Why are Salt bowls so popular?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Evangelion_Jeff, May 21, 2010.

1. ive seen some ghost stuff, but ive gotten like 3 pms telling me to, so i guess i havent dug deep enough! ill check back here with what i think of ghost when im not drunk haha

2. i'm sick of wig wags myself, the only pieces i'll buy next will be AK, i've moved to arty pieces like the Pakoh Bot, BearClaw Alien, MikeFro Prehistoric, and Brandon Martin Electroformed and such. it's new, it's original, it's higher detail and definitely classy. reminds me of ancient artifacts History channel forgot to cover or just futuristic pieces we shouldn't even have this century.

latest pickup, i know it's not SALT but will help answer your question. It's a new different unique style of glassblowing.

[​IMG]

3. Love my Salt slide. The quality of the work is just so good that I think that's why so many people like his stuff. Obviously its all just personal preference of course. And No Comment, check out the Zach P slide I posted in the heady thread, its not super gory but its plenty for me personally and its not lacking in blood.

4. yeah pakoh is sick, i just viewed ghost's gallery... holy shit, you guys are right. hes almost exactly what im looking for (more blood pls) but hes really awesome, i love

[​IMG]

good lord^

5. u look at any of merc's stuff?

6. opps lol typo. and i agree with the earlier poster that mention that we need more heady icepinch & dd slides

7. Bookmarking this thread for the shear informational value.
    Some of this work that's being done is unreal!!

God damn you guys are like living, typing, headshops.

8. I'm a fuckin newb but can someone explain this salt bowl shit? I get that salt is a blower (Right?) who does a lot of unique bowls. But is there a link to a gallery or something? And he does rapper's heads for bowls? That is sick! How much do his bowls usually run?

9. hmm, well salt is a blower, correct, he does some pretty damn unique bowls, bubs, dries, and now even tubes w/ luke wilson..here is a link to an appreciation thread of his....pretty sick page also..Salt appreciation thread - Page 84 - TokeCity
    his bowls usually cost anywhere from 80 for a small tini, to an average of about 130 for his bowls, his dries are like 300. it all depends really

another blower named Ghost makes like busts of different ppl, including some rappers, but also does tons of other crazy shit...here's some of his work
    Ghost Appreciation Thread!! - Page 28 - TokeCity

his bowls range everywhere from about 150 to an average of like 275 for his bowls. but again it really depends

10. Wow such a quick and accurate response. Thanks man. Do you have any specific links to the busts that ghost has done? It's kind of hard to sift through the 24+ pages of that forum and if you already know the links... :wave:

11. i don't know what pages have what if that's what you're asking.......but i'll pm you a site that'll be of interest

12. Because Salt is the sculpting master. Bout to grab a Salt Luke disc slide... yeah.

13. good god, that ghost thread... hes officially my favorite. i need a custom.

14. You let me know if you land that one...lol

In all seriousness though, there's a fucking Ghost gallery at my LHS. So many fucking pieces. Probably has more stock there than anywhere else in the country. Wait... I'm thinking Freeek. Fuck. Well they do still have a ton of Ghost. lol

15. ive never seen ghost around here, but maybe they have some in philly. yeah i know ill never get a custom, wishful thinking. but really, i want his jason voorhees slide quite badly. i also like any kind of brain slide. he fucking kills.

this is ultra badass, hope the photographer doesnt mind me using this,

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1149/0000059tp9.jpg (picture is too big to put up)

i dont care how old it is, kreuger = win.

edit: OHMYFUCK if anyone ever sees one of these, let me know, and i will seriously sell some dvds to get it! (dvd is what i spend all my money on, i like horror movies)

http://www.ghostglassart.com/blog/blog/uploads/2009/05/freddy_kruger.jpg
    i NEED that.

16. Jason Vorhees? Is that a horror series slide?

17. yeah, you know, from friday the 13th? theres a couple of that type from him on that TC thread. leatherface, lecter, voorhees, kreuger, alien, predator.. tons of shit. he chooses the coolest subjects.

edit: yah here http://www.ghostglassart.com/blog/tag/ghost-glass-art™/

18. i used to have a ghost slide...unfortunately while cleaning my piece it fell off a ledge and shattered...most devastating feeling ever...

19. damn thats brutal... what was it?

20. i didnt find it in the appreciation thread..but bought it at J Friendlies in Baltimore. Was rusty orange color with copper splatter...and had alien ear looking things coming out of the slide..so there were three pulls. and favorite part about it was that when you lit it at night or in dark, the whole bowl would glow orange...man i miss that...