Why are my seeds not doing anything?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrowingNewb, Jun 28, 2016.

1. My seeds came from True North Seed Bank and so far all three from Royal Queen Seeds seem like duds. The first two went about 7-10 days each before I gave up on them because of absolutely no sign of change at all. This new one I started has been in there about 4 days, also no sign at all of any change, not giving up yet.

The way I store them is the way it said on the Canuk seeds website, in a light proof container in a cool place like a refrigerator. I wrapped them up in the packaging they were shipped in and placed them in my fridge.

The method I'm using for germination is putting them between two paper towels and then between two paper plates. I have them in the grow tent to keep it nice and warm.

That's the same germ method I used on my bag seed and it grew with no problem at all.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Just my thoughts dude,

Only heard of storing seeds in refrigator or freezer in vacuum tight packaging so that moisture stays below 10% to make sure that it doesn't try an germinate.

I put my seeds in a cup of water for 24 hours then place in tissue, straight in clothes draw I don't use heat as I like to think to bring the heat around slowly.

5 days would be a max for me personally for waiting for germination bro

• Like Like x 1
  3. And the reason for storing them is only long term otherwise leave em in packaging and put in draw that's what I do lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. I only use a cup, they always get taproots for me in a cup with a little splash of h202. I use just barely warm water when i start and i keep the room about 75-80 until i have taproots. For dark i stick them on the top shelf in the closet where all the hotter air resides.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yea man you don't need to store your seeds in a fridge. I keep mine in a little dime bag in a lunch box lol
    If you're gonna germ just put them in soaked paper towel that's been soaked with PH corrected water for 48 hours, if no white tail, they're duds.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ive got about 40 seeds from tru north. never had any problem. Also never heard of putting them in the fridge. Everything ive read (and it worked all of mine have germinated) was damp, humid and dark. Not cool or cold

• Like Like x 2
  7. i've kept all my true north seeds in the fridge and most have sprouted no problem. 6 of 8 seeds to be exact, all extremely healthy and hardy. Give your seeds time. One of mine sprouted and grew its first set of leaves in 3 days, but the rest of my seeds took a little over a week. I give it 2 weeks before tossing them out. Could also just be bad luck; nothing's guaranteed with growing. Try a different germination method. This is the one I use, minus the part about putting it in paper towel afterward. I drop straight in the pot after a 48 hour soak, regardless of how much the seed has cracked.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yes, you do not have to germinate them alone in a paper towel. Soak them overnight and pop them in some soil about 1/4" deep, water them in with some pH corrected water and put them under the lights. Leave them alone. If they're any good at all, they'll come up in a few days. If they're duds, you'll never see anything. But you don't have to go through the germination process really at all. They'll grow anywhere they have half decent conditions if they're good seeds to start with. I know lots of folks who store their seeds in the fridge, so don't be afraid of that. You may just have gotten a batch with some bad ones in it. But don't give up. All you need is one! LOL TWW

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you everyone for the answers. I'll drop the seed in a cup for a couple days and go from there. Last time I added a drop of super thrive and the seed grew fine so perhaps that's what I need now too.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Grasscity Forum mobile app