Why are people so negative on this site?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Budlma, Apr 19, 2018.

1. I've signed up for a few weeks thinking I was joining a positive community of people; but there is so much negativity on here. People trying to boast they no more or can do it better. Chill man, everyone has to start somewhere. It's not a competition people. Lets empower one another instead of all this negativity.

• Like Like x 3
  2. And yes 'know' not 'no'. Typo.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Yep

Click, click, clique

You hit it on

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I don't get why people are so competitive and negative. I love helping people and teaching them what I know and also learning from those more experienced. I dont get what their problem is but it makes me not want to use the site any more.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I joined a few months ago also, I find most of the people here are helpful and friendly, it wouldn’t be normal for planet earth if everyone got a long I suppose :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Yes you are right not everyone is negative. There are lots of helpful people too. I should have said why are some people...

• Like Like x 2
  7. It's the intenet....you're going to run into it everywhere

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I sometimes respond to a thread and don't have a lot of time and leave a short to the point response. One could possibly take it is negative. But try to elaborate when when time allows. Also when reading text it is not always possible to feel the intention or tone of a poster's comment. And a lot of times people are opinionated and not negative. Some are set in their ways and that's it. Of course there is the one or 2 that seem to get off on ruffling feathers. But they are few and far between. There are way more people on here that are sensitive whiners than negative people.

• Like Like x 5
  9. #9 Buzzer777, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    SOMETIMES people asking questions don't like the answers they receive, and proceed to belittle the people trying to help..I used to try to assist best I could, but have pretty much stopped; unless a thread happens to catch my interest (like this one).
    SOooo, many of us here, ask the same questions in reverse..Why are some new members so negative when they get answers they either don't like or those they disagree with..?????
    See..full circle..and a belated welcome;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  10. I feel you man, I came across a thread that was called (new GC members be like) with a pic of nice looking plants, hinting that a new GC member couldn't have nice plants, I may be a new member but it's not my first grow, I just want to learn other methods. Buzzer also has a point it is very easy to misunderstand a text. The best you can do is ignore posts you don't like or you can join the competition and try to outgrow some of the GC veterans, some of witch got all there knowledge from books and have never germinated a seed in there life, I mean come on some people still use the paper towel method.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  11. I still use the paper towel method with 90% + germination rates..(I put them into rockwool as soon as a taproot emerges as not to damage the tiny root hairs)..Many frown on it and many use it..I say..if it works..don't fuck with it!!;)
    2nd shot has a red arrow which showed a noobie how to prop up a seedling:)
    4-12-18.jpg 3-25-18 1.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. It could be worse somewhere else.

giphy (5).gif

• Like Like x 1
  13. I used to grow..got pretty good ..super focus is what I love about having ADHD. I didn't like my own product , quite a few others loved it..I'd still be growing if it weren't for the cost..well over 1,000 a month.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Curious how $1000 per month..unless it was a larger grow..I used to spend about $400 per month at a dispensary for far less product and not as good either.
    I spend less than $300 per month growing 12 plants using about 1000 watts from the wall..(LED veg and Flower too), including nutes, water etc..

• Like Like x 2
  15. What's better and cheaper than a paper towel water and a plastic Baggie? I'm interested

• Like Like x 2
  16. I had a perpetual grow . 3,000 watts. Nutes , soil, then yes I would buy live resin from a local dispensary ...electric bill alone during summer , with A.c. would be around 600

• Like Like x 1
  17. I used to use seedling pots , soak the growing medium, used a black sharpie..the white end..poke about the length of the first knuckle of your finger and drop a seed , cover seed, and like a few days later it pop out. Id use a spray bottle due to fragility of the seedlings to keep medium moist.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wonder if I could recover my 5% by switching from generic paper towels to designer paper towels..LMAO

• Like Like x 3
  19. I don't even use paper towels I use coffee filters instead. Makes me think less fibers for the taps to grab and break off off.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Yikes..THANK YOU!! never thought of that..I get them a few hundred at a time, at the dollar store..next time for sure..24hr soak>coffee filter>Rockwool..too easy..;) Same question..I I get the Mr. Coffee or Melitas..will it increase my germ rate? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1