.

1. I like rolling my joints with tobacco. I understand that some people don't like tobacco and thats fine, but I do. What i'll do is roll a spliff thats about 1 part weed to 9 parts tobacco. I'll have a couple of them rolled ahead of time and if I don't get high enough from the first one, I'll smoke another. This way, I can conserve weed and I don't get too high around my dad.

What do you think is so bad about smoking spliffs? Sure theres a tiny risk of lung cancer but if you're worried about lung cancer, you shouldn't be smoking weed either. Also I don't want to hear that it ruins the taste of weed. You smoke weed to get high, not for the taste.

2. It's all about taste,some people hate tobacco(like me) so we roll normal joints. Other people,who enjoy tobacco or don't mind having some will do a spliff.

Or people just take tobacco cause they're missing weed to put in their joint's hehe

3. Taste is a big deal to some of us, especially if you live in the US and have ever tried most of the stuff coming out of mexico. What I am not a fan of is inhaling tobacco so deeply, being a former cigarette smoker I am well aware how disgusting and uncomfortable/painful it is. I say that because with cannabis you are supposed to inhale the smoke deeper into your lungs.

4. Short and sweet: tobacco causes cancer marijuana does NOT. This is not an opinion this is a fact. So maybe do a bit more research or maybe stop living in denial?

5. Tobacco + cannabis is a lot harder on your lungs than just cannabis or just tobacco. Personally, I have never been able to pick up the tobacco habit specifically because of the taste and the smell of the smoke, whereas that is why I like toking so much, not to say that the effects of pot are far more worth it than a little nicotine buzz.

6. Weed has just as many carcinogens and tars as tobacco. YOU do some research. Anything you burn and inhale is bad for you. THAT is a fact. But you are right as regular tobacco user will be more likely to get lung cancer, but this is because of the quantity of tobacco smoked. Its not unusual for a smoker to smoke a pack a day, but not many weed tokers will put down 20 joints in a day. The amount of tobacco you inhale is negligible.

7. Did the research. There are a shitload of chemicals added to commercial tobacco during processing, not to mention the pesticides and fertilizers derived from toxic waste that are used to grow it.

My weed is grown organically and it tastes great. Fuck tobacco.

8. Breaking news strictly cannabis smoker dies from smoking cannabis and gets lung cancer...said no news station ever.

9. It's a waste in a sense but I love it, it's a lot more social than a bong I find.
    Vapes are that in between but I wouldn't go out and about with a vape bigger than an mflb or iolite.

10. A lot of ignorance in this post. There definitely isn't a tiny chance of lung cancer, there is a large chance, especially if you are smoking mostly tobacco.

Many people bake their cannabis, or use vaporizes and even cannabis smoke does not paralyze the cilia in the lungs (unlike tobacco) letting you cough up any tar rather than it just staying in your lungs (like from tobaccoo)

Not everyone smokes weed just to "get high" Many people use it for medicine, some people use as a natural sleep aid, and yes, many of us DO really enjoy the taste of cannabis that has been properly grown, cared for, and cured so again an invalid point.

But to your original question, many do not smoke tobacco period and that is why some people will not want to smoke spliffs. Plain and simple. I have never smoked a cigarette and do not plan on it and have smoked the occasional spliff (prob 9 parts weed, 1 part tobacco) and yes, it does totally ruin the taste.

Just my .02:smoking:

11. U can't say if ur worried Nout lung cancer u shouldn't be smoking weed, weed will not cause the cancer, the paper from your joint will, that's pretty obvious and weed actually has no tar, the tar is n the stock of the plant which we don't smoke , weed by Itself will never and has never caused cancer or will contribute to it , the paper your rolling wit will along with that tobacco, I'm asthmatic and can't afford to fuck around with lung cancer so trust me, weed will not contribute to cancer it does not have the same carcinogens as tobacco not by a long shot , do mre research man, and a lot of people vape nowadays just cuz they don't like smoking anymore and it gets u way higher off less weed, plus the tobaccos gunna gve u a head rush and youl be addicted to that just like poppers, your essentially smoking poppers and youl need tobacco to get ur regular "high" back cuz youl miss the headrush and you won't "feel" as high without it, spliffs are ok but il never smoke 1, try vaping f u want to conserve or pack r tobacco in a bowl with weed on top and hit that , gunna be harsher when u go back to straight weed though ,but weed has so Tars in it, the paper may but not the weed , and if ur still worried, vape or dab,

12. Spliffs are bad cuz there like poppers, youl need th tobacco to "feel" your high gain and make u addicted to it= cancer lol

13. Dude.. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but ANY plant matter that's COMBUSTED leaves tar in the lungs... Tar is particle matter that stays behind. Do you see your bong turning black? That's 'tar' and ash and some sticky cannibanoids attached to them.

Of course cannabis 'has no tar'. Neither does tobacco... It's a product of plant matter combustion, not something that's already in the live plant...

However: the particles in said tar differs from plant to plant. It's not the 'tar' you see on roads etc either. Just particulate matter.

The second you can smoke a joint without the filter going brown: ill believe there's no particulate matter in cannabis smoke.

Untill that day: cannabis smoke DOES contain tar!

That CBD seems to magically counter the carcinogenics found in said tar is true, but a whole different topic on its own.

Now let's light up another one shall we? =)

14. I enjoy cigs, but I can't stand the taste of tobacco and weed mixed. My friend always used to put tobacco at the end of the joint so when we threw the roach it was just tobacco and no weed. God the tobacco wasn't even burning and it tasted horrible.

15. Idk what to say to this, I'm stunned at this clusterfuck of jibbleshit
    :eek:

16. I think granny posted a few studies showing people who've smoked less than or equal to two joints a day (yes paper and all) for twenty plus years without smoking tobacco had no lung capacity loss, any breathing problems or smoking related problems compared to joint and tobacco smokers who had many lung problems. I think they took 40 people for each group over thirty years and the joint smokers only had equivalent and greater lung functionality than someone who doesn't smoke anything at all while the mj and tobacco combined users has copd cancer etc. anyone have a link to this? If not ill post when I'm on my laptop

17. If you are scared about getting cancer.

Dont smoke weed. You are still inhaling carcinogens. Vape it.
    Dont use your mobile phone. You can get cancer from the radiation. Post Letters.
    Dont eat microwave meals. You can get cancer due to microwave radiation. Eat fresh food.

Your welcome.