Why Are People So Scared Of Exercise?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Taz_21, Apr 25, 2014.

1. I hate trying to convince people that they need to workout in order to be healthier..why the fuck can't people just understand that they will die sad and fat!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. lol I think you might be oversimplifying

3. right.....like happy healthy skinny people dont die....smh

4. Preach it brother...... preach

5. Thanks for stating the obvious..I'm just saying that they'll live longer healthier happier lives.

6. What do you mean exactly?

7. You can be the most physically fit person in the world but it doesn't necessarily mean you are as fit mentally.

8. It's called laziness.

9. quit pushing you're views onto others if they aint ask you...live free live happy do wtf you want.

10. Maybe they are happy being fat, ever think of that?

11. Who says they will be sad.... Happiness isn't universal. Some people are happy being fat, more power to them.

I understand your point and I agree. I think everyone should workout but I'm not them sooooo just worry about you. Personally I like that people are lazy, less competition for me hahaha

12. Why are you trying to convince people of that in the first place? 

It's like telling someone "smoking is bad for you, you should quit!" 

Yeah, everyone knows that :p 

13. But there is a higher probability

14. Everyone knows it they just don't realise how much it affects our country overall

Fair enough, but if someone is already choosing not to exercise, they aren't going to change their mind because some guy told them to. It just comes off as obnoxious. :p 

16. Because it's America and those people work hard to uphold our notion of being lazy, fat, and unmotivated.

17. #17 Delightfully High, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    Well it's because I'm lazy and have lost my motivation.

18. So me telling someone that it would beneficial for their confidence, health, life to lose some weight

19. Basically me telling they that a healthier lifestyle would be beneficial is obnoxious?

Ur an idiot.

Please try to keep disagreements civil. Name-calling is not tolerated on Grasscity... - IgnorantFool

20. I'm thin as heck, 130 at 6'1".

I fucking hate exercise. It is not fun, AT ALL! How does anyone get off to it? I mean, sometimes I do take the long way on a walk, or take stairs instead of the elevator, or do some push ups and sit ups. But only the bare minimum I need to function as a person. I'll never understand working out for hours daily, I mean, Jesus. Talk about not mentally engaging activities...