Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why are some people so against weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by preewee, May 8, 2011.

1. Fuck weed that stuffs for losers who can't do anything with their lives..

2. Some of those are just regular people just giving their opinion. A misinformed opinion on a subject they know nothing about. People do it all the time. You do it too I bet

3. Easy. Propaganda and false, biased imaging.

4. While you have 3000 posts?
    Just messin man :smoke:

5. Steve Jobs smoked mad pot when he was developing Apple and Mac computers. He's super successful now, don't you think? lol. I really wish people did speak out more.

6. OK, I'm focused on medical uses since I do use cannabis medically. I feel that the medical reasons on their own are enough to warrant legalization! Here's a little bit from my List (1st link in my sig) to help educate those who know only what they learned in DARE-

Cannabis compound stops spread of breast cancer: researchers (news - 2007)
    Cannabis compound stops spread of breast cancer: researchers - Health - CBC News

Cannabis extract makes brain tumors shrink, halts growth of blood vessels
    (news - 2004)
    [FONT=&quot]Cannabis extract makes brain tumors shrink, halts growth of blood vessels

[/FONT]
    Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news - 2007)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows[/FONT]

Active cannabis chemicals halt prostate cancer cell growth (news - 2009)
    Active cannabis chemicals halt prostate cancer cell growth

Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA (news - 2008)
    Marijuana Ingredients May Fight MRSA

Pot Compound Protective Against ‘Mad Cow' Disease, Other Fatal Brain Disorders, Study Says (news - 2007)
    Pot Compound Protective Against ‘Mad Cow' Disease, Other Fatal Brain Disorders, Study Says - NORML

Cannabis May Halt Progression Of Multiple Sclerosis (news - 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]Cannabis May Halt Progression Of Multiple Sclerosis, Study Says - NORML[/FONT]

Marijuana Compound May Help Stop Diabetic Retinopathy (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot] Marijuana Compound May Help Stop Diabetic Retinopathy[/FONT]

Lab Notes: Pot Has Benefits for Diabetic Hearts (news - 2010)
    Medical News: Lab Notes: Pot Has Benefits for Diabetic Hearts - in Lab Notes, Lab Notes from MedPage Today

THC protects heart cells in the case of lowered oxygen supply (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]International Association for Cannabis as Medicine[/FONT]

Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries (news - 2005)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries

[/FONT]
    Cannabis to lower blood pressure! (news - 2006)
    Cannabis to lower blood pressure!

Cannabis Helps Ulcers And Crohn's Disease (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Cannabis Helps Ulcers And Crohn's Disease: The Hempire - [cannabis, britain][/FONT]

Cannabis does all that and more! (Click that first link in my sig and read!)

Are they are against it because it "gives you a giggle"? Must medicine be always be a "bitter pill"? And what's so bad about "feeling good", anyway? :smoke: And if "feeling good" is bad, why are Paxil and other anti-depressants prescribed so often in the US?

Or is it that it has not been FDA approved? (FYI- Cannabis has a written medical history of over 4,000 years- without a single overdose fatality! You can't say that of many medicines, whether herbal or man-made.)

And what exactly does that "FDA approval" do for us? We are sold FDA approved anti-depressants that may cause "suicidal thoughts", erectile aids that can make you go deaf or blind, and allergy remedies that may cause "rare, but fatal" side effects! Listen to the "fast talk" at the end of any prescription drug commercial- it's dang scary! :eek:

And cannabis is safer than aspirin! :smoke:

Granny :wave:

7. Ignorance and misinformation.

8. look at any question about smoking weed on yahoo answers and see the answers people give. It honestly makes me loose hope or humanity. How can , in this day and age, so many people be so un-educated. whatever, weeds legal in colorado and washington now, IMA FORGET ABOUT ALL THOSE IDIOTS WITH A ROAD TRIP

9. Propaganda and slander. I've showed my parents all the facts and all the benefits but because its ILLEGAL its the devils herb. The Union is the best weed related documentary

10. i hate when people are super adamant about anything. like, you could be wrong, chill the fuck out.

11. Because they are idiots who think the government should regulate people's personal business.

12. Those people are brainwashed by society who has made them unable to think by themselves.

13. Because they don't know, what it be.

Terrible DMX spin.

14. I was mostly against it because my parents always told me not to smoke when I was younger.

15. i absolutely hate the ignorant people who, even when presented with evidence, just deny deny deny and close their mind completely to any other information then that which they learnt in PDHPE class and government websites. They assert themselves correct and us as idiots with delusional conspiracy theories when they are just spouting bullshit and we are using logic and fact to convey our point, and they call us stupid and retarded. Fuck it pisses me off beyond belief

16. Try being an atheist youngest child in a religious family, trust me.

Seriously though, who cares? Some people like DD McD Marlboro and Budweiser, let them do them, everyone causes harm to their body.