Why are my yields so crazy low guys, I’m just baffled

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Derpterpgrowgal, Feb 1, 2018.

1. So, does 'goof' mean good, or crappy ? Maybe just a joke intended ?

2. It’s means crap

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. You just rescued yourself, lol They didn't get it at first...

4. Some things to ponder...
    I do not add Co2 and grow in an unheated pole barn where for the last month temps in my area have been in double digit below 0F at night and something around 0F during the day. Needless to say my exhaust/passive intake has been mostly off. (This happens yearly, btw) So for a couple months every winter the only Co2 refreshing my room gets if from my daily passing through the door and my breathing in there as I tend to the plants. The yields of my winter grow are on par with the other seasons as are my veg and flower times.
    My first 4 grows ever were done with 1 MH bulb, start to finish with every grow yielding better than the last. I realize the bulb was becoming a detriment and it was overcome with other things being dialed in but....It also was not a high end bulb but a $32 PlantMax. I still use my bulbs for 4 grows (2 bulbs now though) (Eye Hortilux suggests it is good for over a year at 12H a day). The Plantmax just lists 10000 hours. I take them at their word.
    I also just have a cheap wing reflector which some suggest also needs to be swapped out after a year or so. Mine will be into its 5th year in a couple months. I have consistantly been getting around 20 zip every grow with my 600W HID for the last 3 years. Could I maybe squeeze out a couple more zips with a new bulbs every grow, better Co2, and a new reflector?...probably...but I am good with where it is at.

5. #25 Rezerg, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    You think Co2 is a waste of time and I have no experience when I have been growing for over 40 years. You think Ed Rosenthal doesnt know what he's talking about? He is the absolute top person when it comes to anything marijuana. You can ask anyone and if you tell them that you think his stuff is wrong then you'll be told just how dumb you really are by every professional grower there is.

First off. THIS last grow was with a bag, yes. I have made my own c02 PLENTY of times. Co2 is Co2 it doesnt matter where you get it. Second, I dont have 40 years worth of grows in my journal to show you.

Quote-
    "I cant not help but comment on this, Rezerg, you have no real world experience with C02.

you have a C02 bag.. now your running to every post and saying c02 is god.

Theres many people on this forum who use c02, and im one of them.

This 30% increase in yield is BS, they grow a lot faster, yes. Do the buds get bigger with c02. No.

ive recently stopped using c02 in flower after 3 years of doing it.

Theres no real increase in flower, where I see c02 helps is veg, my veg time is cut in half with c02.

until you buy a real c02 setup, bottle, controller etc.. your experience in c02 is next to none."

6. Don’t think he’s trying to say that Rez
    Think he’s saying he has great results already
    So why change something that isn’t broke
    I’m sure c02 does increase growth rates as opposed to someone that is not using it
    But grow room has to be dialled in correctly and plus most appliances that give out c02 also give out lots of heat
    So there’s pros and cons
    Thanks stedz

7. #27 Rezerg, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Sorry it didnt quote me. I was talking to the guy that said I didnt know what i was talking about on page 1. damn website. I've put the quote in.

Co2 makes it so you can run higher heat without problems as well. There are no cons to adding co2 other than the money it takes to buy stuff to make it.

I can tell no one here actually clicked on Ed's information. To directly quote him. "if you are not using co2, you're wasting electricity''

Heres some good information and reading we've already talked about quite a long time ago.

Running CO2 until Final Harvest Day

This is science. If it doesn't work for you then you're doing something wrong.

8. Will be something I take more serious next grow mukka
    I’ll do anything to increase yield and bud quality
    But sometimes budget and space come into play and some people have limited of both
    So keep it simple and grow your own medicine
    Stedz

9. I could careless if you have 40 years experience, my buddy has 25 years experience and still produces garbage lol.

Ed's a very smart man.
    My whole point is the bags are useless, PPM gauges don't lie.
    Ed also says you don't see any difference in growth if there under 1500 ppm... from what u said, your at about 1000 ppm, which I highly doubt, but what ever.

So in theory, From eds info, the C02 is doing nothing for you

also, how many watts is your light? and whats the brand.

10. Never mind, I found it.

Your running 300 watts, in a 4x4.. 2 plants.
    that's 18.75 Watts per SQFT, c02 wont do much inless your in the 40-50sqft at 1500 ppm, 25 being the absolute min. If you want references let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Co2 is Co2, but those bags barely increase the PPM. That's like saying a Honda Civic is the same as a Nascar because they're both motor vehicles.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Weedhead let me explain my bulbs situation. My ex gave me the bulbs in boxes and they seemed new but our relationship wasn’t grand and I was not certain if the bulbs had ever been used or not. So I said they were a couple years old as a potential I suppose although I recently got a light meter to test them and they all test at 1000 when I hold the meter very close to the hood. I can now assume that they were in fact new. Which means it shouldn’t have been from the bulbs. I was referring to Tbone saying you don’t need Co2 unless they are in veg, so yes it actually is what he said. As far as creating a sealed room, it was my friend who built the room for me. In the ten years we grew together, there were a lot of things I did not do and building our rooms was one of many. This has been a huge learning curve. We both brought different things to the table. I am just doing the best I can here and hoping for the experts on here and their time proven experience not snide comments because I’m a female thanks!

13. Psssssh.
    sss