Why are some people so scared of dogs

Discussion in 'Pets' started by iToker 420, Apr 11, 2012.

1. lol I agree with that. One time I was swimming in the ocean, and this huge 5 foot fish swam by me. Wasn't a shark or anything too dangerous, my friend I was with thought it might be a huge parrotfish. Either way, just seeing this huge 4-5 foot fish swimming around me scared the shit out of me lol.

I didn't run out of the water or anything... but when I first saw this big ass fish the first thing that ran through my mind was "please dont attack me" lol

2. I was about 90% sure this dog was going to attack me yesterday. I havent been that scared in a while
    Put a fu fucking leash on that thing.they have those laws for a reason...

3. Just narrow minded people!
    This may be a weird comparison but its the exact same with racists. The only ones who develop a disliking for a particular race are the ones who dont actually know any! Isnt that just plain stupid? Its just fear of the unknown i guess... I mean hey, thats how pot became illegal in the first place!

Well i say "open your mind"...no wait, that was Kuato from Total Recall...

4. I've always loved dogs. Every time i'm at someone's house who has one my focus just zooms to their pet.

5. I love dog's. But some are evil. I have a scar on my thumb from a dog.

6. I think most ppl who are scared of um have had bad experiences with um
    my bro is somewhat scared of dogs but hes almost been attacked 3times
    twice when he was just a kid.Im pretty sure its had an affect on him
    an so its also like that for other people.I love dogs though an even if
    one freaks me out a little I don't pay no mind until the clucker actually
    tries to do something then I pull out the fists.Haha thank god I've never
    had to punch a dog yet tho.I have 3 an love um so much <3

7. I only fear dogs raised by complete morons. You know, those assholes that think a pitbull is a fashion accessory. Had to fight two pitbulls off a year ago. Real sad.

For some odd reason violent dogs love me, and little yapping rat-dogs hate me. (But that's probably because they sense that I dont like little yapping rat-dogs)

8. Some people just have never been lucky enough to own a dog and dont really understand them. I used to work at a doggy daycare so i absolutely love these animals and couldnt see how anyone could possibly fear them, but as i said some people just never have been exposed to them and are just wimps

9. Because dogs can rip you to shreds? Not all dogs are nice

10. Yup. That's because like 1 in four dogs there has rabies.

Rabies is a serious problem in india, because India is shit, and they dont control the dogs.

I just dont get how they have the bulk of the world's gold, yet their so damn poor.

Maybe they should stop using the gold as thread for their dresses.

11. Yeah most of the time the dog is scared of the people because the people are scare of the dog. Hesitating to pet them and shit, then the dogs like "wtf are you trying to do"

One time i was with my dog in a complex, going down a bunch of stairs (like 5 floors) and on the way i passed a kid and he immediately started crying within like 3 seconds of seeing it.

12. sometimes it's because the owners of the dog dont like you.

My friend's wife's mother owns a little dog and it always barks at me because her mom doesn't like me. Or maybe I dont like her. Either way fuck that rat dog.. lol

13. Idk dude barking can be scary sometimes and aggressive dogs aren't straight at all dude. Chill dogs and cats are whats really good

14. You see I used to live by people in apartments (open to the street) that owned 2 pitbulls on one side and a bulldog on the other. Sweetest dogs you've ever met! One of them was younger and if you moved fast might get skiddish and run away... but many dogs have a tendency to be scared, but would only growl or bark if someone wouldn't leave them alone. I could never imagine these dogs (based on personally knowing them) would harm a toddler walking up to them.

And most goldens / labs i know will scurry over and sniff your butt or maybe pee on your mailbox. Not saying these dongs cant attack, i just think poorly trained or maybe abused ones shouldn't be let off leashes. German shepherds kind of come to mind, my uncle got bit by one as a child but I think most of the time it can be avoided.

P.S. I do hate the one person on the end who had a black lab that would bark 24/7...

15. Dogs can be very intimidating to some people. They are big and muscular, and can easily take down smaller people. One time I was at a cookout and someone brought their rottweiler. They chained him to the fence right infront of the only exit. He had a huge head. His name was Ben. I tried to walk past him through the gate and he lunged at my hand and snapped. I don't know how but I managed to retract my hand fast enough before he connected. It's a certain type of fear when something like that happens. The growl, the face... The fear shoots through your entire body and paralyzes you. Here's the worst part. As I was walking away (nearly shitting my pants) the owner notices and says this: "Oh don't worry, you just have to meet him" AND TRIES TO BRING ME BACK TO THE DOG. I was so scared I didn't stop walking and saying "oh no it's ok im fine".

I still love rotties though :)

16. As a toddler, I was attacked by a dog and I've been terrified ever since.

I go as far as if I'm walking down the road and see someone with a dog, I'll cross the road and walk away as quick as possible. If I dog jumps on me or comes near me, I'll cry and I'll scream.

Most people I know are grand with it. If they have dogs, they put the dogs out in the garden if I'm there.
    But some people are just douches about it. They tell me "oh stop being silly", "oh just get over it"... and some people get outwardly pissed at me when I show fear.
    ...Sorry for being mauled by a huge dog as a toddler. The dog ONLY cracked several of my rib bones.

17. Whatta nice topic! I used to be a dog-phobe and now, I'm the biggest lover of dogs and not one barks at me now ... I guess they sense my vibe ;)

I started getting real freaked out around dogs cause one of my friend's "very friendly" dog bit me :D Point being - poor training, but my mind was scarred :D

Then, I lived with someone who has 2 dogs, labs (proper training and love given by the guy) ... They brought me back to life in terms of going from one extreme to another :p

I was such a big dog-phobe that I used to start sweating and shaking on seeing one :laughing:

Yea, my example is still given in a lot of circles :D

18. Yea I don't get it either, A human could easily take on a dog 1 on 1.

I had to bet a dog off me when I was 14, it was a big German Shepard. It bit my knee when I had my back tuned and I fucki blasted that fucker in the head with a right hook lol

19. Because their black, it's in their genetics.